Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by nfpexec Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:54 pm

I have so little energy and its so hard to get motivated these days that i think its best to save my energy for something that might help me move forward. I am trying to shake off every disappointment and not dwell on them because I dont think its helping me and i need all the help i can get these days.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm right there with you. Tired, disappointed, dejected and rejected for what?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 am

Well it's 8am Monday morning and I'm already discouraged. I can't get on the state's work-force website and the ad's are the same on the other job search websites. I've put in 5 applications and have had 2 interviews with no offers.
I know that I haven't been unemployed for as long as most on this forum (entering my 7th week), but how do you guys cope?
Guess I'm having a case of the Monday's. Thanks for listening.

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:34 am

The lack of jobs is discouraging for all of us 462, you aren't alone and it's not just a case of the Mondays, it's everyday for some of us. But the alternative is to give up and give in and that's not an option for us.

Keep trying as we all do, it can get us down, but, jump on the forum and vent, it does help. UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks MaryKay, I did manage to shower, shave and eat breakfast so I accomplished something today LOL. I guess frustration is starting to set in a bit. I'm not ready to give up. If I keep applying, someone will screw up and hire me....

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm

462, don't laugh, that is just as important as spending the day searching for jobs to apply to. If we don't feel good, we don't approach things like job hunting as positively. I make sure I get everything out of the way first thing, exercise, straighten up, shower and dress, I know it sounds silly, but if I give in and flop, my attitude stinks for the rest of the day. I have to admit, there are days I make myself do it, but I do it. Every other week, I take a day and just flop, read, watch tv, connect with friends or relatives and then back to the grind the next day. Sometimes you have to tune out too, turn off the news. That helps too.

And, they won't be screwing up if they hire you. Right now, it's luck of the draw. Look at Ford in Kentucky. So many applicants they are using a lottery system???!!! I would think in mfg. it would behove them to hire the most qualified, but then that would mean they would actually have to interview all the applicants and do a little work to see who is the best fit. And, sadly, that makes to much sense. It's not you they aren't hiring, it's whoever had the lucky number or the lucky person whose resume landed on top of the pile when they started calling people for interviews. Hang in there. Something is going to happen for all of us, I just know it. (Pollyanna lives)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 pm

With Ford, I would they would bring back the one's they laid off first then hired others?

I thought that as well.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 pm

MaryKay wrote:462, don't laugh, that is just as important as spending the day searching for jobs to apply to. If we don't feel good, we don't approach things like job hunting as positively. I make sure I get everything out of the way first thing, exercise, straighten up, shower and dress, I know it sounds silly, but if I give in and flop, my attitude stinks for the rest of the day. I have to admit, there are days I make myself do it, but I do it. Every other week, I take a day and just flop, read, watch tv, connect with friends or relatives and then back to the grind the next day. Sometimes you have to tune out too, turn off the news. That helps too.

And, they won't be screwing up if they hire you. Right now, it's luck of the draw. Look at Ford in Kentucky. So many applicants they are using a lottery system???!!! I would think in mfg. it would behove them to hire the most qualified, but then that would mean they would actually have to interview all the applicants and do a little work to see who is the best fit. And, sadly, that makes to much sense. It's not you they aren't hiring, it's whoever had the lucky number or the lucky person whose resume landed on top of the pile when they started calling people for interviews. Hang in there. Something is going to happen for all of us, I just know it. (Pollyanna lives)

Just trying to lighten things up a bit. I have my daily routine and I realize how important it is to me. I've only been back in the civilian world for three years and things aren't that easy. I know the right job will come along at the right time, but it does take time and alot of rejection.
BTW, I have a picture of Curly from the Three Stooges hanging on my wall. He reminds me not to take myself too seriously...

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:38 pm

I just didn't want you thinking that way. You are obviously intelligent with a sense of humor, but it's tough right now and easy to get down on ourselves, just didn't want you to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Well 462 I hope you dont find yourself out here as long as I've been since i last worked Sept. 2008. Needless to say i've been thru all the emotions. My benefits ran out last year & I've been getting by with generosity of friend. In the beginning I thought this would be a short term thing not a new way of life. I've had to cut back on everything except essentials & sometimes I can't get those. I learned the difference between what I want & what I need. I consumed a lot of junk food to make myself feel better but for the last year I've tried to eat healthier.

Some days i'm ready to take on this task. I used to have a routine, but that has fallen way off. Seems the time I finally go to bed has been getting later & later. I'm up till 2 or 3 AM emailing resumes & still can't sleep when I go to bed holding out hope that at least ONE person will respond for an interview.

There are other days when I can't pry myself out of bed, the world seems dark & bleak & I want to pull the covers over my head. I used to feel bad about those days & beat myself up but now if I find I am having one of those unusally bad days & I can't or won't cope with life, then I dont. Sometimes I need to back away for a mental health day & vegetate. As long as I don't indulge in wallowing in self pity for more than a day or maybe two, then its ok. I've been through & I'm still going through hell & if i want to be a slacker to clear my head or be blissfully ignorant for that one day then so be it.

