Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
January 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

G wrote:


In the early morning hours, Rep. Barbara Lee did attempt to attach H.R. 589 to the Fiscal Year 2011 Continuing Budget Resolution. Yes, this was disallowed (it should be noted that this method is used and has
succeeded without objection in the past).


Does this mean that H.R.589 is dead… NO!

This was but one of many methods that are being used to move H.R.589 along. The bill is still alive and in Committee.

H.R.589 is still gaining support, and it is imperative that you continue to focus your efforts on those House Members that comprise the Rules Committee, The Ways and Means Committee, and Representatives Bohener and
Cantor. It goes without saying that you should continue to reach out to your House Representatives.


I have again been asked to pass along the message that your appreciation for those in support of
H.R. 589 is recognized, but that there is no need to call and thank those already on board. It is preferred that you focus your attention and efforts upon those who are net yet supporting this bill.


Rep. Lee and others in the House are still fighting hard to legislate H.R. 589 and so should each of you.
DO NOT become discouraged based upon rumor, opinion, or the words of individuals who do not have direct dialogue with those directly involved in this process.


For additional and or updated information, please visit the American 99ers Union website.


Update from the 99ers Union, February 25, 2011:


H.R. 589 now has 69 Co-Sponsors and the list is growing.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 46

Back to top Go down


589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by lennon5 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 pm

We all lose, another week we R still nowhere in R fight. When do we give up. I can't wait any longer. They Leeds us down the path with hope we get to the fork in the road and we have not way to go. We R left there to decide which way to go. Human nature at that point makes everyone make their own choice. So I turn Left other's turn right we R still united in mind and we still need help. Now we are not one group anymore. Isn't that what they R doing to us?

lennon5
Member

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by ET on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Where is Greg Rosen? What happened to him? Can anyone email him?
ET
ET
Member

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : New Port Richey Hell, Floriduh

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:50 pm

ET wrote:Where is Greg Rosen? What happened to him? Can anyone email him?

This is his site. If you are a member, you can send him a message. He should be around shortly, but his associates can answer any questions you have.

http://tier5.webs.com/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:52 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
ET wrote:Where is Greg Rosen? What happened to him? Can anyone email him?

This is his site. If you are a member, you can send him a message. He should be around shortly, but his associates can answer any questions you have.

http://tier5.webs.com/

We have been in contact with the 99ers Union, as we are now a member, and there are no further updates. I assume that the budget negotiations are holding everything else up.
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 619286

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by keilowkei on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

I know it's frustrating and disillusioning to e-mail fax tweet call etc..And get no real answer's or see any articles with good news concerning H.R.589..It's tough and people are barely hanging on to there homes cars and barely make ends meet..But we must not give up..Do not give them what they want at least make some one earn there money going through,reading and listening to the faxes e-mails tweets and phone calls..As many have said the budget cuts r taking up there time at this point..If you were one of the reps or senators that opposed H.R.589 would you not rather just have people give up and stop contacting you..And not hear anything from the media Let alone anything positive...So keep bugging them 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 562135 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 137906 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 671705 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 702363 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 758924

keilowkei
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by keilowkei on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:51 pm

At least until some one gets people united and figures away to get us all in one place at one time...So they can see our faces...

keilowkei
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm

We cannot give up, that's precisely what they want. If we all remain quiet and go away, they won, the response would be"see they weren't really all that worried about getting additional benefits" . I am sending the sponsors additional correspondence and our letter again, just as a reminder. 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:17 pm

As easy as it may seem at times to just lay down our sword and shields, now is not the time at all. Now is the time to push even harder now. Bombard these folks with calls faxes emails, what ever your medium may be.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions. 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 780423
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 46
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Press Release from the 99ers Union- February 17, 2011
In the early morning hours, Rep. Barbara Lee did attempt to attach H.R. 589 to the Fiscal Year 2011 Continuing Budget Resolution. Yes, this was disallowed (it should be noted that this method is used and has
succeeded without objection in the past).


