Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

+19
americatheneedy
zphtar
tristen303
broketrucker
JoanB
wausauguy
ranbrow123
Kathleen
Falcon7
stillnutty
jmainframe
Jobless_in_Ma
mistermunster
TR11005
lstjr
lendmeflight2
KeeptheFaith
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
23 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we reported earlier, the city is coming in to clean Zuccotti Park tomorrow whether Occupy Wall Street likes it or not. (They don't). And now they're stepping up their response another notch: Ray Kelly told reporters that "People will have to remove all their belongings and leave the park." Not only that, they won't be allowed to bring back camping gear or even lie down, thus ending the sleeping part of the occupation. Things might get messy, since OWS shows no signs of giving in.

They've put out an "EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!" and are urging people to go to Zuccotti at 6 a.m. tomorrow for "non-violent eviction defense."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/10/occupy_wall_str_16.php

This is going to get nasty, any members participating in any city around the country, Please Stay Safe!

Get updates on Twitter - #OWS

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 31439310

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 pm

tristen303 wrote:look I'm sorry to everyone on here I'm just really sad it came to this I'm going to take a break and smoke some pot. This really meant a lot to me and not having it go violent.

Chill out my friend you know I care.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Re: Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 pm

tristen303 wrote:It doesn't matter getthem I feel stupid for believing that they were for the UE and long term UE I feel like a fool. I should have known better I’m not into the whole anti-globalization and all the other BS that took us off msg.
You don’t understand, I knew this was how it was going to end up, the party I left wanted this and hoped for it and got it. Now watch what happens, having been in Iraq I watched all kinds of protests even broke some up and the difference in being one that had relevance vs. being just an angry mob was focus and msg.
The UE situation and long term UE is noble and just, something all Americans could sympathize with. We got hijacked in my opinion and now it’s all screwed up and even supported by people on here who rather then fixing it are just as excited to have a revolution.
I saw a chance at real change, now the msg is lost and once again the sides are being drawn; I’m sick of it.

So I'm noticing this self-centered theme in your posts where if the protesters have a complaint that YOU don't agree with or YOU don't think we should be focusing on, that it's somehow inferior and going to screw up the movement. Is that accurate, or am I just misunderstanding you?

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:11 am

Friends, I am requesting that the posts made in this thread be realigned to the topic - News & Updates - not a cat fight and the ugly bickering that it has become.

I also need to provide a blanket warning to all involved - this bantering is to stop and it needs to stop now. Several of you are violating this Forum's basic rules of conduct and fair play, which can be found at http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1593-forum-rules-faq-and-code-of-conduct-for-all-members

Per the Member Rules of Conduct, I would like to call attention to the following violations by the individuals involved:

1. Cyber-Bully Warning: If you engage in harassment, intimidation or threaten another member of this community through a posted message, a forum topic or a personal message ... be aware that we will ban your forum access for life. We do not condone this kind of behavior and the offending member will be evicted from UFF.
2. Do not post any comment, content, links or images that abuse any Admin, Moderator or Registered Member of this website or community. If you do, you will be banned. Respect this community and everything associated with it.
3. Please, be civil when talking to each other. Remember, it's all about respect. You need to show respect in order to receive it.
4. Personal opinions are just that, personal opinions. If someone posts their opinion and you don't agree with it, even if it's a statement by somebody working in the media or for a media news station, don't banter with them about it on the forums, simply state your own view. We want to encourage more positive behavior and it's not necessary to stoop down to somebody Else's level in order to express your opinion.
5. Do NOT, under any circumstances, trash talk any person, another member or another website or forum. Be aware that you may be banned if you do.

From this post forward I would appreciate respect for each others views and the abidance to this Forum's rules. Otherwise I will have to start banning those that continue.

Come on everyone, why have we come to this point? It just causes unnecessary bad feelings and shines a poor spotlight on us as a group.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:39 pm

tristen303 wrote:http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/11/02/general-strike-protesters-shut-down-port-of-oakland/

Oakland PD please take the gloves off and teach these assclowns the lesson they deserve; they are not part of the protest but the source of the problem.