You will run the gamut of emotions. Its a rollercoast until the situation is resolved & anything you can or need to do to cope & survive, that's not self desturctive, is perfectly understandable. Try not to be too hard on yourself, there's a whole lotta people who are happy to beat up on us. If you can afford it, try to do something nice for yourself while you have the benefits to do it.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 am

Well my bad luck just keeps on going. My microwave oven died last night. I turned it on, it made a loud buzz, and nothing. I didn't smell anything burnt, but it's dead as a door knob. I can't complain too much, I've had it since the mid 90's so it guess it was it's time to go.

I'm kind of wondering if I want to replace it or not. It's not that I can't afford it, but I just don't need the additional expense right now. I use it on a daily basis so it's a necessity not a luxury item. This week is starting out real good. MAD

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Things just got a bit better. I bought a new microwave for 60 bucks, I thought it might be a couple of hundred. When I got home I had a message on my answering machine and I have an interview today for the city job I applied for on the 8th. UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 9 468390

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Good luck 462Tech. As for me, tired of hearing myself say the same thing over & over but thats because nothing changes. Up late into the night sending out resumes. No calls, no interviews, same positions reported over & over and the informal "dear candidate" rejection email. Jeeze cant they at least do a mail merge that inserts my name. Makes me feel even less significant than I already feel.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:00 pm

I would like to join in with that. Good luck 462 tech, I hope you get the job.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 am

Interview went well yesterday. Hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week. Interviewer said if he can't get me on permanent, I can be temporary until the end of September.

Hang in there nfpexec, something will present itself. I know that some parts of the country have been hit harder than others. I realize you're tired and beat down, but you have to pick yourself up, brush off the rejections and get back in the fight.

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

Great news 462. Please let us know.

nfpexec, you are not insignificant. I don't even get the rejection letter, just s i l e n c e. I know how you feel. Don't let them get you, then they win.

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am

MaryKay wrote: Great news 462. Please let us know.

nfpexec, you are not insignificant. I don't even get the rejection letter, just s i l e n c e. I know how you feel. Don't let them get you, then they win.

Thanks MaryKay, I'll keep everyone in the loop. BTW I don't get rejection letters either, just cricket chirps.

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Another day another rejection:

Thank you for forwarding your information to Wellspring Consulting. We appreciate your interest in our firm. Though your resume is impressive, I regret that we are unable to offer you an interview. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

This week I am reaching a breaking point. I have no money, no choices, no hope I CANT TAKE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Good luck 462, most City jobs are on freeze or in layoffs here in AZ, this includes policemen and firemen or firewomen and police women. Wanted to make sure I was politically correct on that statement. Too many woman in some of little towns losing their jobs as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Wow i was cautiously optimistic after reading some posts that some people were able to get temporary employment, which i would sell my soul for at this point. I found a listing that was perfect for my background and lasted 8 weeks, which would (hopefully) give me time to find something else and pay the bills. Sadly this morning I got an email stating they were no longer reviewing resumes. It was posted Monday, I found it last night and they were probably inundated with resumes so again greatly disappointed, but my friend said keep trying and that's what i'm doing.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:00 pm

nfpexec wrote:Wow i was cautiously optimistic after reading some posts that some people were able to get temporary employment, which i would sell my soul for at this point. I found a listing that was perfect for my background and lasted 8 weeks, which would (hopefully) give me time to find something else and pay the bills. Sadly this morning I got an email stating they were no longer reviewing resumes. It was posted Monday, I found it last night and they were probably inundated with resumes so again greatly disappointed, but my friend said keep trying and that's what i'm doing.

Sorry to hear about that, but all any of us can is to keep trying.

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 pm

We are nothing if not stubborn. Try and try again is our motto.
Sorry it didn't work out nfpexec. I am praying for you and for all our members. Hang in.

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:38 am

Except for the interview on Tuesday nothing else has happened this week. I haven't heard back from the city yet, will follow up next Tuesday. The job is supposed to close today. Nothing from the warehouse job I applied for last Sunday.

I've been noticing a trend lately. I get no calls or interviews on Monday or Friday has anyone else experienced this? My opinion is on Friday people are thinking about the weekend and on Monday they're recovering from the weekend. Any thoughts?

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:04 am

Dry for me this past week as well...
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 pm

462Tech wrote:Except for the interview on Tuesday nothing else has happened this week. I haven't heard back from the city yet, will follow up next Tuesday. The job is supposed to close today. Nothing from the warehouse job I applied for last Sunday.

I've been noticing a trend lately. I get no calls or interviews on Monday or Friday has anyone else experienced this? My opinion is on Friday people are thinking about the weekend and on Monday they're recovering from the weekend. Any thoughts?

I think that's mostly true, and also the whole week before a holiday. Must be nice to have no sense of urgency.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next