Does this mean that H.R.589 is dead… NO!

This was but one of many methods that are being used to move H.R.589 along. The bill is still alive and in Committee.

H.R.589 is still gaining support, and it is imperative that you continue to focus your efforts on those House Members that comprise the Rules Committee, The Ways and Means Committee, and Representatives Bohener and
Cantor. It goes without saying that you should continue to reach out to your House Representatives.


I have again been asked to pass along the message that your appreciation for those in support of
H.R. 589 is recognized, but that there is no need to call and thank those already on board. It is preferred that you focus your attention and efforts upon those who are net yet supporting this bill.


Rep. Lee and others in the House are still fighting hard to legislate H.R. 589 and so should each of you.
DO NOT become discouraged based upon rumor, opinion, or the words of individuals who do not have direct dialogue with those directly involved in this process.


For additional and or updated information, please visit the American 99ers Union website.


http://www.american99ersunion.com/

Update: February 21, 2011


Update from the 99er's Union
February 21, 2011

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed legislation to cut $60-billion plus from hundreds of federal programs early Saturday. The measure faces a great deal of oppositon in the Democratic-controlled Senate. In addition to contacting those House members already provided, we suggest contacting your Senators and requesting that any compromises made on this legislation, must include the passage of H.R.589.


Contact your Senators!


www.senate.gov

***Update March 7, 2011:***
There are now 73 co-sponsors for HR 589!

Many members have commented on Rep. Lee's track record on past legislative proposals. Please do not take that into consideration. This is now. Her strategy has a reason that we are not privy to. Take a look at the number of co-sponsors and who they are. They have a voice also in getting this bill passed.

Please remain positive and focus on contacting members of Congress who have not signed on to HR 589. The more co-sponsors, the better!



Important contact information for HR 589 - Make your voices heard!


http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/ John Boehner, Speaker of the House
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/ Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader
http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
www.House.gov
www.senate.gov
www.whitehouse.gov
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/Contact/

Contact David Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee at:


http://camp.house.gov/Contact/

You can use the following cities and zip codes:

Traverse City, MI 49684 - 2299 (If address is needed: 121 East Front St.)

Midland, MI 48640 -5105 (If address is needed: 135 Ashman St.)

See this thread for the current list of HR 589 Co-sponsors:

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t181p60-99ers-need-your-help-today-tommorrow-and-until-hr589-is-passed#5276

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=112
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Use our Congress.org tool on the right side of the home page to find your US and Local legislators!

Make your voice heard - click on the Pop Vox widget and vote! Legislators and their aides use this tool to listen to what their constituents want!

The number of Co-sponsors is now at 73 - contact your Republican Reps and tell them to sign on!


We will not be forgotten again! Keep contacting today, tomorrow and until they bring it to the Floor!
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

desp! Ok, This keep contacting, keep contacting!!! Thats well and good. But HELLO! to those who introduced the bills and co sponsors!! Keep working on it, Keep working on it, keep working on it!!!! Keep working on it!!! We are forgotten! So we got to jog their memory!!! OK????
Otherwise we may as well be contacting WALLS!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 73

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:57 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:desp! Ok, This keep contacting, keep contacting!!! Thats well and good. But HELLO! to those who introduced the bills and co sponsors!! Keep working on it, Keep working on it, keep working on it!!!! Keep working on it!!! We are forgotten! So we got to jog their memory!!! OK????
Otherwise we may as well be contacting WALLS!!!

1208, if we were forgotten, the bill would not have picked up another co-sponsor over the weekend.

HR 589 is not dead!


Happy dance

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by ET on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

ok...I used the Traverse City address. Sent Dave Camp an email on his site.
Ellen
ET
ET
Member

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : New Port Richey Hell, Floriduh

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by keilowkei on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:15 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:desp! Ok, This keep contacting, keep contacting!!! Thats well and good. But HELLO! to those who introduced the bills and co sponsors!! Keep working on it, Keep working on it, keep working on it!!!! Keep working on it!!! We are forgotten! So we got to jog their memory!!! OK????
Otherwise we may as well be contacting WALLS!!!

