Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by mistermunster Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:09 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:For the above conversation regarding the safety of the people participating in the Occupy Movement, please remember these two words:

Kent State

I was thinking the same. It happened once....it can happen again. And lots of cops (on the edge) do become overanxious during tense situations and THEY have the guns, the badge and AUTHORITY. It takes just one for an incident to turn into a BAD day for everybody. It's happened before, it will happen again. I remember San Diego police a few years back, shot dead a homeless man (with mental problems) for being on the street waving a stick. Situation could have been dealt with differently. Afterwards they adopted NON lethal measures but STILL overuse OR abuse of FORCE is ALWAYS possible at any time.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:16 pm

mistermunster wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:For the above conversation regarding the safety of the people participating in the Occupy Movement, please remember these two words:

Kent State

I was thinking the same. It happened once....it can happen again. And lots of cops (on the edge) do become overanxious during tense situations and THEY have the guns, the badge and AUTHORITY. It takes just one for an incident to turn into a BAD day for everybody. It's happened before, it will happen again. I remember San Diego police a few years back, shot dead a homeless man (with mental problems) for being on the street waving a stick. Situation could have been dealt with differently. Afterwards they adopted NON lethal measures but STILL overuse OR abuse of FORCE is ALWAYS possible at any time.
Did you see the video getthem posted in this thread? That action was totally uncalled for!

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:51 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
mistermunster wrote:

Kent State

Did you see the video getthem posted in this thread? That action was totally uncalled for!

Yeah, This will get worst. More Cops will start flying off the handle more and more as this progresses.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Wall Street protests go global; riots in Rome

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/15/us-protests-idUSTRE79E0FC20111015

Europeans KNOW how to protest Very Happy , this is spreading all over the Globe. Funny thing the Corporates are trying to IGNORE it. Their days are numbered and they don't know it.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:15 pm

I live near a college town not far from the city about 90 miles. They occupied New Paltz chase bank. All the leaf peepers from the city are pissed the roads are occupied on the main strip.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 pm

NYPD is starting to get rowdy again. pushing and shoving etc again

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:40 am

The incidents need to be fully documented, before, during, and after because the dirtbags at Fox News simply say, "Oh, but the footage doesn't show the events leading up to it!". This is what happened when those poor girls were sprayed with mace at the start of the movement a few weeks ago.

Organizations like Fox will try to spread as much mis-information as they can in order to kill the movement and to save the lifestyles they currently enjoy.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 am

YourAnonNews Anonymous

Tommorrow #1017 close your bank accounts! #ows #occupyyourworld Credit Unions are for the people BY the people! More info coming soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:46 am

Bernie Sanders on Occupy Wall Street and Occupy Rutland (VT):

Occupy Wall Street Vermont This Week discussed the demonstrations after showing a clip of Sen. Sanders saying, "I hope these protests are the beginning of a mass mobilization of people which turns into a political effort which says that the government of the United States of America has got to be concerned about the needs of working families and the middle class and not just Wall Street and the big-money interests." http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/news/?id=82dd2ea4-d531-473d-9352-d203cb4051b0

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:56 pm

We need more Bernie Sanders. Even the Governor of Vermont is supporting this movement.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:00 pm

jmainframe wrote:

The incidents need to be fully documented, before, during, and after because the dirtbags at Fox News simply say, "Oh, but the footage doesn't show the events leading up to it!". This is what happened when those poor girls were sprayed with mace at the start of the movement a few weeks ago.

Organizations like Fox will try to spread as much mis-information as they can in order to kill the movement and to save the lifestyles they currently enjoy.

I just got around to watching this video. The thing that bothers me most is not that it happened but that it didn't start a riot. That white shirt should have been taken out. We are at war and we can't win a war without fighting back
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I just got around to watching this video. The thing that bothers me most is not that it happened but that it didn't start a riot. That white shirt should have been taken out. We are at war and we can't win a war without fighting back

Why fight back? So the propaganda machine can use it to hurt your cause? So the more uppity, self-important members of the police have justification for shooting you to death? It's quite clear the police are basically above the law in this country -- particularly when they're assaulting people the machine hates, like these particular protesters -- so you just gotta keep plugging away and deal with it peacefully.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 am

rainbrow123 I strongly agree. The protest is necessary, but the only way to really win people over who may still be on the line etc is to stay peaceful with great integrity.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:32 am

When this movement gets violent, people are going to back off and we all lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 pm

ranbrow123 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:I just got around to watching this video. The thing that bothers me most is not that it happened but that it didn't start a riot. That white shirt should have been taken out. We are at war and we can't win a war without fighting back

Why fight back? So the propaganda machine can use it to hurt your cause? So the more uppity, self-important members of the police have justification for shooting you to death? It's quite clear the police are basically above the law in this country -- particularly when they're assaulting people the machine hates, like these particular protesters -- so you just gotta keep plugging away and deal with it peacefully.