To my vet brothers in the movement you know who they are, take them out! Now the cowards we fought overseas are trying to gain an audience here, we know what to do brothers and sisters and it's time we do it; put the movement back on the right track or end it, they are losing the little respect they had at one time stop the anarchists.

Moved from "How to end the riots". Please read Tristen's post - originally posted today at 12:36 pm.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 pm

tristen303 wrote:It doesn't matter getthem I feel stupid for believing that they were for the UE and long term UE I feel like a fool. I should have known better I’m not into the whole anti-globalization and all the other BS that took us off msg.
You don’t understand, I knew this was how it was going to end up, the party I left wanted this and hoped for it and got it. Now watch what happens, having been in Iraq I watched all kinds of protests even broke some up and the difference in being one that had relevance vs. being just an angry mob was focus and msg.
The UE situation and long term UE is noble and just, something all Americans could sympathize with. We got hijacked in my opinion and now it’s all screwed up and even supported by people on here who rather then fixing it are just as excited to have a revolution.
I saw a chance at real change, now the msg is lost and once again the sides are being drawn; I’m sick of it.

I am just getting caught up. Are you ok? This is not like you? Well somewhat but you seem a bit lost?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

I am just getting caught up. Are you ok? This is not like you? Well somewhat but you seem a bit lost?
I know what he is saying, getthem. The same thoughts have crossed my mind lately. I kind of moved away from Occupy Providence when the disagreements began over a week ago. The dissension within the movement and the recent violence have been a deterrent to the whole purpose. As far as being "hijacked" - yes, the unemployment crisis is in the back of everyone minds now. How convenient! Just when benefits are about to expire!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 pm

And very seldom do I take sides, having to be without prejudice for this forum. I do not have prejudice in my blood - I only have prejudice for those that hold prejudice and for those who assume positions having prejudice which they cannot have.

I stand by Tristen and I stand by DIRI - but most have not seen the removed posts that have been referred to.

Let's get a grip.

I'm just speaking from the hip, but if you all want to practice what you so want in peace, then please respect each others viewpoints without hurting one another.

Candidly, I've been hurt and disappointed with the repertoire that has been dealt out here lately.

We're one - not "none".
We're us - not like them.
We'll stay true - and stick like glue.
We'll stay the course - and should not act like THEM.

We are YES - they are NO!

These are my thoughts. And now for 40 year+ band Yes (founder Jon Anderson, we miss your song),

https://youtu.be/VVBsjFqVQXE

It pays to patiently listen but while speaking there is no gain...

Contained in everything I do
There's a love, I feel for you
Proclaimed in everything I write
You're the light
Burning, brightly
Onward through the night
Onward through the night
Onward through the night of my life

Displayed in all the things I see
There's a love you show to me
Portrayed in all the things you say
You're the day
Leading the way
Onward through the night
Onward through the night

Onward through the night
Onward through the night

God bless and my hand on my heart to you.

Last edited by X on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Because reincarnation is a bitch)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Thread locked. Despite repeated intervention by Admins to keep this conversation civil, it has managed to go off track again.

No matter what our political views are, we are all in this together. No one should be attacking anyone for his/her opinion. Debate it on civil terms, don't lower it to personal attacks because you don't agree.

The divisiveness and attacks on each other, both here and within the whole occupy movement are tearing down anything that may have been gained.

Thread under review and may be unlocked at a later time. If so, please respect each other's point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am

Unlocked.

Please don't stop.

(Hey Tristen, sadly I think we are winning the 2:1 - let's go for some Bloomin' Onion) Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 pm

I feel like I have missed something in this thread...

As for the 2:1, why so negative? What have you read that I haven't?

Anyway, I lost that bet by default because I worded it poorly. Instead of saying "the movement won't end," I should have said "the movement won't end in X days/weeks/whatever." Eventually, the movement has to end, either in some negative way (giving up, violence, etc) or with the protesters getting their demands met.

Regardless, why so negative?

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:23 pm

ranbrow123 wrote:I feel like I have missed something in this thread...

As for the 2:1, why so negative? What have you read that I haven't?

Anyway, I lost that bet by default because I worded it poorly. Instead of saying "the movement won't end," I should have said "the movement won't end in X days/weeks/whatever." Eventually, the movement has to end, either in some negative way (giving up, violence, etc) or with the protesters getting their demands met.