Then contact rep. Barbara Lee..You have to have a califonia zip and address..I just used her office address to e-mail her today hopefully I get a e-mail back....
FEDERAL TOWER BLDG
1301 CLAY ST
OAKLAND CA 94612-5217

keilowkei
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 20799

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by CLO on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Given the skewed numbers regarding the UE %, and all the "hoopla" as far as the #'s of UE going down,(yeah, right) I don't see any help for the long-term unemployed coming anytime soon- I am not usually pessimistic, but think about it. If this were to be passed, and millions of "99'ers" go back on the UE rolls, that would defeat the "economic recovery" that is SUPPOSEDLY taking place... the "official" number of unemployed would explode... but I still e-mailed 4 reps in my state regarding this bill.

CLO
Member

Posts : 80
Join date : 2011-02-22
Location : Ioway

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:40 pm


Use our Congress.org tool on the right side of the home page to find your US and Local legislators!


Make your voice heard - click on the Pop Vox widget and vote! Legislators and their aides use this tool to listen to what their constituents want!


The number of Co-sponsors is now at 73 - contact your Republican Reps and tell them to sign on!

We will not be forgotten again! Keep contacting today, tomorrow and until they bring it to the Floor!


589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by ET on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Emailed Bilirakis again.
ET
ET
Member

Posts : 126
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : New Port Richey Hell, Floriduh

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by keilowkei on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:11 pm

The goal was to get the U.E rate down to 8.9%???8.9 is a good rate??Either it will go back to what it was,maybe higher or they will continue to manipulate the numbers... 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 562135 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 137906 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 671705 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 702363 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 758924

keilowkei
Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 pm

keilowkei wrote:The goal was to get the U.E rate down to 8.9%???8.9 is a good rate??Either it will go back to what it was,maybe higher or they will continue to manipulate the numbers... 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 562135 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 137906 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 671705 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 702363 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 758924

I wonder if there is a way they could offset (or manipulate lol) the numbers of 99ers if this bill passes. They could put 99ers in a category of their own so there isn't a spike in the over all unemployment numbers.
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 944440

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by superstevies on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm

emailed both CA. Senators Boxer & Feinstein as well as my House dist. 26 rep. David Dreier...who is pretty much worthless as far as getting any help but I did it anyway. They hate me at his office and think they know me by name by now.

Party of my daily ritual..wake up, coffee, brush my teeth. Call, email and fax these guys.

Look for work. Lunch...Call, email and fax these guys.

Dinner....Call, email, and fax these guys. ect.

superstevies
superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:Press Release from the 99ers Union- February 17, 2011
In the early morning hours, Rep. Barbara Lee did attempt to attach H.R. 589 to the Fiscal Year 2011 Continuing Budget Resolution. Yes, this was disallowed (it should be noted that this method is used and has
succeeded without objection in the past).


Does this mean that H.R.589 is dead… NO!

This was but one of many methods that are being used to move H.R.589 along. The bill is still alive and in Committee.

H.R.589 is still gaining support, and it is imperative that you continue to focus your efforts on those House Members that comprise the Rules Committee, The Ways and Means Committee, and Representatives Bohener and
Cantor. It goes without saying that you should continue to reach out to your House Representatives.


I have again been asked to pass along the message that your appreciation for those in support of
H.R. 589 is recognized, but that there is no need to call and thank those already on board. It is preferred that you focus your attention and efforts upon those who are net yet supporting this bill.


Rep. Lee and others in the House are still fighting hard to legislate H.R. 589 and so should each of you.
DO NOT become discouraged based upon rumor, opinion, or the words of individuals who do not have direct dialogue with those directly involved in this process.


