Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work?

3 posters

Go down

How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? Empty How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work?

Post by Douga99 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm on the FED-ED extension. I started working a part-time job and my benefits were reduced from $450/wk to $36/wk. My question is how long I can continue to collect this benefit. Do I max out when I hit 20 weeks of benefits no matter what, or do I keep collecting as long as there is a balance remaining in my "account". Thanks.

Douga99

Back to top Go down

How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? Empty Re: How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Welcome, Doug99! Glad you found our site!

You keep collecting until your balance runs out. If you are on a Federal tier or state EB, the deadlines for filing for these extensions is December 31, 2011. Here is a link another member posted that you may find helpful.

https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t656-part-time-penalty-bye-update

Back to top Go down

How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? Empty Re: How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Wow you certainly took a hit, must be a good part time job.
You would collect the full 20 weeks or remainder of if you remain only part time. Seems like the system didn't update to reflect the new PT amount.

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Douga99 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Just to be clear, even though the rate is reduced, the max. number of weeks still applies and once I hit the 20 week mark (combination of some weeks at $450 and the remainder at $36) my benefit is exhausted. Ugh Sad

Douga99

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Unfortunately yes. The original rate was based on when you were not working PT. I know Calif unemployment computer system is outdated and I'm sure its not reflecting the true amount of Monies you have available.

You get 20 weeks regardless if its 2 dollars a week or 500.

Hope this helps, Welcome to the forum as well .
I wish you the best.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Douga99 wrote:Just to be clear, even though the rate is reduced, the max. number of weeks still applies and once I hit the 20 week mark (combination of some weeks at $450 and the remainder at $36) my benefit is exhausted. Ugh Sad

Doug, the rules and regs on State EB vary from state to state. You should call the EDD office in CA to verify.

I know that in my state, you keep collecting until the funds are exhausted regardless of the number of weeks. Good luck to you, I hope it works the same way in CA.
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? 148215

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
Douga99 wrote:Just to be clear, even though the rate is reduced, the max. number of weeks still applies and once I hit the 20 week mark (combination of some weeks at $450 and the remainder at $36) my benefit is exhausted. Ugh Sad

Doug, the rules and regs on State EB vary from state to state. You should call the EDD office in CA to verify.

I know that in my state, you keep collecting until the funds are exhausted regardless of the number of weeks. Good luck to you, I hope it works the same way in CA.
How Long Do I Collect UI when Benefits Are Reduced for Part-Time Work? 148215

Actually after rethinking about your personal situation, you should definitely call your unemployment office as it does vary from state to state.

Sorry for the confusion.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Douga99 wrote: I'm on the FED-ED extension. I started working a part-time job and my benefits were reduced from $450/wk to $36/wk. My question is how long I can continue to collect this benefit. Do I max out when I hit 20 weeks of benefits no matter what, or do I keep collecting as long as there is a balance remaining in my "account". Thanks.
I think that you would keep collecting until the balance in your account is exhausted, regardless of how many weeks that takes. I was on Tier 4 last fall and worked a one-shot job that paid me $440, $10 short of my weekly benefit, so EDD paid me $10 for that one week, but my Tier 4 expiration date was then extended one additional week to exhaust my account balance. I'm not sure whether FED-ED operates differently, but that's how it worked for Tiers 1-4.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down