Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 am

nf, seriously don't let it get to you. I had several phone interviews today and one in particular I could have just hung up 2 minutes in. When one is senior in one's work then a nuts and bolts interview is great. I experienced two people who wanted to go to lunch more than they wanted to interview. I'll be calling the company on them.

Just put these incidents behind. Seriously.

Just keep moving forward, do not look back. Just keep moving!

Good luck tomorrow... but then there's the day after tomorrow (if necessary).

Seriously...

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:39 am

Sounds like she was unprofessional and amateur. If I work late I expect my staff to work late. Really? What an attitude.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear about the lousy interview experience. As X said time to move past it. Shake the dust off and move forward.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 pm

I did find that it knocked some of the wind out of my sails but I agree its time to move on and I have a phone interview (which I hate) today. Bright side is that I would never want to work for someone as unpleasant as that woman.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Ok here we go again, just had phone interview. I was remarkably calm. Dont know why but it went well enough that I have an in person interview next week. I usually hate phone interviews and never do well but today was ok. Guess after yesterday it was nice to speak to someone who was friendly and acted like a human being.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

At least you're getting interviews after a dry period.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:24 am

http://www.dol.gov/

looking up!!! Getting better !

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:http://www.dol.gov/

looking up!!! Getting better !
I was waiting for you with this info!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:43 am

I went to the site, what are you showing us?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:46 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:I went to the site, what are you showing us?
I think he was trying to direct you to the Weekly First Time Claims release by the BLS this morning - 391,000 (Rolling Eyes)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:I went to the site, what are you showing us?
I think he was trying to direct you to the Weekly First Time Claims release by the BLS this morning - 391,000 (Rolling Eyes)

I agree, Hunter. Why just link us to the DOL site. I cwy cwy like a baby.

Hunter - YOU'RE FIRED... or explain. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 am

Last week I emailed a resume in response to a job in the paper and have not heard from them. So another resume that went into the void.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:00 pm

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 Doorcloses

This, in my opinion, definitely applies. What a Face diffrince

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:03 pm

I agree most of my resumes fall into an abyss but I keep trying. I have an interview this week and I'm crossing my fingers. They're small, no hr dept and the woman seems friendly which is much more than my last interview experience. Seems the person who had the job left after 4 years and I was told she didn't have fundraising skills so I am focusing on that in my preparation. I need to convince them that I can bring those skills and build the organization. It's been a tough week, one interview, several rejection emails, personal relationship that fell apart, not much to cheer about these days. Wondering if I'll ever have a reason to smile again!!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Its definitely hard to smile. I do it to keep up appearances but inside I'm torn up.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by arbeitslos Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Its definitely hard to smile. I do it to keep up appearances but inside I'm torn up.

I try to smile but only end up crying.

I've had six interviews in the past three weeks. Well, technically, one wasn't an interview. I drove thirty miles only to find out they were just taking applications and not interviewing. I never heard back from them. Nor have I heard back from any of the other places, even though one said they would definitely get back to me by the end of last week. I'm so fed up and feel like screaming.

To top it all off, my beloved kitty passed away Thursday night. Another victim of my long-term unemployment. I miss him so much.
arbeitslos
arbeitslos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

I did have a one job interview today, have to go back to more for a demonstration. We'll see.

@Arbeitsios how did your cat die? So sad.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 Doorcloses

This, in my opinion, definitely applies. What a Face diffrince

Great post... good one!

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:Its definitely hard to smile. I do it to keep up appearances but inside I'm torn up.

Yeah I have an interview today and I'm in a very dark place. I'm not sure what the tipping point is or why I'm more depressed this week than last week, but I am. Again there is nothing logical or normal about any of this. I do want to do well but I feel so unmotivated and detached. I'm hoping that after a semi decent night's rest I will feel more upbeat.

I just think it wears you down to pump yourself up and then get shot down. I always feel twice as bad as I did before the interview.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by arbeitslos Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I did have a one job interview today, have to go back to more for a demonstration. We'll see.

I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Hunterforjobs wrote:@Arbeitsios how did your cat die? So sad.

He started eating less back in June. I tried feeding him with a syringe, but he would have none of it. I bought a kitten bottle, enlarged the hole and that seemed to do the trick. He seemed to be doing fine with the bottle, eating a can a day. For a while there I thought he was getting better as he started eating on his own again. But it didn't last long and I had to start feeding him with the bottle again. Last Tuesday, his appetite was voracious and he ate almost two cans; I was suddenly very hopeful. The next day, he barely ate anything; spitting most of it out. Other than that, he seemed fine, at least in the morning. He came outside on the lanai with me, ran around a bit and then took a short nap in the sun. By afternoon, I knew I was going to lose him. I didn't prepare anymore food. I was shocked he was still alive in the morning. I spent most of the day by his side, keeping vigil. I felt so bad because I could tell he was in pain but there was nothing I could do. I had no money, no vet would euthanize him for free. He was still alive when my husband came home from work. I think he was in a coma by this point because he was breathing, though unresponsive. About an hour later he passed on. I miss him so much, he was a dear little thing and so full of love. Although he's probably better off than my other pets. When we lose our home what's going to happen to them?

As for jobs. I had a what I thought was a promising phone call yesterday afternoon. The employer seemed very enthused with me and set up an interview for later in the day. He called back about half an hour after we spoke and said there was an emergency and home and we'd have to reschedule for the next day. I said fine and hoped that everything would turn out okay for him. This next morning, as I was getting ready to go to the interview, he called. His whole attitude had changed. He was very cold and distant, nothing like the funny, jovial man I'd spoken with less than twenty-four hours earlier. He told me the interview was cancelled because he had too many resumes and he needed go through them all. I asked if he'd keep my resume on file, he said yes and abruptly hung up. I have no idea what transpired between when we first spoke and today. Maybe he Googled me and found something he didn't like. It just seems to weird for him just cancel the way he did.

nfpexec wrote:Yeah I have an interview today and I'm in a very dark place. I'm not sure what the tipping point is or why I'm more depressed this week than last week, but I am. Again there is nothing logical or normal about any of this. I do want to do well but I feel so unmotivated and detached. I'm hoping that after a semi decent night's rest I will feel more upbeat.

I just think it wears you down to pump yourself up and then get shot down. I always feel twice as bad as I did before the interview.

Good luck on the interview, I really hope you get the job.

I know how you feel, though. The job hunting, interviewing and stress over money are soul destroying. I'm so disillusioned right now, it isn't funny. I really think that, at this point in time, I'm pretty much unhirerable. I'm over the age of forty-five, a 99er and have abysmal credit. To use baseball terminology: Three strikes. I'm out.
arbeitslos
arbeitslos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 am

My interview ended in me not getting the job.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am

Sorry to hear that, Hunter. Keep trying, something has to give sooner or later for all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Sorry to hear that, Hunter. Keep trying, something has to give sooner or later for all of us.

Whatever it is, its very thick.

They may have created 103k jobs but several teacher jobs were lost today in NY.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 am

I applied to four jobs this week.....talked with a recruiter and had one interview.....Hopefully something will give soon......

KeeptheFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I am hoping for all of us. I am now in the dry spell not one interview or call back. It's gotta get better for all of us. UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 15 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next