For additional and or updated information, please visit the American 99ers Union website.


http://www.american99ersunion.com/

Update: February 21, 2011


Update from the 99er's Union
February 21, 2011

The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed legislation to cut $60-billion plus from hundreds of federal programs early Saturday. The measure faces a great deal of oppositon in the Democratic-controlled Senate. In addition to contacting those House members already provided, we suggest contacting your Senators and requesting that any compromises made on this legislation, must include the passage of H.R.589.


Contact your Senators!


www.senate.gov

***Update March 7, 2011:***
There are now 73 co-sponsors for HR 589!

Many members have commented on Rep. Lee's track record on past legislative proposals. Please do not take that into consideration. This is now. Her strategy has a reason that we are not privy to. Take a look at the number of co-sponsors and who they are. They have a voice also in getting this bill passed.

Please remain positive and focus on contacting members of Congress who have not signed on to HR 589. The more co-sponsors, the better!



Important contact information for HR 589 - Make your voices heard!


http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/ John Boehner, Speaker of the House
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/ Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader
http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
www.House.gov
www.senate.gov
www.whitehouse.gov
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/Contact/

Contact David Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee at:


http://camp.house.gov/Contact/

You can use the following cities and zip codes:

Traverse City, MI 49684 - 2299 (If address is needed: 121 East Front St.)

Midland, MI 48640 -5105 (If address is needed: 135 Ashman St.)

See this thread for the current list of HR 589 Co-sponsors:

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t181p60-99ers-need-your-help-today-tommorrow-and-until-hr589-is-passed#5276

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=112
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Use our Congress.org tool on the right side of the home page to find your US and Local legislators!

Make your voice heard - click on the Pop Vox widget and vote! Legislators and their aides use this tool to listen to what their constituents want!

The number of Co-sponsors is now at 73 - contact your Republican Reps and tell them to sign on!


We will not be forgotten again! Keep contacting today, tomorrow and until they bring it to the Floor!
589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by lennon5 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

This came in my email box today. Again it really doesn't help

Dear Friend:



Thank you for contacting me regarding the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011. I appreciate your thoughts on this matter and I welcome the opportunity to respond.



Our economic situation is challenging on many fronts. Middle class families are stressed and our financial institutions continue to struggle. In Congress, I have worked to create stability in the markets, opportunities for job creation, relief for homeowners and accountability and transparency in the use of taxpayers' money.



As you may know, H.R. 589, the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011, was introduced by Representative Barbara Lee of California on February 9, 2011. If passed by Congress and signed into law, this legislation would substantially increase the amount available for first-tier emergency unemployment compensation and authorize payment of second, third, and fourth-tier emergency unemployment compensation if distribution of first-tier compensation is delayed due to calculation changes required by this legislation. H.R. 589 was referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means, where it awaits further consideration.



You will be pleased to learn that I voted in favor of H.R. 4853, the Middle Class Tax Relief Act of 2010. This legislation helps 7 million Americans who are facing long-term unemployment through no fault of their own by extending unemployment benefits for an additional 13 months. H.R. 4583 passed the House of Representatives on December 17, 2010 and was signed into law by the President the same day.



Thank you again for contacting me and sharing your suggestions. I know this recession is affecting every one of my constituents, which is why addressing our economic situation will continue to be my top priority. If you need immediate assistance, please contact a caseworker in my office at (631) 951-2210.



Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so again on any matter of concern. You can also visit my website (http://house.gov/israel) to learn more about the issues important to you and to sign up for my e-mail updates.




Sincerely,

STEVE ISRAEL
Member of

lennon5
Member

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 pm

How vague can he be. He is telling us what we already know. lol!

Time they start giving straight answers. At least you got a response. I have not even received an acknowledgment from my Rep., despite the fact I email him every day.
Frustrated

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Maggie Mae on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

It seems to be just another stall tactic. They do not want any more UI weeks. What can we do?
Maggie Mae
Maggie Mae
Member

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 am

LMAO No negativity here. many has their hope's up!! so it go's!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 73

Back to top Go down

589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11** - Page 7 Empty Re: 589 the real story. **UPDATED 3/7/11**

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum