Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by ranbrow123 Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 am

The negative tone of a lot of those articles lead readers to misunderstand and despise the movement, creating people with a very vitriolic opinion of the members of the movement (I submit tristen's posts, specifically the tone of them, as evidence). Not to mention they jump all over the chance to catch the occupiers in any sort of "pants-down" situation and spread it around. Since most of the people causing problems in the occupation are likely plants, it stands to reason that they won't be missing much.

It's like, even if you support the movement, the tone of the articles just psychologically causes you to look down on the occupiers. These so-called "journalists" know that and instead of keeping a neutral point-of-view like a responsible journalist, they actively seek to exploit this flaw of the brain.

The opinion pieces: well, that's just figurative acid spit in the face of the protesters. Nothing else about it.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 am

There will always be nay-sayers, don't lose heart. The Occupy Movement is not losing strength. Certain areas are experiencing problems, many, many are not. They remain a thorn in the side of many, mainly due to the exposure of wrongs that need to be righted. This movement is bringing to focus where it needs to be. It's not just spotlighting one cause, but many. Each week they take a different issue and march for it. It won't clear out all the problems one a month, it will keep focusing on areas that are problems, joblessness, high health insurance, money in politics, no benefits, homelessness, big bank frauds, money on wall street, poverty, inequality. I hope the protesters stay safe and this does not become increasingly violent everywhere. I applaud them, I am a volunteer in occupyphilly, but I can't camp out and stay the course, I also want us on this forum to focus on what we do best and fight for our rights as unemployed Americans and 99ers.

The best thing we can say for those who nay-say, they just don't get it, eventually they will, when inequalties in all systems are righted and they themselves benefit from the work the occupy movements are exposing, they will get it. Then, they can eat crow.

Don't lose heart. We are gaining strength for many causes. Fear is a big driver for many nay-sayers. Class warfare is what those that despise the movement rant against. Class warfare is what started this and many politicians felt the American people would continue to remain silent in the face of it. They are not. Now, like the unemployed, they are to be vilified. More and more, people are seeing through this. Not to worry, equality is coming. It won't be next week, but one thing we can all do to insure it happens, VOTE. Don't stand for the status quo, VOTE your conscience, VOTE your heart and VOTE with intelligence not anger. Last November showed us all exactly what happens when you VOTE IN ANGER. This is not a stab at Republicans, it's a fact, that many voted in ANGER, they liked what they heard. Now one year later, we have no JOBS, NO JOBS BILL, NO BENEFITS FOR THE 99ERS, NO EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT, NO INFRASTRUCTURE BANK, A DOWNGRADE FROM AAA and GRIDLOCK NOT SEEN IN ANY PREVIOUS CONGRESS EVER. Promises were broken, you can't get them to talk about jobs unless they talk about slashing benefits and taxes. In addition to what has NOT been done, we are voting again, to repeal ObamaCare, Gays in the Military, Abortion, Border Wars, Womens Health, Abolishing the EPA. All laws in existence they want repealed. In other words, a waste of our taxpayer dime. Many of which, by the way would need to be overturned by the Supreme Court, not a candidates promis. Time for us all to study voting records, look at what is important to us, what needs to be addressed. We need the power grids across American looked at, fixed and updated far more than we need a useless fence in Arizona, which will never work. We need commercial buildings, bridges, roads and highways updated, made more energy efficient, enlarged and made safer. It will employ hundreds of thousands. If Arizona wants a fence, let them have a bond hearing and the people of Arizona vote on it, not the nation. Then they can sell bonds and get the money and employ the 2-3 thousand it would take to do it. It won't put everyone that is unemployed back to work. A countrywide infrastructure program and bond referendum will. Power, Roadways, Commercial Buildings, Banks, Schools, Bridges, Waterways, Bridges, Libraries and Railways, that will employ millions, yes, not all, but millions. It's a much better plan than continuing to allow Wall Street to cherrypick who wins and loses based on their picks of the day. That will never put us back to work.

We are one of the few countries in the world, powerful as we are, with no continuous railway systems. Why? I would rather purchase Railway infrastructure Bonds through a program than roll the dice on Wall Street. Because States don't want to foot the bill, that's why. Did anyone ever explore other avenues of paying for it? No. If the States have to kick in and the Federal government will only foot part of the bill, the States walk away. Yet, the unemployed continually are told to stop asking for a hand out. Isn't that what many States are doing in turning down highway projects, rail projects, bridge projects.

