Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight

+6
RookieCAF
suri
gettheminNOVEMBER
TR11005
Jobless_in_Ma
Judi58
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 Empty What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight

Post by Judi58 Thu May 12, 2011 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

3 weeks ago I put in my last pair of contacts.. ( glasses broke a year ago) I am only suppose to wear them a month but have gone 2 months to make them last.. Now my eyes are infected I am guessing from pushing it with the last pair of contacts. I can not see anything close or far with out them. I will be leaglly blind.
I am already selling my car IF someone buys it I might be able to get new contacts if not I am not only Hungry but blind too..

AND yes I have called everywhere.. No one will help me get glasses... I would get better treatment if I stole them and got 3 squares and a cot... at least I would have heath care and a meal..

Sorry bad day but I am so angry
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 am

Judi58 wrote:Thank you for asking... A good friend gave me the 120.00 I needed to buy the box of contacts... Made the deadline for a new RX by 2 days... So I am good for 4-5 months..

I am sorry, I mis-spelled your name earlier...
Oh, that is very good to know...your post really affected me, and I wanted to help if I could. I am glad you have such a good friend that was able to help you. :12600:

Back to top Go down

What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight

Post by americatheneedy Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 am

Good I have been thinkng about this
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:48 am

thanks all.. it is a tough time for all...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 pm

so what is the worst thing I've had to give up...

1. Health insurance (thankfully I am healthy but god forbid something goes wrong. I am really going to be in trouble).

- I too, need a new set of glasses - my last pair cost me almost 900 total with exams, frames, lenses, etc. Of course, that was during the time I could still afford to go to my regular Opthamologist. Now, I'd be happy to get my eyes from Wal-Mart Optical Center. Currently, I am going back and forth between two sets of readers from the Drug Store (because I normally need bi-focals) and it is working out OK. Making due until I can go to the eye doctor again.

- Regular/annual Internist visits. Haven't been to the doctor for a regular wellness exam in two years.

- Dentist. I really need my teeth cleaned Embarassed thankfully, I've been really lucky with my teeth and I brush and floss and gargle and do everything I'm supposed to do...but not having that just feels ... wrong.

2. My dignity / self-worth. I feel like less than 0. I want to just fade away. I see the disparity between the upper class and the working poor/impoverished and no middle class any longer. I was the working poor when I did have a job and now I am simply going without so much and living on such a tight budget, I think I am in the 'poor' category. I was raised in the Upper Middle Class category...so to not worry and have what I need (and even want sometimes) to having literally almost nothing and just squeeking by ... while I rest of my family, friends and peers are doing well. It's very difficult and depressing.

I feel as if the government is just setting us all up in a way that they are "weeding" out the population slowly by the Darwinian process of elimation. The Government doesn't care one bit - nor understand - or maybe they DO get it and just don't care about what is going on (how bad it really is).

I feel that they really couldn't care less whether I live or die. One less burden for them Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm

You are so right... The goverment cares NOT.. I was lucky to have a friend help me.. BUT my dignity is gone I feel like a failure everyday..

I pray every night before I go to bed that I dont have to wake up and feel this again... BUT I do wake up.. My next move is going for food stamps.. I hate it I am not looking forward to this last time the worker looked at me as if I was less then human.. I spend days crying before and after going there...

I always had hope that our goverment would not turn their back.,, I was so surprised as time keeps moving forward and they keep turning their back. Sometimes I feel as if it is rubbed in our face as the BIG parties and BBQ that the Prez holds.. as we strave and walk the streets...
Having a day as I have to call and beg to keep my cell on and then off to get the food stamps... maybe... I have been turned down before and I still am not sure why....
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Judi58 wrote:I pray every night before I go to bed that I dont have to wake up and feel this again... BUT I do wake up..

I do, as well. When I go to sleep I wonder if I'll wake up and kind of hope not, so I don't have to open my eyes to another morning feeling so degraded and horrible and in emotional pain.

Someone said to me on the site earlier something very sweet, and it made sense: definitely, easier said than done in the state we are in, but perhaps there is a reason WHY we are in this position - perhaps it is to utilize the time we have to make a change. For us or as a whole.

I am sure it's true, and it's a lovely sentiment, but for me, I gotten so depressed: taking a shower, doing laundry, cooking, etc... it's too much. I just don't have the energy Sad Thankfully, I muster up the energy, somehow, but it's hard work for me to do just simple/everyday things.