Regardless, why so negative?

Hi ranbrow, don't know what you mean by "negative". Please let me know what I've said to give that impression.

I think it's a matter of being realistic. Anyways it's all good - "even steven" on the gamble.

Gotta run out and do some chores. Be back in a bit... Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:53 pm

X wrote:Hi ranbrow, don't know what you mean by "negative". Please let me know what I've said to give that impression.

I think it's a matter of being realistic. Anyways it's all good - "even steven" on the gamble.

Nah all I'm saying is from what I know, I feel the movement is going fine. Some bumps in the road for sure, the occasional trouble-maker all around, but in my mind that was to be expected. Just wondering if you saw something I didn't in the past couple of days to make you feel less optimistic about the movement's chances? Did a large group of protesters go violent or something? My opinion is that unless these protests start becoming violent, they may weaken over the winter months but they won't die completely, and if they do they will come back in the Spring.

Now I'm totally willing to admit that a lot of people in America don't yet know about, care about, or understand anything about the movement. I just don't think that hurts it as much as it may seem. It doesn't take a majority to be heard.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:This forum does Not advocate for violence. Going forward posts will be moderated and members warned.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you're addressing me or a previously deleted post I haven't seen, but just to be clear, I wasn't advocating violence and in fact think it would be a terrible idea.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

ranbrow123 wrote:
X wrote:Hi ranbrow, don't know what you mean by "negative". Please let me know what I've said to give that impression.

Nah all I'm saying is from what I know, I feel the movement is going fine. Some bumps in the road for sure, the occasional trouble-maker all around, but in my mind that was to be expected. Just wondering if you saw something I didn't in the past couple of days to make you feel less optimistic about the movement's chances? Did a large group of protesters go violent or something? My opinion is that unless these protests start becoming violent, they may weaken over the winter months but they won't die completely, and if they do they will come back in the Spring.

Now I'm totally willing to admit that a lot of people in America don't yet know about, care about, or understand anything about the movement. I just don't think that hurts it as much as it may seem. It doesn't take a majority to be heard.

Hi ranbrow,

Just back for a sec. Yes what you've said makes perfect sense. To be honest, I've been out of the loop myself on the movement. Perhaps someone can add here and provide their thoughts.

Need to step away for bit, but I'm glad you clarified things. I was worried!

Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:51 pm

I have been saying for years this was coming as I am sure others have as well. Here it is and it bothers me that the police have given "permission" for some of the protest to continue. Permission????? Talk to the hand I thought protest was a right not a privilege granted by the powers that be..
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:11 pm

I hear you, ATN! Hope others will contribute their thoughts on this. We certainly can't afford failure.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm

I'll take anything I can get X, as for the movement if any of the "movements" advocates on here want to get mad, get even, or just get back to reality (where the movement would have broad support), stop the "anti capitalism" crap and the "wall Street 1%" bs. Make the movement about the 99ers who got kicked to the curb and are out completely forgotten except for sound bites.

This is a UE site period and may I remind you that those of us who have not run out of benefits owe it to 99ers who came before us.
The 99ers got those of us still on UE where we are today (as well as those that got jobs before benefits ran out).
We need to remember and remind the “movement” that the 99ers are the true victims that everybody in American would support and understand. We need to force the “movement” to stop with this childish political crap and focus on the victims, the 99ers, all of them who through geographic location, industry or age discrimination are being forgotten.
Soon all benefits will run out and who will everybody be using as leverage for more benefits? The 99ers and if they should get benefit extensions the 99ers won’t get shit just sound bites and solidarity with the newly UE . Once the new UE gets benefits (using the plight of the 99ers) then it’s back to status quo.