It's a fact in this country, that our public buildings, schools, libraries and many large bank buildings in the major cities are 20-25 years out of date from energy efficient lighting, heating and wiring. Schools have inefficient windows, heating systems, plumbing etc. These are millions of jobs just waiting. An infrastructure bank or bond program allows people to buy the bonds and get a payout, not tomorrow, but a payout. Instead of middle Americans getting yet another property tax hike, while the top 1% get twenty new loopholes, everyone has the opportunity to participate, as they did for many years, the States don't bear the full cost, the Feds don't bear the full cost. Instead we will hear about more Washington spending and wasting our money, our country is broke. We aren't really broke, we are really broken. It's always convenient to run for office and tell you everything that is wrong, a leader tell you how to fix it and how to go about fixing it. A leader doesn't say NO and then ask for money for his projects in his districts. A leader figures out a way to get the money from his district and if needed, then ask for help. It's always unpopular to ask for money in the district that elects you, it's easier to lay it all on the Feds, and then tell you how the Feds just print money we don't have.

So go and VOTE. If you are a 99er, you have a vote that is counted, even if we are no longer counted among the millions of unemployed.

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 pm

I received this just a bit ago from moveon. Thought I would share. It's very interesting.

http://front.moveon.org/scott-walkers-chicago-speech-taken-over-by-the-99/?rc=daily.share&id=32721-19132998-GvHt0ux

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 pm

I was about to just quit coming here after some of what I've been seeing on this thread, but ranbrow and especially MaryKay, you've made my day! Thank you, and:

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Applause1

Oh, and I did vote--just wish I could have voted in Ohio!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:13 am

I love that picture Joan!! lol

Oh, and please dont ever stop coming here...we love you and value your participation! I love you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 780423 Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 769716

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am

Sick & Tired wrote:I love that picture Joan!! lol

Oh, and please dont ever stop coming here...we love you and value your participation! I love you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 780423 Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 769716

Oh Joan, don't leave me now! We've only just begun!

Haven't I been good to you (mostly Very Happy )? - stop before you break my heart! If it takes just another of my songs to keep you 'round, then here it is...
https://youtu.be/iDPjYZxi0n8

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Kissin10

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Don't leave Joan, I'll miss you and the sock monkey

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Doh! I should have known better than to give youThe Lips!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Yep, I don't know about Tristen but the lips sealed the deal for me - so you can run but you cannot hide!

Neither can your sock monkey Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Not sure if you all are aware, zuccotti park was cleared out last night. there was a media blackout during the ordeal and Im just seeing stories about it now. Apparently the MSM was told not to enter the air space above the park during the eviction. There is still a lot of info to gather.

There was a court order issued to Bloomberg to reopen the park and let protesters back in with tents but he has yet to comply. The order was issued hours ago.

Here is one link I managed to get from twitter
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/nyregion/police-begin-clearing-zuccotti-park-of-protesters.html?_r=1&hp

Apparently it got pretty nasty and 200 arrests were made. I hope it returns to peaceful protest. Pray for these people and the police.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:35 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/nov/15/occupy-wall-street-zuccotti-eviction-live#block-6

There's more evidence of a political backlash on the city council against mayor Michael Bloomberg's actions today. The City Comptroller John C Liu has issued this statement:

"Going in and forcibly removing the protestors in the dead of night sends the wrong message. City Hall should have continued to talk with the protestors in the light of day if it wanted them removed, instead of evicting them in the middle of the night. There seems to be no compelling reason for this action at this time. The protestors have a right to be heard."

12.52pm: We reported earlier today on the complains that journalists have been obstructed in reporting the eviction and aftermath. A number have been arrested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 8 Occupy14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:40 pm

LOL always contradicting themselves arent they? Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Feyth Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:31 am

Not sure if everyone caught this one:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/nov/25/shocking-truth-about-crackdown-occupy?INTCMP=SRCH

"DHS is answerable up a chain of command: first, to New York [Republican] Representative Peter King, head of the House homeland security subcommittee"

My hope is that those who support OWS recoginize the familiar "divide and conquer" tactic. The real opposition is purposely trying to wedge a divide between protestors and police.

Feyth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Feyth wrote:Not sure if everyone caught this one:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/nov/25/shocking-truth-about-crackdown-occupy?INTCMP=SRCH

"DHS is answerable up a chain of command: first, to New York [Republican] Representative Peter King, head of the House homeland security subcommittee"

My hope is that those who support OWS recoginize the familiar "divide and conquer" tactic. The real opposition is purposely trying to wedge a divide between protestors and police.

Nice to see you feyth, how are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:33 pm

New Bold Statement for Occupy - in 25 states people are occupying foreclosed homes. Didn't hear much about it yet. Seems people are claiming back their homes, I don't know yet whether or not other Occupiers are just claiming anybody's home. Check CNN. Gotta love it.[u]
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Well thats better then all the other BS they've been doing and saying. I wish them luck

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

Ditto.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Pretty invigorating protest going on at Eric Cantors fund raiser in DC!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/occupybosryan#utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=9866492&utm_medium=social

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Im so excited about this!!! I really wish I could be there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next