Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb...

3 posters

Go down

Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... Empty Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb...

Post by Marian Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:01 pm

My question involves that last tier which in California is called the "Fed Ed Extension." It is for 20 weeks.

In CA, we have four separate Tiers and then the "Fed Ed Extension" completes the 99 weeks as scheduled.

In mid February, I will complete the four tiers and am wondering if I will be able to start the "Fed Ed" as scheduled presently with this new Bill that Congress approved today stating that the extensions would go through February? Anyone know?

UI Claims Maximum Weeks of Benefits Provided Deadline for Starting This Type of UI Claim
Regular UI Claim Up to 26 weeks of benefits Once someone becomes unemployed
1st Tier of Federal Extension Up to 20 weeks of benefits December 25, 2011
2nd Tier of Federal Extension Up to 14 weeks of benefits January 1, 2012
3rd Tier of Federal Extension Up to 13 weeks of benefits January 1, 2012
4th Tier of Federal Extension Up to 6 weeks of benefits January 1, 2012
Separate FED-ED Extension Up to 20 weeks of benefits January 1, 2012
POTENTIAL TOTAL MAXIMUM BENEFITS Up to 99 weeks of benefits

Thank you!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... Empty Re: Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:05 pm

There are only 14 (or less now) states that pay EB when federal extensions expire. I am not sure about CA, but you may want to check with them to see if that program will continue if benefits are cut off in February.

Back to top Go down

Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb... Empty Re: Question About the Tiers in CA with The Latest--Till Feb...

Post by Marian Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:39 pm

They pay it now and it depends upon where and how low or high the unemployment rate is...

Thanks!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Marian wrote:They pay it now and it depends upon where and how low or high the unemployment rate is...

Thanks!
Yes, they pay it now because the federal extension program is still in place. If that ends (or lapses) in February, most states immediately stop paying EB. I believe CA is one of those states, please double check. This happened twice in 2010, hopefully another member from CA can clarify!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks! It's so confusing!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm a little confused as well.......I thought EB continued in states with a Unemployment rate over 10%..have to check...Cali is currently at 11.3 %

My last week to collect Tier 1 is Sat. Feb. 25th....If I file for tier 2 by Feb. 29th(new deadline) I believe I can max that 2nd tier out if I don't have a gig by then. I'm confused too. I'm gonna wait til the House vote comes in next week(prob. Monday), then pray I can get through to The EDD on the phone next week to clarify all this.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 pm

No, only 14 (or less) states continue EB when federal unemployment extensions expire or lapse regardless of the unemployment rate. Hopefully an "exhaustee" who went through this twice in 2010, in June/July and December can let you know if California is a state that will continue paying. It seems like this battle has been going on forever, and I can't remember if California residents continued to receive EB when EUC lapsed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:16 pm

I'll call next week on EB, but I'm think I'm right about my tier 2 being able to be filed by Feb. 29th if my last ending day is Sat. Feb.25th on tier 1.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Sammy wrote:I'll call next week on EB, but I'm think I'm right about my tier 2 being able to be filed by Feb. 29th if my last ending day is Sat. Feb.25th on tier 1.
Once the House approves the two month extension early next week, I hope, the dates should be in the bill of the last day to file a claim on another tier. Good luck!

As I said, I have been in this for a long time and they always wait till the last minute and three times in three years they have let benefits lapse while they played political games. In 2009, my benefits lapsed from September until mid-November when Tiers 3 and 4 were implemented. "Back then", you received state EB after tier 2. No one even imagined this could drag on as long as it has.

I wish you all the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by amyh Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:25 pm

i was put on fed ed before tier 4 last year at this time when the filing dates hadn't been extended, ca edd was moving anyone who missed the cutoff directly to fed ed. i just collected my last fed ed payment last week ( i had to reopen my extension 6 months later) and i got notification stating another extension which i am assuming is tier 4 will be automatically filed if i qualify. so regardless of the cutoff date, everyone was moved to fed ed. if they do the same thing this year and ca stays at the fed ed level, they will hopefully put you on fed ed as well. hope that helps!

amyh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm

I had a link, but can't find it now. It said Feb. 29th was when the deadlines were. I post it up when I find it.
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Thanks amyh! That helps!

This is so confusing and a bit scary!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down