Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:45 pm

protesters are booing and chanting as prospective donors enter the building

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 562135

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 9 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by tristen303 Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:37 pm

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 pm

What a difference about 50 miles makes! While they are bulldozing "Occupy Boston", Governor Chaffee of RI is allowing the PVD Occupiers to protest on the State House lawn tonight, accompanied by the Providence Police! This is one time I can actually say I am proud to be from the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations!!

400 to 500 'Occupiers' descend on State House
http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2011/12/400-to-500-occu.html#.TuPW-1b4JhU

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

I stayed up late last night and the night before on the OccupyBostion live feed, watching and chatting. When I went to bed last night at around 12am all was calm, woke up to get ready for work at 5am turned on livestreat and saw the OBraid. BPD were supposed to evict on thursday night but ended up backing down after the crowd of protesters swelled to about 2k...it was intense! Lots of spirit! the next day most of that crowd went home and in the wee hours of the morning 200-300 cops showed up and started targeting media, medics, and arrested a live stream operater as well as protesters. I was very sad to see it end. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Good news! OccupyBoston has regrouped and moved to boston common for a GA meeting!

Watch livestream and hear accounts of what took place during raid. 35 protesters were arrested, including one that is charged with...get ready...PROTESTING! Yup! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 pm

How do you get charged for protesting?

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:29 pm

I was wondering that myself tristen! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Occupytheport in progress on the west coast!! Est. 1k occupyoakland protesters have successfully shut down the port!!

http://www.ustream.tv/occupyoakland#utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=9636787&utm_medium=social

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Occupy is planning a big protest in Washington on January 17th, "Occupy Congress". Protesters from all over the country plan on attending. there is talk that this will be the biggest protest yet for occupy.
Here is a link providing transportation info if you're interested in attending.
http://www.occupyyourcongress.info/transportation/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:20 pm

That's great! It's refreshing to see people standing up to these politicians who have way too much power!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:41 pm

They should do the foreclosure protest to really help people this anti global corp. crap is BS. How much have they cost the cities they are protesting in? They are passing their BS to the 99% they claim to represent.
Shutting down a port hmmmmm or stopping a foreclosure hmmm which one is for the people and which one is just global anarchist BS….pretty obvious?
Everyone has their number it's time they start representing American's who could use their help (the 99ers) as oposed to this crap

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Good point, tristen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:25 pm

they did start doing foreclosure protests!!! A bunch of them were just arrested recently during one of them. They moved some people back into their homes and occupied the homes...I'll see if I can dig up an article about it. I read that they are planning on doing a lot more of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Here is a recent article about "OccupyForeclosures"

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/liveblog/oakland-dec-30-2011-1704

Fourteen campers were cited and released and arrested one other at the empty lot that police say was raided after a complaint by the owner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:57 pm

I also read a few weeks ago that Occupy helped save a police mans home from being foreclosed. Ill look for that article.

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 am

Know I have seen them doing some of that, but they need to focus on that; the loss of homes caused by Wall Street and the long term UE. Those two issues would make them champions as opposed to making them fall into just another stereotypical protest group.

The above issues are American issues and just like the troops fighting in Afghan (nobody even pays attention to our losses now, its white noise) they risk in becoming the same (along with the 99ers).

Look the long term UE is much more of an issue then I think some even on this board understand. Our economy has shifted and an older segment of our population which paid taxes played by the rules and due to no fault of their own are now ass out; those jobs are not coming back. So what do we do retrain them at what 50?

This is a moral issue, not just for them but for the younger generation as well as for Wall Street.

If you get into a car accident and it’s your fault you pay for it, if you make milk and whether by your actions or no fault of your own it becomes contaminated and consumers get sick you do what? get sued and pay out. So if you create artificial wealth that transfers to one group and destroys an industry and its workers you do what? Nothing and let the government pay out?

Let my conservative roots come out because this isn’t a government problem this is a private industry problem and if everyone doesn’t hold them accountable (the global thing isn’t’ holding them accountable) then the future generations can just see what good things for them are sure to come.

This is a line in the sand and compensation needs to be provided from the private industries that contaminated the milk that the long term UE drank.

If you have any pull with the Occupy group I implore you to promote the above and have them dismiss the silly crap they are doing before it’s too late for everyone

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 pm

tristen303 wrote:Know I have seen them doing some of that, but they need to focus on that; the loss of homes caused by Wall Street and the long term UE. Those two issues would make them champions as opposed to making them fall into just another stereotypical protest group.

The above issues are American issues and just like the troops fighting in Afghan (nobody even pays attention to our losses now, its white noise) they risk in becoming the same (along with the 99ers).

Look the long term UE is much more of an issue then I think some even on this board understand. Our economy has shifted and an older segment of our population which paid taxes played by the rules and due to no fault of their own are now ass out; those jobs are not coming back. So what do we do retrain them at what 50?

This is a moral issue, not just for them but for the younger generation as well as for Wall Street.

If you get into a car accident and it’s your fault you pay for it, if you make milk and whether by your actions or no fault of your own it becomes contaminated and consumers get sick you do what? get sued and pay out. So if you create artificial wealth that transfers to one group and destroys an industry and its workers you do what? Nothing and let the government pay out?

Let my conservative roots come out because this isn’t a government problem this is a private industry problem and if everyone doesn’t hold them accountable (the global thing isn’t’ holding them accountable) then the future generations can just see what good things for them are sure to come.

This is a line in the sand and compensation needs to be provided from the private industries that contaminated the milk that the long term UE drank.