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Antinous - I HEAR you --- LOUD AND CLEAR!!

#1. Check - me too! People, including family, have NO CLUE how this feels!! Yeah, after a lifetime of good healthcare, 2 ca dx!! Every single day I know in my heart...how this feels. I'm on last scrip so must pay for internist visit in next few months. I'll probably swallow pride and ask for discount but am depressed to just think of it! Went through 18 months of COBRA when DH was lay-off, tried IN uninsured after six months planning period, BUT THEY AREN'T OFFERING ANYTHING BUT $5,000 deductible for almost $600 a month, if you do not have dependents? Seriously??

Had teeth cleaned last year with exam, x-rays almost $300?? Need work when I can find money --- broken tooth.

Glasses haven't gone for three years since crisis began... Not good.

#2 Check - me too! YOU ARE NOT ALONE here either. Remarkable to me, when I step back that either side of family never understand or ATTEMPTED to 'get it' when DH was laid off, after over 20 years, 10 DAYS before Christmas with no hints before!! Think we are adjusting to life as minimal when something else hits us blindsided again. Don't know if we will muddle through, just putting one foot before the other.

I'm going to 'let go' of even attempting to explain to family. They don't HEAR me. I say how hard this is and they say "get over it" or "so you're retired?" THANKS! I feel like I'm going down for the third time and people stand on the bank counting for me and critizing my situation --- We are here for each other in ways unknown to even our families or 'best friends'. Truly NEVER expected such in my lifetime!! Country is 'I've got mine, tooo bad about you?' lol Like we really 'enjoy' having to decline invitations we can't afford or not attend parties for the extra gift money expected? Wow, sorry for pity party here, but know you understand. What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 148215 What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 681285

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 pm

suri...
I get my meds for free from the mfg.. no generic... also Costco.. you do not need to be a member and the rx are so much less money I was shocked..
When you go to your doctor tell him/her everything.. My Doctor refills for me without visit I go 2 times a year and he works with me....
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:59 pm

PS.. When i went to the doctor without insurance and had blood work it was less then my CORBA payment was... what a waste of money I didnt really have for 18 months.. and I was going 6 times a year
corba payment 198.00 mo
Doctors and blood 90.00 blood 80.00
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Suri, I know exactly what you are saying and it makes complete and total sense. No pity party! It helps to share and to know we are not alone. I can't count how many invitations to functions I've had to turn down because of circumstances. It's humiliating ,and in my opinion bad manners on my part, that I cannot even send a small gift apologizing for not being able to attend (SOP)

Everything I learned growing up, social graces, etc. don't even come into account anymore when it comes to events/gatherings/etc.

I just don't speak with anyone anymore because I can't bear for them to know how bad things are. I even told all my friends that I keep in touch with on FB (which is just about everyone) that I'm going to "be away for a bit cuz I need a FB break" and everyone smiles and understands (little white lie, but I am just tired of turning down invitaton after invitation: the people that are gracious enough to invite, after awhile, think you are a jerk because you keep declining. so I'd rather just not be in the mix right now and save face and hold dear my friends).

we just have to get through this. I don't know how...but we do!

I know since this all started I am a much different person than I used to be. Almost every single thing I considered necessity is now in the luxury category. I am down to bare minimum survival mode.

What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 148215

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Antinous - Thank you for your kind reply! There is no greater wisdom, than kindness!! What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 780423

I'm completely with you on invites. I've always felt that true friends will understand, but can only explain sooo many times (and I'm not on FB! lol) Try to make a 'game' of living with only basics and it works --- for awhile...

Yes, UNEMP IS NOT FOR WIMPS!! Stay strong! What is the worse thing you had to give up.. Me.. My Sight - Page 2 1362819209

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 am

https://www.facebook.com/CoastalContacts.com?sk=app_159563267433134

I've seen this posted before, but since it was so popular and they gave away 10,000 pairs of glasses. It expired in March, which was too late for Judi to get glasses. Just want us to keep this in our favorites, they are for real. They may respond on their facebook to more freebies in the furture. God Bless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Judi58 wrote:Thank you for asking... A good friend gave me the 120.00 I needed to buy the box of contacts... Made the deadline for a new RX by 2 days... So I am good for 4-5 months..

I am glad your friend helped you....

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2