Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits

3 posters

Go down

Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits Empty Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits

Post by minimoe Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Ok so I am trying to get this "job" that would only be part time (talking prob less then 16 hours a week) and at MINIMUM wage rate... If I get the job and do work at that will I lose my unemployment benefits?? Im on state EB now

minimoe

Back to top Go down

Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits Empty Re: Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 pm

It is best to check with your UE office. There is a partial benefit credit where you are allowed to collect while being paid up to a certain amount. Many states are different and with new laws being passed, I couldn't honestly answer you without checking with your UE office in your state.

Back to top Go down

Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits Empty Re: Question: Working part time/ getting bennefits

Post by fb2011 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I was told you can make up to $58 a week and still collect a full check. But that was told to me during my first 26 weeks. I am not sure about EB. I am just trying to figure EB out myself now, applied for it on Tuesday.

fb2011

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Be careful, I know you want to work, but if trying means your lights cut off, then ... Ask anonymously or they will investigate whether you have job etc. and you could lose benefits in a red tape nightmare.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Its hard to say, each state its different. I wouldn't take any chances, call and ask to be sure. You don't want it coming back to haunt you.

Be sure and let us know how you made out! Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by minimoe Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Shoot Shoot Shoot.. I dunno what to do now

minimoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:59 am

minimoe, call and ask your UC office to explain the Partial Benefit Credit for you. That would be the easiest way to get your answers. Each state handles things differently and we would be remiss to explain our individual states' policy to you if it is different from yours.

Good luck and please do stay in touch and let us know how you make out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 pm

minimoe wrote:Shoot Shoot Shoot.. I dunno what to do now
Take the part-time job. Unemployment makes up the difference between your actual wage and your ue benefit. When you certify each week, you will be asked if you worked part-time and the GROSS wages you earned that week. You will need to calculate that yourself, so keep track of your hours. Be truthful when reporting these wages when you certify. In one of my former jobs, I received a lot of forms from the Unemployment Office asking for verification of reported wages for part-time employees who were still collecting UI.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down