If you have any pull with the Occupy group I implore you to promote the above and have them dismiss the silly crap they are doing before it’s too late for everyone

I agree with you Tristen, it is definitely a moral issue and those responsible should be held accountable. These corporation have too much power over Washington and over society. They control everything.

I too hope occupy does more of this. I have just started a few new relationships on twitter with a few of the more active protesters. Im hoping to gain more than just a twitter relationship with them in hopes to get to discuss this further. The feeling I get is that they feel the same way as we do, but I don't know why they haven't focused more on it. Long term unemployment is a much bigger problem on much wider scope than any one realizes.

I do think that government is partially responsible for this mess though, they should be made to pay for it with their jobs. They should no longer be able to manipulate the system to benefit themselves. That is exactly what they have been doing, both republicans and democrats in congress are guilty. We need to cleanse the government of these parasites. I know there are some good ones but not enough to do the job. Its scary though, who can we really trust? Dems say they want whats best for us, but have accomplished nothing significant as far as unemployment goes. Reps say they know whats best for us, yet accomplished nothing nor do they pretend to care about us.

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:43 pm

after the great crash of 1929, many reforms were put into place which kept a watch on the financial market...all or most of those were taken apart and we had another few messes....prices are driven up and paper wealth is created, and the bakers take large chunks...the world banks are the problem along with fractional reserve banking (the gold standard is irrevelent)

Some Founding Fathers were strongly opposed to the formation of a central banking system; the fact that England tried to place the colonies under the monetary control of the Bank of England was seen by many as the 'last straw' of English oppression and that it led directly to the American Revolutionary War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_central_banking_in_the_United_States

there was much paper wealth generated (as opposed to REAL wealth)...
I have heard an interesting proposal that some of this inflated housing value could or should be just wiped out..intersesting proposal....

the totaly free market people ala Ayn Rand dont even wish to have fraud laws and such in existence they beieve the market will account for it...

the government is the ONLY way to lets say keep busines honest....
banking has not been reformed in the least since the meltdown....

but i agree that perhaps the Occupy movement would do very well to focus on foreclosure for now....

an interesting asside to this tidbit is congresswoman Marcy Kaptur of Ohio has had her district re-disigned and now Dennis Kucinich and her are going to run against each other eliminating one....

Thats one "champion of the little people" who will lose their seat...

so the BIG powers are eliminating the voice of the little people, and yes that is a republican move, to redistrict, that is....

Marcy Kaptur has said on the floor of congress that people should NOT vacate
their houses untill the bank can produce the original note....(another scandel in itself)
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 am

Great post but redistricting is a tactic both sides use (the Dems are just as guilty)....whether right or wrong.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:25 am

i know both parties re-district, but i couldn't resist the little jab at the republicans who currently control the house.

I was watching one of the news talk shows and the comentator ( a seasoned veteran) suggested that just for the sake of arguement lets say 25% of the GDP goes to the government in one wayor another..

The american people would not stand for cutting some things out, say the military, social security, etc, so maybe we could reduce federal expendature to 20% of GDP (maybe cut the military by a quarter, or some such thing)

The thing is we as adults comprimise, we do NOT demand all or nothing
as the rightwing tea-partiers are doing....

The Occupy movement should stick to doable things, focusing on foeclosure and maybe HOW the financial people use smoke and mirrors to manipulte paper profits at the expense of us all is a pretty big step in the correct direction...

Even though the banks run the world, it is/would be too much of a risk going off on that tangent for most people, just as Ron Paul is too much for the Republican establishment....

There have been protests throughout the world for years whenever the
leaders of the G10, or G20 or whenever the leaders of the richest countries of the world meet....the major media NEVER covers them.

There has been no reform of the banking industry under Obama as BOTH parties recieve vast sums of money from the financial system...

but it can start somewhere, with awareness through the foreclosures and of course the concurrent unemployment situation...

Pointing fingers at which party did what is not as important as people becoming aware of how the world really operates...

In my opinion it is run by money plain and simple

we wont even go into the derivatives market and the house of cards that probably is, i dont know that much about derivatives but they are supposedly valued at over 10 times the amount of wealth there is everywhere....something smells fishy there, especially when one can convert that "paper" wealth to real wealth...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:24 pm

The Rumors About Bill Clinton Are True...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shahgilani/2011/12/06/the-rumors-about-bill-clinton-are-true/

Rumor number three took several minutes to confirm.

That’s because even though the Honorable Mr. Clinton didn’t know who I was, he would hold up a long line of well-wishers to address, with passion, his vision of America through the eyes of the public, which is the way he likes to see his country.

“I think what they’re doing is great,” he said. “Occupy Wall Street has done more in the short time they’ve been out there than I’ve been able to do in more than the last eleven years trying to draw attention to some of the same problems we have to address,” he said.

Without once looking around, but completely engaging me, the statesman continued. “There are a lot of young people out there, I see a lot of unemployed students and they are upset, he said. They don’t know where the jobs and opportunities are for them, and they are worried about how they’re going to pay off their student loans without going broke.”

But I learned instantly that Bill Clinton doesn’t just acknowledge problems he has solutions at the ready. He went on to say that student loan reforms were absolutely necessary and that limiting annual loan payments to small percentages of income made sense to not impoverish students as they struggle up the ladder in pursuit of the American Dream.

I asked if the Occupy Wall Street movement should have a platform. I was getting into another area he is passionate about, delivering messages on point. “Yes,” he said, “But it doesn’t have to be a platform; it doesn’t have to be twenty pages. They should start with three or four points to generate a political movement to get heard more clearly.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9