Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

+6
Judi58
MoInSTL
mrmarti
exhaustedandtired/1208
Hunterforjobs
gettheminNOVEMBER
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 Empty #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

For more information on how to follow this Townhall:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house?utm_source=email120&utm_medium=image&utm_campaign=twitter

Watch Here!

The event will be streamed LIVE at http://www.whitehouse.gov/live 2 pm EDT!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/30/askobama-first-ever-twitter-townhall-white-house

The White House is all a-Twitter about an exciting event that's happening next week. On Wednesday, July 6th at 2pm ET, President Obama will answer your questions in the first ever Twitter Town Hall at the White House, and you're invited. Starting today, you can tweet your questions about jobs and the economy using the hashtag #AskObama and follow @townhall for the latest updates. Then, come back to watch the President respond to your questions in a live event moderated by Jack Dorsey, Twitter co-founder and Executive Chairman.

I know we have a thread already but I think this is important.

Rules for this thread: Please help and support each other, ask any questions in order to participate, and most importantly no negativity in this thread. Negative remarks will only distract our focus and weaken our purpose. Negative postings in this thread are subject to deletion without taking the time to explain.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I'm quite capable of tweeting, I went through the twitter phase but lost interest in the account. Spammers love twitter too apparently.

Please leave your negativity out of this thread. Tweeting is not my choice of communications or taste. However today's event is quite different and deserves the attention we are trying to focus efforts on.

You and 1208 can take a hike for today. Please keep this thread clean of sidetracking and negativity. We are trying to do something/anything for "our" cause as you sit with your wanker cheerleading. Please drop your pom poms now.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

#AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 Empty Re: #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET!

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 pm

That wasn't negative, I was talking of my experience. And while you're at it you an also ask why we now have a walmart government?
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:29 pm

I won't be able to view this event. Would you guys recap how the President responded and whether he touched on the subject of the unemployed/99ers. Thanks in advance
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:31 pm

mrmarti wrote:I won't be able to view this event. Would you guys recap how the President responded and whether he touched on the subject of the unemployed/99ers. Thanks in advance

Good point, mrmarti. We sure will. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 pm

MaryKay wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I can't wait to see the answers you get!Please pass them along to the members! Unless one doesn't want to pass on the truth! If one thinks he is going to do ANYTHING about 99er's, good luck! LMAO

Hey 1208, thanks for the support. Should we just do nothing? If we can get some coverage out of this, isn't it worth a try? Why so negative. All we are doing is trying. Can you think of another way we can the the attention of the President? Let me know, I will give it a try as well. Meantime, could you please try and not be so negative to the ones who are trying. I am just asking.

I am sorry, but I am so emotionally burnt out! Also I know to twitter and communicate when there is opportunity is better than saying nothing, but Its my lack of hope that anything will get done and its the same old BS. But Its better than doing nothing, I know!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Post you question and I will ask it for you and then it will be retweeted. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
MaryKay wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I can't wait to see the answers you get!Please pass them along to the members! Unless one doesn't want to pass on the truth! If one thinks he is going to do ANYTHING about 99er's, good luck! LMAO

Hey 1208, thanks for the support. Should we just do nothing? If we can get some coverage out of this, isn't it worth a try? Why so negative. All we are doing is trying. Can you think of another way we can the the attention of the President? Let me know, I will give it a try as well. Meantime, could you please try and not be so negative to the ones who are trying. I am just asking.

I am sorry, but I am so emotionally burnt out! Also I know to twitter and communicate when there is opportunity is better than saying nothing, but Its my lack of hope that anything will get done and its the same old BS. But Its better than doing nothing, I know!

Hey 1208... completely understand. Please try to keep the faith, even when it looks pretty dismal "out there". Yeah we just never know what might make a difference, but as you say it's better than doing nothing.

Let's hope for the best!

Thanks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Okay friends, just a few minutes away. Please keep submitting questions and we will enter them if you would like.

Maybe we will get the answers we are looking for. #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm

Its starting now!! #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 9685

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 pm

MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 pm

OK, I tweeted BUT It appears that my tweet will get a response if I am lucky around 2020! But I tried. I commented on his comment saying we all must adjust! I ask"How can we the long, long term unemployed and out of income keep adjusting??? I am sorry if this isn't the kind of tweet one agrees with or not, BUT I addressed a very key issue that is affecting millions of us 99er's. Out of benefits and income, one can only do so much adjusting!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Unfortunately it appears that tweeting is open to political agendas from some advocates only with a political interest. They ask questions to put him on the spot for political gain and not in support of those in need and hurting!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Why were the 99ers forgotten in the extension for unemployment?