To the idiots deciding what the “movements’” focus is this hour, you need to drop the drums and hippie crap and focus on the millions of Americans who paid taxes, invested and worked and are now UE, without benefits and have lost everything. Those are who the 99% percent will find solidarity with, those are who the mainstream media will support and do stories on, those are who the politicians will work for to effect true change and lastly the 99ers are what matters the rest of the “movements” political bs is just that and now ALL of America sees it.
The “movement” needs to change course back to reality and support America and Americans (not some global BS).
Benefits will end soon and now is the time to make the misguided movement what it should have been about from day one: my neighbor, your neighbor, your friend, my family member, anyone who either needs a job or a hand up (a UE extension while they fight over ideology is the common ground).
Like soldiers on the beach at D-day the 99ers gave their all believing, working through the proper channels and then giving up everything but their lives, waiting to be recognized, waiting for a dawn; Its time those of us who benefited from their plight fight for theirs now.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I agree with everything you said, Tristen, except the "hippie crap". That's like an insult to my generation and what we stood for. It is totally different than Occupy.

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 550579

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Sorry DRI no insult intended maybe if they had more of your generations goals and habits then they wouldn't be where they are at with protests.

IMO your generation was the first generation of true activists that effected everything so much and did so much good they should take notes.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Thanks, Tristen! Once again, I agree with your views on this movement.

Occupy Wall Street Global Movement News, Updates, and Your Thoughts - Page 7 148215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Tristen, without jeopardizing un-bias on my part, I just have to say I always look forward to hearing your good viewpoints. Very much so!

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 am

Tristen, I've taken the liberty of re-writing your post to be less offensive to show you that you can get your point across without being so polarizing. Tell me if I missed any major point you made in your original post (that doesn't involve calling people idiots and hippies, of course. That would defeat the whole point of the edit.)

I'll take anything I can get X. What I think this movement really needs to be focusing on is the 99ers who got kicked to the curb and are out completely forgotten except for sound bytes.

I feel the 99ers are the true victims that everybody in America would support and understand, hence we should focus on them and not the stuff that in my opinion is harder for most Americans to relate to. Unfortunately, it seems to me that this movement will also forget about the 99ers, and I'd really prefer it if that didn't happen. In fact, as I said before, I'd much prefer quite the opposite: the 99ers in the spotlight where they belong for all the crap they've been through.

Again, let me reiterate: Americans who paid taxes, invested and worked and are now unemployed without benefits and who have lost/are about to lose everything are who the 99% will find solidarity with. I also think mainstream media is more apt to support these Americans then the ones who are incredibly radical and proposing things like getting rid of capitalism.

I think it's time to make this movement what it should have been about from day one: my neighbor, your neighbor, your friend, my family member, anyone who either needs a job or a hand up.

Like soldiers on the beach at D-day, the 99ers gave their all believing, working through the proper channels and then giving up everything but their lives waiting. Waiting to be recognized, waiting for a dawn; It's time those of us who benefited from their plight fight for theirs now.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 pm

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204479504576637082965745362.html

I am not abundantly concerned with offending idiots that graffiti buildings, break windows, throw rocks and Molotov cocktails at police, stop work at ports and that turned a peaceful movement that should have always been about the long term UE and jobs into a talking points platform for some anti-capitalism, anti-global BS.

Also as a new Dem they make my party look bad; it’s time some adults take charge and bring back the activism of the 60’s (since they seem to be the only generation that gets anything done without violence) where the public supported them and they didn’t hide behind V masks and all manner of silly garb.

When your right and doing right your proud and don’t have to hide from police that alone should say it all.
Make it about the long term UE and the ending of UE benefits and lack of jobs. That is the problem, which is an American problem and should be the only problem anybody is focused on at this point. Effecting change on that issue will immediately help Americans across all classes and political ideologies as well as help turn the economy.

Everything should be about the 99ers and UE, nothing else (the students got their bailout).

All the kids need to go back to class and re read Howard Zinn they missed something.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Wow you mean the Wall Street Journal has bad things to say about a movement occupying Wall Street? Shocker.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

The Wall Street Journal and FAUX NEWS has the same owner. Why would you expect them to be Fair and Balance? This is pure propaganda!

Today, I received a call in Ohio to vote YES on issue 2. They claim the organizations supporting the NO Voters were lying. They said you need to vote YES for the children's future. Sounded convincing. This is the trash that the public is listening too. Check your source before you believe anything!

The problem with the article is too many will believe these lies! Same nonsense that the rich will create jobs with a low tax rate.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next