I understand your point but it will get to a stage where the police will tell people to disperse or be shot. The only option people will have is to fight or give up. If we give up we lose. If we consider fighting losing then we have already lost and might as well go back to our homes.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
ranbrow123 wrote:

I understand your point but it will get to a stage where the police will tell people to disperse or be shot. The only option people will have is to fight or give up. If we give up we lose. If we consider fighting losing then we have already lost and might as well go back to our homes.

There is very little reason to use deadly force in a situation like this. The non-lethal alternatives are mace, rubber bullets, and tasers.

This conversation is shaping into promotion of firearm use and violence unnecessarily.

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:06 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I understand your point but it will get to a stage where the police will tell people to disperse or be shot. The only option people will have is to fight or give up. If we give up we lose. If we consider fighting losing then we have already lost and might as well go back to our homes.

If you fight and they shoot, they can easily justify it. The way to "fight" is to stand your ground when the inevitable threatening begins, NOT to use violence.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 pm

“First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm

There is no reason to use violence. We are gaining much needed attention and in Phila. it's peaceful, well attended and stores, delis, restaurants and businesses are sending in donations of food, cleaning supplies, bottled water, drinks of all kinds (non-alcoholic), snacks, fruit and sleeping bags, blankets and large table umbrellas. The jobs march was not crazy, just peaceful, but well covered and well attended, although not enough 99ers. The Mayor and Police Commissioner have given 200 officers round the clock for our protection and the rules are to keep the place as clean as possible and not disturb or limit access to people going to work, we can't block entrances to buildings, subways or bus stops, all of which are on the grounds being occupied. No one in phila. has tried to obstruct. The bullhorns and megaphones are not used after 10pm and people stop by at all hours, I have not camped, but three nights I have been there until the early hours of the morning and no trouble. There are all kinds of issues involved here, property taxes and devaluing, banks, foreclosures, unemployment, jobs, wall street, education,fair taxation, arts, special education, womens health issues, education grants, training, you name it, no one wants to have only their agenda. It's amazing. People from Delaware and NJ are also there, as this location is closer for some than the rallies and occupations in their individual states and easier to get to if you don't own a car or drive.

My long winded point is, there is no reason and we gain nothing if we resort to violence to make our point. We are not thugs or criminals and don't need to act like them. We don't need to threaten violence. In cities where you are seeing the police actions threatening or hurting protesters, you can take it to the bank (hopefully a credit union), that the more coverage we get, the bigger the investigation will be into police unnecessary force or brutality. They are already talking about it on the morning shows and the national broadcasts all weekend.

Everyone needs to be careful and not put themselves in harms way. Truly, this message gets lost if any of the protests get violent or God forbid deadly. We can safely leave the "crosshairs" emails to the S. Palin's of the world and let them incite. The message has never been death to the wealthy, it's about morals and fairness for all people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 pm

lstjr, you found the quote I was looking for. Says it all. Sorry for the lengthy post above. This is so much better. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Update from Occupy Eugene, I just will copy and paste this from the other site I posted it on, this is about Saturdays march. Also heading down to the camp now and will be there till Thursday.

Not sure where to start all I can say is yesterday was unfrickin' believable! We stared with two hours of speeches, poetry and music at the Wayne Morse Free Speech Plaza in downtown Eugene then started our march with what EPD estimated to be 2000 people! It took over two hours from the time we started till everyone had finished the three mile march. The police were great at one point waiting to cross a street with three police on bikes close by we started chanting “Thank-you EPD, you deserve raises.” they smiled and gave us a “thumbs up” sign. We did however spot at least four SUVs with the tinted windows and several people inside driving around the downtown area but we got good picture (they're watching us and we're watching them) with license plate numbers that will go into our info booth.

After the march we started setting up camp with a kitchen, medical tent, child care area, info booth and media tent. The only “bad” thing was there was about 400 people who wanted to occupy and we only have room for about 200. So we're also doing the tag-teaming/tent sharing thing trying to have 200 people every night I stayed last night and in the future I will be there Monday thru Wednesday nights.

A new idea we're kicking around now is trying to do some kind of community outreach volunteer work to gain support because we won't be protesting 24/7. We're going to start contacting churches and see if they or some of their elder or disabled members need yard work or any other help, We're also going to contact local small businesses to see if they need any cleanup, painting, etc. done.
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 30765611
lstjr
lstjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:41 am

Wow pretty cool picture. Wish it was a nationwide representation.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 am

This is great. Thanks for posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

Jesse Jackson Occupies OWS Medical Tent, Saves it from Being Evicted by NYPD

A little after 11:25PM, there was a big commotion on the south side of Zuccotti Park as someone mic checked that the NYPD was moving into to remove the “medical tent” (tents are a violation of the park’s rules.). Occupy Wall Street protesters immediately locked arms and vowed to protect it. Out of nowhere, civil rights activist Jesse Jackson swooped in and briefly spoke face to face with the NYPD as officers continued to amass on Cedar Street.

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 3 Jesse_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next