Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY!

4 posters

Go down

Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! Empty Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY!

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 pm

The House Democrats will hold a live Twitter Chat tomorrow at 3:00 pm (EST).

Tweet your questions to @HouseDemocrats and use the hashtag #AskDems at the end of your question.

Let's set a record on Twitter! Please join this Chat tomorrow to demand support for HR 589 and the 99ers.

They WILL answer your questions.....at the last one they had, @Darthtater36 a/k/a gettheminNOVEMBER, had 7 questions answered!

According to Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, tomorrow's chat will focus on JOBS!

Tweet from Leader Pelosi:
House Ds remain focused on creating #jobs & will unveil #MakeItInAmerica agenda tmrw (#TwitterTownHall @ 3 EDT-use #AskDems)

Tweeters ~ Please Participate! This is our chance to make a difference!
If you don't have a Twitter account, go to www.twitter.com and sign up! We will be posting tips tonight and tomorrow morning!

Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! Images19

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! Empty Re: Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue May 03, 2011 7:54 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Thanks, I posted a statement on another post I guess and said I am not familiar how to twitter? It appears too complicated. It may be simple but instruct me how again and I am there! I have a tweeter account with password. But after I access its confusing how to bring up site??

Hit the tweet button on this forum on your left. Sign into your twitter and then click tweet. Once the tweet window comes up look for the "view on twitter link" click that. It should go to your home page

On top is a "who to follow" put in 99er or whoever you want. You will find peope fast.

What is your name on twitter I can find you and show you how to find others
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY! Empty Re: Tweeters: House Democrats to hold live Twitter Chat TODAY!

Post by mrmarti Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Thanks, I posted a statement on another post I guess and said I am not familiar how to twitter? It appears too complicated. It may be simple but instruct me how again and I am there! I have a tweeter account with password. But after I access its confusing how to bring up site??

Hit the tweet button on this forum on your left. Sign into your twitter and then click tweet. Once the tweet window comes up look for the "view on twitter link" click that. It should go to your home page

On top is a "who to follow" put in 99er or whoever you want. You will find peope fast.

What is your name on twitter I can find you and show you how to find others

i'm following you now on twitter exhaustedandtired/1208
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Don't forget @ 3pm today.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Can we tweet before the 3pm live meeting starts with quesitons or should we only do so after 3pm? I guess what I am asking is, do they only reply to tweets sent after the 3pm meeting starts?
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm

superstevies wrote:Can we tweet before the 3pm live meeting starts with quesitons or should we only do so after 3pm? I guess what I am asking is, do they only reply to tweets sent after the 3pm meeting starts?

You could try sending questions a little before 3, I am not really sure about that. gettheminNOVEMBER participated in the last one, fortunately for him, he is working right now so I can't ask him. They should see all the questions though if the hashtag is attached to your tweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah I figured they would see the questions if it had the hashtag..but I guess I will wait. Don't want to jump the gun.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 pm

So far they replied to one of my questions. Asked why no legislation to keep company's from discriminating against long term unemployed. Answered back....there is some legislation. So I replyed back to the reply when will it be passed? I figured out they are very vague. They know I know there are introduced bills. BUt when can we see results..I guess I should have asked.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 4:37 pm

this is what I got back.
spedwybabs Beth Becker
@ @superstevies legislation like that HAS been introduced by @RepHankJohnson Smile #askdems #justsayin
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Hank Johnson has introduced HR1113, the widget is on the right of the Forum. It ends discrimination against the unemployed. Big Joke! They don't even handle age discrimination!

Back to twitter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Got one excuse!RepMcGovern Rep. Jim McGovern
@Exhausted99er & #99ers: Jobs/unemployment extension bills need to reach floor for a vote: GOP leadership isnt letting that happen. #AskDems

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed May 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Uhm. It's still in committee.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 5:25 pm

They never answered my question

unemployed_mass
#Askdems When are you all going to come together and address the #99ers? CBC needs more of you to get behind #HR589. Things r getting worse

It got some retweets though =-/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

You can get the results here (I think!):

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23AskDems

Thanks to everyone who participated! We will make a difference! They can't ignore us forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

All they did was point the finger @ repubs. and back at us. Worthless Tweet meet. They don't want to help. They seem to like the fact that they can scape goat through the repubs.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

superstevies wrote:All they did was point the finger @ repubs. and back at us. Worthless Tweet meet. They don't want to help. They seem to like the fact that they can scape goat through the repubs.

It seems like they answered ONE question and then ran away and hid!

Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 pm

I ran out of tweets before the event ended. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed May 04, 2011 6:01 pm

I did the best I could in the short time I had!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm

JaneWI wrote:I ran out of tweets before the event ended. lol!

I am still dumbfounded by the way they ignored us! ONE question answered about HR 589, and steve was told HR 1113 had been proposed (Unemployment Discrimination). How will that help us now?

We have to keep going! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed May 04, 2011 6:04 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
JaneWI wrote:I ran out of tweets before the event ended. lol!

I am still dumbfounded by the way they ignored us! ONE question answered about HR 589, and steve was told HR 1113 had been proposed (Unemployment Discrimination). How will that help us now?

We have to keep going! Evil or Very Mad

Just because they did not answer does not mean an impact was not made. Keep your heads up!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

I think we may have steamrolled their meeting...I'm loving it. They may not have answered it but they got a Mouthfull from me and many others. I think they ignore us sometimes but during this meeting all be it short lived, we got in their faces. I want help and answers from them and all they could do was point the finger at the GOP & back at us. I wonder in Pelosi was there? If so, It must have been uncomfy for her. Bottom line, when the dems. had control of both the House & Senate not enough was done. But hey, how ya lik'n all the help we got with healthcare. None here for me. I can't even get Medicaid or Medicare.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 am

superstevies wrote:I think we may have steamrolled their meeting...I'm loving it. They may not have answered it but they got a Mouthfull from me and many others. I think they ignore us sometimes but during this meeting all be it short lived, we got in their faces. I want help and answers from them and all they could do was point the finger at the GOP & back at us. I wonder in Pelosi was there? If so, It must have been uncomfy for her. Bottom line, when the dems. had control of both the House & Senate not enough was done. But hey, how ya lik'n all the help we got with healthcare. None here for me. I can't even get Medicaid or Medicare.

Pelosi and Hoyer were both there! I loved it too! Felt bad for others who had questions on different topics, but we sure dominated it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down