Tried to tweet could not get on..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Unfortunately it appears that the long long term unemployed is only a fraction of the subject and concern! Its all about the same bull going on and that is fighting with repubs. on debt ceiling and also spending cuts and homeowners. NO sustained focus on the unemployed and also 99er plight! I do admire his apparent sincerity in his answers. They may not be right or wrong but he is giving his views. But he needs to address the true long term issues and that is singly unemployment and 99er plight. That is the key!!! Not tax cuts or tax increases.. so we are again not the major focus!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Lastly as many other unemployed I am sure has tweeted many comments specific to us and our single situation, but to me this is another glorified agenda that does not recognize us with sincere emphasis! IMO! We again are being shuffled.. BUT to my critics, I tried! I send three seperate comments! But maybe they will sort through the millions of tweets and locate mine!!! LMAO

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Judi58 wrote:Why were the 99ers forgotten in the extension for unemployment?

Tried to tweet could not get on..

Will do it now for you Judi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Sent Judi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:13 pm

only 7 tweets personally chosen by the pres of twitter were shown to obama and those tweets were spoke more on education than state of the economy then again I came in on the last 15 min and the video kept hiccuping
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Lastly as many other unemployed I am sure has tweeted many comments specific to us and our single situation, but to me this is another glorified agenda that does not recognize us with sincere emphasis! IMO! We again are being shuffled.. BUT to my critics, I tried! I send three seperate comments! But maybe they will sort through the millions of tweets and locate mine!!! LMAO

You sent 3? That is how bad you are hurting? I re-tweeted 150 and sent another 300 yesterday. The point is to make noise with tons of #99er and #askobama hashtags. Not give them a needle in a haystack to find.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:07 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Lastly as many other unemployed I am sure has tweeted many comments specific to us and our single situation, but to me this is another glorified agenda that does not recognize us with sincere emphasis! IMO! We again are being shuffled.. BUT to my critics, I tried! I send three seperate comments! But maybe they will sort through the millions of tweets and locate mine!!! LMAO

You sent 3? That is how bad you are hurting? I re-tweeted 150 and sent another 300 yesterday. The point is to make noise with tons of #99er and #askobama hashtags. Not give them a needle in a haystack to find.

OMG! I thought you could only send a couple ?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Please see the 99ers letter thread. Ignore us, I DO NOT THINK SO.

We'll show them. I need help. We have no choice now.

I think it serves us all well to be united and not be making fun of those who are still working to get us heard. We need help, all of us. We also need help getting this done.

According to most reports on CNN and MSNBC, this was an event sponsored by twitter, aimed at the younger, tech savvy voters to encourage them and engage them. Well, we were not heard, we needed more 99er and unemployed support and we did not get it.

Now we need to regroup or give up. I cannot afford to give up and I will not give up on principle. Please join in or post on different threads. Laughing and making fun of efforts on behalf of all of us is just unacceptable and quite frankly hurtful.

At 9am tomorrow the reporter from Reuters and a photographer will be here to do a story that I agreed to if they promised they would make this a story about the long term unemployed and the 99ers, not just my story. Shall I show them some of the threads and the comments about the help we are looking for and the some of the comments making fun of those who are trying to help. I think that will go very far to getting us the help we need. Playing right into the hands of everyone who thinks we cannot stay together and turning us against one another.

We have work to do, if you do not wish to participate, then post on other threads within this forum that do not require cooperation and advocation. Making fun of the work that some are doing is not acceptable. And it goes without saying #AskObama Twitter @Townhall at the White House to stream live at 2:00 pm ET! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Mary Kay, I say show them anything and everything you can. United we stand!!!! Keep up the good work staying strong helps all of us in this unemployment H@##

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Disclose all, take no prisoners. We are human beings, therefore we are supposed to have human rights. We are American citizens, therefore we are supposed to have the exact same rights as every other citizen of this country.

If anyone doesn't want their thread shown, say so. Mine mightn't be grammatically perfect, but I'm willing.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Okay thanks guys. I am nervous, but still hopeful. Reuters is well respected and read by many in Washington so if it gets to the right eyes who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Keep in mind, it is not a total loss. Even though he didnt answer our questions, millions of other people saw them! We need to raise awareness and this was a great start.

I got responses to my questions from people that i have never met before and who are now following me because of #AskObama. Most felt the same way we do, but never realized that there was actually a group advocating for it. I also had 3 or 4 new followers who mentioned that they are EMPLOYED, but feel for us and are scared, and that they are ready to start protesting with us if we can organize it!!

Its a long grueling process, and certainly is discouraging and help is not immediate like we all need. We deserve better. BUT 99ers and the unemployed have made some progress since last summer.

Please try and keep the faith everyone, I know its hard and all we ask is that you try and get involved. send a few tweets and faxes per day if you can or call reps....anything will help at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next