Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!!

+13
mistermunster
Woof
Jobless_in_Ma
Feyth
wantjob
rxfranimal
laine25
superstevies
4got10
gettheminNOVEMBER
Dazed&Confused
CA99er
Agent Smith
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 Empty HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is the meeting still on? YES. Boehner has to be in the Oval Office at the White House today at 1 p.m. As of the time I hit the PUBLISH button for this post it is ON… will update later…. Once again, there is a budget war raging in the background and political tension is high as you can see on CNN and MSNBC. Regardless, the friendship between Rep. Scott and fellow Virginian, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor will help… as will the focus of Rep. Lee.

Rep. Lee understands that if the bill is designated as an “emergency” finding funding is unnecessary. Can the White House be convinced that’s a good idea? Sources say they already have been. Did CBC Chairman Emanuel Cleaver think of this at the White House meeting last week? No… but that was then. This is now.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5237 Praying

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 Empty Re: HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!!

Post by Woof Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 pm

I dont think their clowns........ I think their elected criminals........both parties.
Woof
Woof

Back to top Go down

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 Empty Re: HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:30 pm

4got10 wrote:In the midst of severe budget cuts, government shut downs, republican resistance and, a slowly declining unemployment rate, how does anyone find the strength to continue to believe the 99ers will suddenly start receiving unemployment benefits after one year without them?

We are multiplying quickly and won't be a hidden sector of society much longer. Also, after giving tax credits to corporations on the premise of job creation, and then ignoring it for 92 days now, they have no choice. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Woof wrote:I dont think their clowns........ I think their elected criminals........both parties.

Legalized Mafia
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
We are multiplying quickly and won't be a hidden sector of society much longer. Also, after giving tax credits to corporations on the premise of job creation, and then ignoring it for 92 days now, they have no choice. Very Happy

You think? I don't.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:04 pm

You know, for 2 years now I've noticed EVERY TIME unemployment extensions come up in any form, THEY ALWAYS get DISTRACTED by something else.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
laine25 wrote:We have elected a bunch of clowns!!!!!

You mean him ------------------>>>> HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 Clown10

CLOWNS ARE SCARY!!!! Especially the Stephen King kind and DC is FULL of them!!!!
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Often on these forums I have read people get mad and say "I wont even vote in the next election! That will teach them!". This DOES NOT make any sense at all. The correct thing to do would be to vote and get the idiot out of office (whoever you dislike). Last election only 75 million people voted. Think about how many unemployed people are out there. What if every single one of them voted? That could really upset the election. Time to get the clowns out. A lot of these guys running around in politics are basically con men who conned their way to where they are. You know how madoff conned a lot of people and made billions of dollars? Thats our society today, con men get ahead while honest hard working people get left behind. We need to vote these CON MEN out of office.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:33 pm

I always vote and honesty if Reps or Dem (Obama) grant the H.R.589 I think I will vote for this party next time, because they saved my life. If it doesn't pass in the next two weeks I am Moderated anyway and can't vote anymore and wont.

Please read the forum rules regarding use of vulgarity
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Feyth wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:Can the White House be convinced that’s a good idea? Sources say they already have been. - Update from the Crew of 42!

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 168630
No matter what the naysayers say, this is hopeful news. I'd say the fact that Obama is addressing unemployment among blacks in his speech today is also hopeful. Perhaps he has been waiting to act until he had announced his 2012 presidential run.

So you're OK with Obama making the 99ers suffer for past year waiting for the right time more beneficial to him?

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm

mistermunster wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
laine25 wrote:We have elected a bunch of clowns!!!!!

You mean him ------------------>>>> HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 Clown10

CLOWNS ARE SCARY!!!! Especially the Stephen King kind and DC is FULL of them!!!!

Stephen King's clown wasn't as scary as the "Its" in DC!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

4got10 wrote:
Feyth wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:Can the White House be convinced that’s a good idea? Sources say they already have been. - Update from the Crew of 42!

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 168630
No matter what the naysayers say, this is hopeful news. I'd say the fact that Obama is addressing unemployment among blacks in his speech today is also hopeful. Perhaps he has been waiting to act until he had announced his 2012 presidential run.

So you're OK with Obama making the 99ers suffer for past year waiting for the right time more beneficial to him?

Last I knew the President doesn't make the laws, Congress does. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm

4got10 wrote:
Feyth wrote:

NO, oh man I don't know anymore, I can't clear my mind. Everyday I hope I get an invitation for an interview, but nada, nothing. And 3 out of 10 jobs I apply turning out as scams.
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Agent Smith wrote:I always vote and honesty if Reps or Dem (Obama) grant the H.R.589 I think I will vote for this party next time, because they saved my life. If it doesn't pass in the next two weeks I am Moderated anyway and can't vote anymore and wont.

How would $300.00 per week for only 14 weeks tithe you over until the 2012 elections? After the hypothetical 14 weeks expire won't you be Moderated again?

Please read the forum rules regarding vulgarities.

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:58 pm

4got10 wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:I always vote and honesty if Reps or Dem (Obama) grant the H.R.589 I think I will vote for this party next time, because they saved my life. If it doesn't pass in the next two weeks I am Moderated anyway and can't vote anymore and wont.

