Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question about EB & Part Time Job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question about EB & Part Time Job

Go down

Question about EB & Part Time Job Empty Question about EB & Part Time Job

Post by mrmucciethamc Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Okay, I'm in NJ. I exhausted tier 4 in November of 2010, however I couldnt collect EB because I was disqualified on my original 26 week claim in November 2010. I have a balance of $5,760 for EB. I just got a part time job this month working overnight. I am wondering if now that i got a part time job if i am able to collect partial unemployment with the EB money? Or do I have to wait until I make 4 times my weekly benefit rate to do that? Or what if they only need me for the summer and let me go, will I get to go on EB? (Because by the time summer is over, I will earn 4 times my weekly benefit rate to overcome the disqualification). Thanks.

mrmucciethamc

Back to top Go down

Question about EB & Part Time Job Empty Re: Question about EB & Part Time Job

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:02 pm

It would depend on why you were disqualified on your initial claim. If you were at fault causing disqualification, I believe you still would not be able to collect further on this claim, whether you are working or not. You would have to wait to qualify for a new claim. I am assuming that you appealed the original decision, if not, you should do so.

You should contact the New Jersey Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development as soon as possible for further information:

https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmucciethamc Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm

I was disqualified and penalized for 6 weeks. I went and appeal to the appeal tribunal the NJ DOL board of review and they denied me EB. Third appeal was to the superior court and have heard back nothing. Makes me sick.

I am just wondering if this job only keeps me for the summer if they let me go would I be able to go to EB because on the NJ DOL website it says:

If an individual was disqualified for misconduct or refused suitable work on their regular unemployment insurance claim or while collecting EUC benefits, the individual may be held disqualified for EB benefits, unless they have subsequently earned four times their weekly benefit rate to overcome this disqualification.

I just started this job and ill be making around $270 a week. I think they are only keeping me during the summer. If they tell me after the summer they dont need me would i be able to go to EB because by then ill have earned 4 times my weekly benefit rate, which was $289.

mrmucciethamc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 am

You will have to contact the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development. They are the only ones who can answer that question for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmucciethamc Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:50 pm

I called the office and explained to them the entire situation. They told me the governor's rule is you have to earn 4 times your weekly benefit rate in the first 4 weeks you start working in order for the disqualification to be lifted and for EB to initiate if you are working part time (which i am). Has anyone else heard of that?

mrmucciethamc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down