Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

+19
Nuwanda
MoInSTL
HelpNow
lizalphonso
Judi58
Redpossum
TomW
NY Lady
Carol in CA
Sunrise
TR11005
mrmarti
mistermunster
chopthis91
Woof
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
23 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 Empty Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Wow rgreen001...do you realize that if the reactor does meltdown that the radiation may very well end up in the US because of the prevailing west winds? You need to cool your jets before saying anything!!
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm

rgreen001 wrote:Let me state this . I care about human life and all mankind.
However, I care more about the United States.

I care less about Japan, China, etc and I am sure they give less than a
hoot about us. Here we go again trying to be the savior of the world when we dont even take care of our own. (Remember Katrina)? How about the Unemployed. Is it Politically correct to say this? Probably not but it is a fact.

We are so hypocritical!

What is happening in Japan is a disaster of epic proportions. We cant compare our situation to what this country is going through.

I can understand your frustration about how the US handles certain things and prioritizes things, I feel the same way, but lets not blame the Japanese for this.

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm

chopthis91 wrote:Wow rgreen001...do you realize that if the reactor does meltdown that the radiation may very well end up in the US because of the prevailing west winds? You need to cool your jets before saying anything!!

Just look at the LONG term effects of Atomic testing in the US, add to that Chernobyl spread lots of fallout in Europe. So we get radiation poisoning or die of advance cancer. NO THANKS. Hell I'll put money on someone in DC wringing their hands that it does happen, it will solve their surplus population problem down the road for them. (Had to throw that in)
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah MM..and think about those 2 atomic bombs we dropped on Japan in 1945. Does anyone really believe that radiation never came over to us? I don't. That's why cancer is so widespread in the country and world today. Humans are smart on the one hand and as dumb as a rock on the other.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:32 pm

At 13:30 JST, radioactive caesium-137 was detected near reactor 1, which indicates that the core had experienced a partial-meltdown. Kyodo News Service later reported that partial melting had occurred.

Not good news at all. Wikipedia lists the timelines in this link. Click on caesium-137 - very, very scary. God help those people.
Praying
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushima_I_Nuclear_Power_Plant

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:At 13:30 JST, radioactive caesium-137 was detected near reactor 1, which indicates that the core had experienced a partial-meltdown. Kyodo News Service later reported that partial melting had occurred.

Not good news at all. Wikipedia lists the timelines in this link. Click on caesium-137 - very, very scary. God help those people.
Praying

Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:49 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:At 13:30 JST, radioactive caesium-137 was detected near reactor 1, which indicates that the core had experienced a partial-meltdown. Kyodo News Service later reported that partial melting had occurred.

Praying

Sad

Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Actually, I believe that the media are reporting that the Japanese government were able to avert the meltdown after pumping in a lot of water to cool the reactor down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Some of you are aware that I run a website on Japanese Anime and Manga and I can report that a lot of their talented anime and manga creators have been reporting in since this devastation began and they're reporting that they're alive and well.

For those of you who do watch or collect anime and manga, you can get a list of the surviving members here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-11/anime/manga/game-industry-members-check-in-after-quake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Thats great to hear Kem.

As far as the reactors go, I'm hearing conflicting reports. I certainly hope a meltdown is not underway.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Well, they're still under threat but they're still under a warning.

The reason I mean those anime and manga creators is because they're the driving force behind Japan's major entertainment industry. Anime and manga is Japan's #1 entertainment industry and they license the material to every country on Earth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 pm

kemcha wrote:Some of you are aware that I run a website on Japanese Anime and Manga and I can report that a lot of their talented anime and manga creators have been reporting in since this devastation began and they're reporting that they're alive and well.

For those of you who do watch or collect anime and manga, you can get a list of the surviving members here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-11/anime/manga/game-industry-members-check-in-after-quake

Anime is pretty cool stuff. My first exposure to it was in the 1980s. I am not familiar with a lot of the titles. My son and I watched a couple of the series. We borrowed them from the library. Maybe I'll go to your site to see if I can find other series that look good. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:
rgreen001 wrote:Let me state this . I care about human life and all mankind.
However, I care more about the United States.

I care less about Japan, China, etc and I am sure they give less than a
hoot about us. Here we go again trying to be the savior of the world when we dont even take care of our own. (Remember Katrina)? How about the Unemployed. Is it Politically correct to say this? Probably not but it is a fact.

We are so hypocritical!

What is happening in Japan is a disaster of epic proportions. We cant compare our situation to what this country is going through.

I can understand your frustration about how the US handles certain things and prioritizes things, I feel the same way, but lets not blame the Japanese for this.

No I blame our Government for not taking care of its own! Again, I feel bad for Japan. BTW, i thought we were trying to cut the deficit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Some good news! Survivors have been found in Sendai and are being rescued by helicopter live on CNN!
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 pm

chopthis91 wrote:Yeah MM..and think about those 2 atomic bombs we dropped on Japan in 1945. Does anyone really believe that radiation never came over to us? I don't. That's why cancer is so widespread in the country and world today. Humans are smart on the one hand and as dumb as a rock on the other.

AMEN! or can I say that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:30 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Some good news! Survivors have been found in Sendai and are being rescued by helicopter live on CNN!
cheers

that sure is good news! thank god they found them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Is this CNN? I mean, what about our unemployment mission?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:37 am

rgreen001 wrote:Is this CNN? I mean, what about our unemployment mission?

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t886-house-ways-means-committee-hearing-on-improving-efforts-to-help-unemployed-americans-find-jobs-and-a-shout-out-to-et-thank-you

Is your Submission for the Record there?

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t868-us-house-agenda-for-the-week-of-march-14-please-support-hr-589-post-a-comment

Have you posted a comment today?

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t181-99ers-need-your-help-today-tommorrow-and-until-hr589-is-passed-3-11-11-updated-list-of-co-sponsors

Have you contacted your Representative, Senators and the President?

I could go on, however, sometimes we do need a break for our own peace of mind. There is something happening in this world that is devastating an ally of the US and innocent people are dying. In the end, what is happening in Japan could very well affect us.

FYI, CNN just reported as I was typing that one official has confirmed that one of the reactors has melted down. I think unemployment issues can be put on hold until tomorrow so we can pray for those whose lives will never be the same. At least we still have a chance, we are still alive and healthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 am

Still more deadly aftershocks in regions going on.

Prayers for the Japanese folks.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:46 am

NO accounts of Looting in Japan.

We as Americans should take note of this. We should as a society follow their foot steps.

We have all seen whats happened in parts of the US when disaster stuck.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:13 am

This situation is terrible. That earthquake was one if the strongest known earthquakes in the history of the world and now they have nuclear plants melting down. This will be a disaster.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Half of a Japanese town population is missing and feared dead. Sad

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/town_is_washed_off_map_FWuRyogbqjKbaJA4LDG79H
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:43 pm

That is why I agree all the countries around the world should supply humanitarian aid right now. Japan does not have the resources to supply the basics right now. Everything was washed away in the tsunami, or contaminated with radiation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:46 pm

I agree. There are many nations helping and more help is on the way. A lot of the problem is so much infrastructure in the hardest hit areas has been literally washed away. The pics of some of the towns hit by the tsunami are truly devastating.

I pray for the Japanese people.

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 4 Tsunam11
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:NO accounts of Looting in Japan.

We as Americans should take note of this. We should as a society follow their foot steps.

We have all seen whats happened in parts of the US when disaster stuck.
I have been in Japan a few times. A very orderly society with pleasant and polite people. Cities areas are compact but clean for the most part. As soon as I got back I discovered how rude and dirty things were here. It's sad, we can learn a lot in those areas from them.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next