Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

+6
Judi58
MoInSTL
mrmarti
exhaustedandtired/1208
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! Empty #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 pm

For more information on how to follow this Townhall:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house?utm_source=email120&utm_medium=image&utm_campaign=twitter

Watch Here!

The event will be streamed LIVE at http://www.whitehouse.gov/live 2 pm EDT!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house

The White House is all a-Twitter about an exciting event that's happening next week. On Wednesday, July 6th at 2pm ET, President Obama will answer your questions in the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House, and you're invited. Starting today, you can tweet your questions about jobs and the economy using the hashtag #AskObama and follow @townhall for the latest updates. Then, come back to watch the President respond to your questions in a live event moderated by Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and Executive Chairman.

I know we have a thread already but I think this is important.

Rules for this thread: Please help and support each other, ask any questions in order to participate, and most importantly no negativity in this thread. Negative remarks will only distract our focus and weaken our purpose. Negative postings in this thread are subject to deletion without taking the time to explain.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 pm

It will be streamed live Wednesday July 6 at 2:00 pm ET at http://askobama.twitter.com and http://wh.gov/live.

Please get your questions in! The "Twitter Town Hall" is focusing only on Jobs and the Economy!

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 758924

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 pm

I already started sending questions. Another twitterer suggested to try and make one of them trend...here it is if you want to join.

RT: #AskObama How do you & dem congress plan to deal with the unacceptable behavior of the GOP? They are severely damaging our nation. #SOS

Its not one of the unemployment questions I asked, but it is just as important. we need them to come together in order to get legislation passed for ALL the unemployed. If they continue on this path NOTHING will ever get done and I fear America will resemble a third world country. We are already seeing signs of this.

The GOP congress needs to be jolted back into reality. I want to know how Obama and his base plan to put an end to the GOP madness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:07 am

#AskObama at the First Ever Twitter @Townhall at the White House
Posted by Kori Schulman on June 30, 2011 at 1:49 PM EDT

The White House is all a-Twitter about an exciting event that's happening next week. On Wednesday, July 6th at 2pm ET, President Obama will answer your questions in the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House, and you're invited. Starting today, you can tweet your questions about jobs and the economy using the hashtag #AskObama and follow @townhall for the latest updates. Then, come back to watch the President respond to your questions in a live event moderated by Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and Executive Chairman.

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! Wh-twi10

Please see this thread for information on the Twitter Action Committee's advocacy campaign on July 7:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t977p45-twitter-tac-update-july-3#34577

Tweet your questions to the President - don't forget the hashtag #AskObama!

If you don't have a twitter account, sign up today! Even if you don't tweet, just RETWEET your favorite questions!

Get involved! EUC08, with the 14 additional weeks added to Tier 1, must be included to the debt ceiling negotiations or everything will end on December 31, 2011!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 pm

This is a huge opportunity for all the 99ers and the long term unemployed. Please everyone, we need 100% participation. This is the greatest way for them to see our numbers and hear our stories.

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Every major news station is running this info on their crawler, hopefully this means the attention we need may come on Wednesday. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Please join the effort. If you don't want to ask a direct question, retweet, please. All members are needed!!! #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:20 pm

MaryKay wrote:Please join the effort. If you don't want to ask a direct question, retweet, please. All members are needed!!! #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243
If you don't tweet, you can still ask!

We will do it for you! The more questions, the better - no excuse not to participate! Questions are now being tweeted and retweeted - the President needs to be flooded and we need responses!

Please participate - see this thread to post your question if you don't tweet!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2916-want-to-join-obama-s-twitter-townhall-don-t-tweet-ask-here-we-will-tweet-for-you#34597

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:21 am

Tweet and retweet. We need all our members to please participate or send us your message and we will do it for you. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:30 pm

This twitter event has had me conversing with people that I would other wise not of known. A few that are employed and a few new "unemployed friends" responded to 1 or 2 of my questions.

The point Im trying make here is that this is a good way to get the attention turned towards unemployment even if the pres. doesnt answer our questions.

millions of people are monitoring the #AskObama questions. I even had one person who replied in an argumentative way, but I just remained civil to them and it turned into a twitter friendship and come to find out we share a lot of the same views. This person was just unaware of the facts.

Am I making any sense here? LOL

Bottom line is, #AskObama!!!! It will gain us more exposure with the public. I think this is the best thing that could happen to us at this point. People are responding!! I notice a lot of the questions have to do with unemployment and tax breaks.

