Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by hello Tue May 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Thats a phishing scam. I get those all the time.

hello

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 pm

hello wrote:Thats a phishing scam. I get those all the time.
I know, but that is all there is around here. Don't care what they say, there are NO jobs!!!

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 806957

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Oh, yeah I get those a lot too. Didn't realize you were being sarcastic.
You know what gets to me? Where I live, it costs 25 dollars to post a job ad. So these scammers who post job ads pay 25 dollars to post their scam job. Which can only mean they make money off of unsuspecting desperate people who are looking for work. Did not even see these kind of scams before. Probably a new industry because these guys keep better tally of how many people are unemployed and desperate in America.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue May 31, 2011 4:28 pm

I dont get it. A job that I see an ad in the paper every week keeps telling me the position is filled. Then why keep posting an ad in the paper every week? this has been going on for a couple of months and I call everyother week.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Same here, Hunter. I just got a call from a recruiter who saw my resume on Career Builder. I didn't apply for the job - I try to stay away from those agencies. All the jobs they have are "temp to hire", usually temp for 90 days and then they say they will hire you. They don't. It is a way to get out of paying employee benefits. These places stock pile the applications and resumes so they can be ready to ship in the next crew when the 90 days are up. That's why you see the same job posted all the time. One of the new "trends" in hiring these days because they know people are so desperate. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm

I can only verify that the situation of NO JOBS to even apply for exists in the Midwest major league!! Waiting

MORE and more layoffs from hospitals to factories and just temp/contract work for $8.00 hour! What a hoax... No

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Got an unexpected job interview yesterday, just called out of the blue after submitted the app some time ago. Only part time (only 12 hours Rolling Eyes , and the interviewer said he has 394 applicants. Not hopeful, but as I told him better than nothing. Would like, not love it, would be working for a regional hardware store chain. Still waiting for my REAL job though, after not being able to get one since 2007 (last job was retail wage slave for only part time minimum wage lost a year ago).
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Took my resume off all career sites as got so many scam offers.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Just got back from being interviewed by two twelve year olds that kept talking about their mothers. Guess I won't be getting that job. I am so old-38 and already filling age discrimination. Wow 38 and already thrown away by the world. It must be much much much worse for older workers. Oh by the way, I am extremely qualified for the job I interviewed for but what difference does that make??? Spent a bundle on gas to get there too-I am soooo disgusted.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Not much in the job hunting this week and definately no interviews.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Sorry to hear about that americatheneedy but i know how it is to be interviewed by these wet behind the ears kids. Fortunately back when I was 38, I didn't have much trouble finding work. It was the 90s after all, but you're right about older workers. Try looking at 51! You're persona non grata.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Wow I thought they were going to ask me to sign a note so they could go back to work. UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 6 318754
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:01 pm

America you have a great personality, that is really a funny comment. Made me laugh, and I needed that today.

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Thanks disgustedwithgovt.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:51 pm

americatheneedy wrote:Just got back from being interviewed by two twelve year olds that kept talking about their mothers. Guess I won't be getting that job. I am so old-38 and already filling age discrimination. Wow 38 and already thrown away by the world. It must be much much much worse for older workers. Oh by the way, I am extremely qualified for the job I interviewed for but what difference does that make??? Spent a bundle on gas to get there too-I am soooo disgusted.

If one more employer tells me in no uncertain terms I am too old I will scream. I've had a few that said I couldn't possibly keep up with trends. What trends? I play Wii and own 2 iPods, I listen to hip groups like the Arcade Fire and own shows like the Simpsons and South Park on DVD.

I had an interview for a job that sounds like two unrelated jobs combined. Part of the job involves designing training programs to educate people about violence against women and speaking to kids about this. Ok, this part sounds fine but then they mention you also have to be on call (how often they didn't mention)to answer crisis calls as well as to go to the hospital if needed. One of the towns I may need to speak in is a town known for it's high crime rate. All of this for $12 hour and no benefits. They didn't even mention if I would be paid for working the crisis center and going to the hospital and for all I know that could be volunteer. Not just that but I would have to go to a town about 200 miles away and spend a week training for this $12 hour no benefits jobs.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:03 pm

That's that twelve dollar an hour job you were talking about last week?? Take it they haven't let you know anything. Sounds like they want you to wear out your car. Can't keep up with trends my a**. They haven't let me know anything either which I guess means I didn't get it. I am so sick of feeling old at 38. Trends??? This country has lost its mind. People are living way past 70 on average and into their 90s sometimes. We are just going toss people aside in their 30s?? Time for age discrimination to start getting enforced big time.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:09 pm

No, they didn't make that comment, I was just thinking of a previous interview where the guy said I can't keep up with trends. Actually, this interview (I went on it Friday) was pretty casual and not like many I've gone on where I felt I was being interrogated. I discussed this job with my parents and though they know I am desperate they think it sounds awful. Then again they have others to interview so I may not get a call back.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:02 am

It is interesting to me that you 30 somethings, no slam intended here, are having these same issues as those of us in our 50's. I also wonder, who is getting hired, because I know of friends that have kids right of HS or even junior college with nothing even to apply for. Is it only the very young educated with a masters, like 25? I don't think it can be certain minorities either. Is this just another lie, and the jobs just never actually get filled?

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:24 am

The ones I know getting jobs are right out of four year colleges. One graduated with a 2.1 and the other a 2.3 and both got jobs in their field. Both are also white males and I suspect that makes a big difference.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Disgusted that is a good question. We are just in our 30's but being treated like we are dried up, so if we were in our 50's it must be 200 times worse. Young straight out of school??? Maybe they just interview just in case someone quits or something.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 am

I sent out resumes last night around 2 Am, the usual sleepless night, and today I got an email saying they had rec'd my resume and would start reviewing them in AUGUST. What???? I need a job now not 2 months from now.

Yesterday I got a call about an "interview." The person left a name and contact number but no information about where they were calling from. Instead of calling them back I googled the number. It didn't come up with any legit company, so I called the number around 1 AM and got th person's voice mail, but still no indication of where he was calling from. I went to the dentist today about having work done that I can't pay for and he left a message again. So I called when I got home and finally reached him. Oh I forgot, I called him back before going to the dentist and left a message asking him where he was calling from. When he left a message for me, he still managed to ignore that request and even when I spoke directly to him, he wouldn't give the name of the company. All he said is that it's in brooklyn and its for an account manager. Does any of this strike you as odd as it does me?
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 am

That sounds like a scam. I've gotten quite a few. One place called on my cell, which I only use when I place Craigslist ads and it's on my website. The guy sounded drunk and didn't say why he was calling so I never called back.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:13 am

Up late are we ladies??
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:38 pm

very dry week for me. And I guess 589 is a no go.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:45 am

Very dry week for me too. I still haven't heard back from the other job and really don't want it. Too many questions, such as I suspect part of the job entails volunteer which I don't want to do.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next