Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

+6
Judi58
MoInSTL
mrmarti
exhaustedandtired/1208
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 Empty #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

For more information on how to follow this Townhall:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house?utm_source=email120&utm_medium=image&utm_campaign=twitter

Watch Here!

The event will be streamed LIVE at http://www.whitehouse.gov/live 2 pm EDT!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house

The White House is all a-Twitter about an exciting event that's happening next week. On Wednesday, July 6th at 2pm ET, President Obama will answer your questions in the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House, and you're invited. Starting today, you can tweet your questions about jobs and the economy using the hashtag #AskObama and follow @townhall for the latest updates. Then, come back to watch the President respond to your questions in a live event moderated by Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and Executive Chairman.

I know we have a thread already but I think this is important.

Rules for this thread: Please help and support each other, ask any questions in order to participate, and most importantly no negativity in this thread. Negative remarks will only distract our focus and weaken our purpose. Negative postings in this thread are subject to deletion without taking the time to explain.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm

MaryKay wrote:Okay thanks guys. I am nervous, but still hopeful. Reuters is well respected and read by many in Washington so if it gets to the right eyes who knows.

MaryKay,

I think you will do wonderfully! You are a great person and a perfect example to represent the unemployed/99ers. Definitely point them towards your advocating efforts too. They need to see what a great job you have done and also need to see how frustrating it is that we are not being heard.

Good luck MK!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 3 Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

X wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:I'm quite capable of tweeting, I went through the twitter phase but lost interest in the account. Spammers love twitter too apparently.

Please leave your negativity out of this thread. Tweeting is not my choice of communications or taste. However today's event is quite different and deserves the attention we are trying to focus efforts on.

You and 1208 can take a hike for today. Please keep this thread clean of sidetracking and negativity. We are trying to do something/anything for "our" cause as you sit with your wanker cheerleading. Please drop your pom poms now.

Thanks.

Well I was away for the event but I see that the specific rule for this thread, first post (at bottom) continued to be abused. The good actions today by our members and forum admins and mods SHOULD NOT BE ridiculed and taunted by individuals who want to whine like children.

You two specifically have upset several individuals that currently have some real difficult situations in their life right now, as well as being unemployed. But these good people still make all efforts possible to try to bring relief to the unemployed - regardless if its a "long shot".

I'm god damned mad at you and hope you rethink what you post, starting now. This forum isn't for censorship or "strike/ban" happy. But when other individuals are emotionally upset by your words then that's where the line is drawn from where I stand.

Buck up and have some compassion!

Back to top Go down

Post by polpol3 Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Obama is and always will be a frigin coward!! He will pay eventually for diregarding us 99ers every chance he gets! Millions more will be coming and the polls will not lie,then you can cry along with your brilliant speaker and wonder why everyone hates you!! No balls obama!

polpol3

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 pm

polpol3 wrote:Obama is and always will be a frigin coward!! He will pay eventually for diregarding us 99ers every chance he gets! Millions more will be coming and the polls will not lie,then you can cry along with your brilliant speaker and wonder why everyone hates you!! No balls obama!

Anyne who runs for prez has balls IMO. Obama needs to get his skirt off and fight back.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 am

Did you read desp. post about Obama agreeing with repubs. to cut Social security and medicare and medicade! He is not at all concerned about the unemployed and any thought of more benefits for 99er's . Well wonder what the repubs. are going to give up!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:24 am

X wrote:
X wrote:
Hunterforjobs wrote:I'm quite capable of tweeting, I went through the twitter phase but lost interest in the account. Spammers love twitter too apparently.

Please leave your negativity out of this thread. Tweeting is not my choice of communications or taste. However today's event is quite different and deserves the attention we are trying to focus efforts on.

You and 1208 can take a hike for today. Please keep this thread clean of sidetracking and negativity. We are trying to do something/anything for "our" cause as you sit with your wanker cheerleading. Please drop your pom poms now.

Thanks.

Well I was away for the event but I see that the specific rule for this thread, first post (at bottom) continued to be abused. The good actions today by our members and forum admins and mods SHOULD NOT BE ridiculed and taunted by individuals who want to whine like children.

You two specifically have upset several individuals that currently have some real difficult situations in their life right now, as well as being unemployed. But these good people still make all efforts possible to try to bring relief to the unemployed - regardless if its a "long shot".

I'm god damned mad at you and hope you rethink what you post, starting now. This forum isn't for censorship or "strike/ban" happy. But when other individuals are emotionally upset by your words then that's where the line is drawn from where I stand.

Buck up and have some compassion!

If you are so peeved at what someone says a PM is the professional way to go than wasting topic space. You seem to be the only one and there was no abuse of rules. If people are upset its because they want to be. Everyone is having a hell of a tough time in life esp that Obama is a gop sell out.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 am

Yes Hunterforjobs, there were rules for this thread in particular. As I pointed out they are in the first post at the bottom.

Here they are:

Rules for this thread: Please help and support each other, ask any questions in order to participate, and most importantly no negativity in this thread. Negative remarks will only distract our focus and weaken our purpose. Negative postings in this thread are subject to deletion without taking the time to explain.

There were no deletion of posts. And I was not "the only one" peeved, I can assure you of this fact.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 am

Read an article Obama seeks social security cuts!!! It goes on to read he is proposing a SS reduction OR cutting cost of living increases! I am willing to bet the repubs. DIDN'T even have that in mind! If you guys think he is wonderful and he is really concerned about any unemployed, then hey good luck! If he cuts SS in any fashion to millions of seniors that have depended on their SS income for years, then what will he do for the unemployed! He is a player for his reelection. He has no loyalty!!!If you want him Good luck!! We'll see! He has done nothing and what he has done is caved and crossed over to the republican side. He is all for Obama and not the hurting.. He has abandoned the unemployed and seniors ! That is unless you can show me what he has done in the past twelve months especially for the 99er's. NOTHING!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:49 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Read an article Obama seeks social security cuts!!! It goes on to read he is proposing a SS reduction OR cutting cost of living increases! I am willing to bet the repubs. DIDN'T even have that in mind! If you guys think he is wonderful and he is really concerned about any unemployed, then hey good luck! If he cuts SS in any fashion to millions of seniors that have depended on their SS income for years, then what will he do for the unemployed! He is a player for his reelection. He has no loyalty!!!If you want him Good luck!! We'll see! He has done nothing and what he has done is caved and crossed over to the republican side. He is all for Obama and not the hurting.. He has abandoned the unemployed and seniors ! That is unless you can show me what he has done in the past twelve months especially for the 99er's. NOTHING!

I am forming a new group and you are our leader, "99ers Will Vote out Obama in 2012"! Do something like that and maybe he will listen. We are too complacent, give up too easily, too few are avocating - we need to get a STRONG movement going NOW! Since you are the #1 Obama critic - you will start the movement. How can I help you, boss?
chier

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 am

Obama has let me and millions of Americans down. Proposed cuts to SS to raise the debt limit is insanity IMHO. He is shooting himself in the foot right now.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3