SO get tweeting if you havent already!!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm

This is who will be analyzing the questions submitted to #AskObama

http://www.radian6.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Radian6-Twitter-Town-Hall.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:54 pm

While this is a good thing, are you sure these questions will pass his eyes, since I'm sure there will be aides there that are making the decisions which questions for him to see and which ones they'll pass on.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Although I think we can all understand that there will be people screening the questions, if we all continue to ask the types of questions we are asking regarding Jobs, 99ers, HR589, Job Creation Legislation they will have quite a lull in questions, I think he will answer them. You have to also think that maybe, just maybe he needs these questions asked directly of him so that he can go on record to support various types of legislation but cannot direct Congress to write it.

In addition to that, it's the best opportunity we have had to date to get a one on one with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:20 pm

I have one Why are you afraid of Bohner and the Gop?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:While this is a good thing, are you sure these questions will pass his eyes, since I'm sure there will be aides there that are making the decisions which questions for him to see and which ones they'll pass on.

When people tweet and retweet the same questions with the proper hashtags they willstand out like a sore thumb. Even if he does not read them its a way to make noise. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 562135

If you do nothing then expect nothing to be done for sure.

I will tweet your question above for you.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I have been tweeting and retweeting all day. Please all, join us. This is so important for US. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm

I can't wait to see the answers you get!Please pass them along to the members! Unless one doesn't want to pass on the truth! If one thinks he is going to do ANYTHING about 99er's, good luck! LMAO

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:30 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I can't wait to see the answers you get!Please pass them along to the members! Unless one doesn't want to pass on the truth! If one thinks he is going to do ANYTHING about 99er's, good luck! LMAO

We have a better chance of Obama doing then your side. THAT IS FOR DAM SURE!!

How about you get on twitter and ask some questions instead of mocking the rest of us actually DOING SOMETHING!!

I have a job and spent the last 2 hours trying to help and this is the BS I have to read!!

This is enough of an UPHILL battle as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrated Frustrated
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:36 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/04/joe-biden-twitter-vice-president_n_889793.html?ref=tw

Joe Biden Joins Twitter: Vice President's Office Will Tweet From @VP
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I can't wait to see the answers you get!Please pass them along to the members! Unless one doesn't want to pass on the truth! If one thinks he is going to do ANYTHING about 99er's, good luck! LMAO

A month or two ago, there was an #AskDems Twitter Townhall. Several members here spent a few hours here teaching you how to tweet. As a matter of fact, I'm still following you.

At that Townhall, I did have one of my questions answered by Rep. McGovern of MA. That event was open to questions about anything. President Obama's event will focus only on jobs and the economy.

If you haven't used Twitter for a while, you don't have to tweet, just retweet questions you see with #AskObama. He will answer those questions that are trending. That is why we need EVERYONE'S involvement.

Have you asked a question yet? If not, put it in this thread and I will tweet it for you, in the meantime, sign on to Twitter and start retweeting!
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2916p15-want-to-join-obama-s-twitter-townhall-don-t-tweet-ask-here-we-will-tweet-for-you#34817

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey 1208, thanks for the support. Should we just do nothing? If we can get some coverage out of this, isn't it worth a try? Why so negative. All we are doing is trying. Can you think of another way we can the the attention of the President? Let me know, I will give it a try as well. Meantime, could you please try and not be so negative to the ones who are trying. I am just asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Guidelines for tomorrow's Townhall from Twitter:

Questions addressed during the Town Hall will be selected both in advance and in real-time during the event. To narrow down the list of popular, relevant questions to ask on behalf of Twitter users, we’re doing the following:

• We’ve partnered with Mass Relevance to curate, visualize and integrate conversations for the event.
Algorithms behind Twitter search will identify the Tweets that are most engaged with via Retweets, Favorites and Replies.
• A team of seasoned Twitter users with experience discussing the economy will help flag questions from their communities through retweets.

To have your voice heard, tweet your questions on the economy and be sure to include the hashtag #AskObama. You can track the conversation in three great ways: Watch the event live at http//askobama.twitter.com, follow live Tweets from @townhall, or search the hashtag #AskObama.

http://blog.twitter.com/2011/07/twitter-town-hall.html

Please RT all questions with #unemployment, #99ers, #HR589, etc! The more retweets, the better the chance of being answered!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:43 pm

I came across this tweet from one of the tweeters that will be at the townhall and is helping to pick out questions!

DrewHampshire Drew Cline
Questions for President Obama on the economy? Tweet 'em to me 4 tomorrow's Twitter town hall; I'll be helping with Q selection. #askObama

I sent him a few, cant hurt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:55 am

I'm quite capable of tweeting, I went through the twitter phase but lost interest in the account. Spammers love twitter too apparently.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next