How would $300.00 per week for only 14 weeks tithe you over until the 2012 elections? After the hypothetical 14 weeks expire won't you be Moderated again?

Please read the forum rules regarding vulgarities.

The "hypothetical 14 weeks" would put gas in your car in the very rare case you had an interview, put food on the table (saving the gov't $200 a month in food stamps) and a roof over your head until warmer weather comes and you are forced to sleep in your car or tent. After that, if the GOP controlled House doesn't do its job and stops giving tax breaks to the rich, we are screwed. I'll bet the Tea Party members would love to see that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:36 pm

DesperateInRI
Re: The earlier topic you locked.

I’m not trying to be insulting to your nearly 600 members. I am a 99er and understand the challenges especially for the baby boomers. I’m simply trying to investigate the various underlying reasons why this particular recession is not as resilient as past recessions and most importantly, why the government appears to allow this dangerously sluggish recovery to continue and linger. I certainly understand all of the obvious reasons such as inflation, outsourcing, political decisions and inexperienced or self-serving leadership, etc.

I continue to research these determinants and could use your help. I agree with you about how deceiving government data can be and also believe there are many more job applicants jockeying for the same position than was originally reported. I also believe there are many more unemployed which the government is reporting or, aware of. Its very possible there can be as many as 20 million unemployed and underemployed workers. I think we can also both agree there might even be more than 7 million current 99ers.
This is my most important question I have for you.” WHERE ARE THEY ALL”? I have been scanning all of the appropriate web sites to collect an unofficial total of all in support for some variation of extended benefits and can only gather approximately (1000) supporters. To be honest, I find these results both dismal and mystifying. Remember this fight has been going on now for over a year, (S3706, HR3548, HR4213). I would be thrilled if you could help me with this quandary. Please note that I refuse to believe that 7 million 99ers (using the government totals) lol, have all lost access to the Internet or a some means to contact their congressperson.
Sincerely,
4got10

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 pm

A lot of people just give up instead of fighting. I think thats whats going on with most 99ers. They would rather sit back and let other people fight. Not get "involved".

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 pm

4got10
Please take your question to a PM or email as this no longer is on topic with this thread. I will notify my partner of your question.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jobless_in_Ma on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
4got10 wrote:
Feyth wrote:

Last I knew the President doesn't make the laws, Congress does. Very Happy

I think the poster I replied to was referring to the emergency paygo rules? This is one of those rare occassions when the president CAN "make the laws" and does not need congress. Very Happy

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 pm

hello wrote:A lot of people just give up instead of fighting. I think thats whats going on with most 99ers. They would rather sit back and let other people fight. Not get "involved".

You are involved by definition if you are a 99er. If you choose not to fight or vote you get what ya get thats all. Can't complain about what you did not fight for. So stand UP fight BACK and inspire others to join the fight. HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 34243
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Smith Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 pm

hello wrote:A lot of people just give up instead of fighting. I think thats whats going on with most 99ers. They would rather sit back and let other people fight. Not get "involved".

Excactly HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 780423
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:22 am

4got10 wrote:DesperateInRI
Re: The earlier topic you locked.

I’m not trying to be insulting to your nearly 600 members. I am a 99er and understand the challenges especially for the baby boomers. I’m simply trying to investigate the various underlying reasons why this particular recession is not as resilient as past recessions and most importantly, why the government appears to allow this dangerously sluggish recovery to continue and linger. I certainly understand all of the obvious reasons such as inflation, outsourcing, political decisions and inexperienced or self-serving leadership, etc.

I continue to research these determinants and could use your help. I agree with you about how deceiving government data can be and also believe there are many more job applicants jockeying for the same position than was originally reported. I also believe there are many more unemployed which the government is reporting or, aware of. Its very possible there can be as many as 20 million unemployed and underemployed workers. I think we can also both agree there might even be more than 7 million current 99ers.
This is my most important question I have for you.” WHERE ARE THEY ALL”? I have been scanning all of the appropriate web sites to collect an unofficial total of all in support for some variation of extended benefits and can only gather approximately (1000) supporters. To be honest, I find these results both dismal and mystifying. Remember this fight has been going on now for over a year, (S3706, HR3548, HR4213). I would be thrilled if you could help me with this quandary. Please note that I refuse to believe that 7 million 99ers (using the government totals) lol, have all lost access to the Internet or a some means to contact their congressperson.
Sincerely,
4got10

One way to find out where the 99ers are would be to work with the person who is trying to create a National Database to get a fairly accurate count, as well as try to organize for local rallies. This thread may provide some information you need in your research.

Good luck! It would be great to have an accurate count, however, in my opinion many have lost hope.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1228-if-you-are-a-99er-please-be-counted-to-organize-locally-with-99ers-in-your-area-to-support-hr-589

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Agent Smith wrote:

Excactly HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 780423

I wonder if the lack of participation of most 99ers is because some of them are republicans. Let’s face it, most if not all the unemployment forums typically lean left while bashing and insulting republicans, just saying!

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Gov shut dow ="s double dip recession
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by 4got10 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 pm

troycomic wrote:Gov shut dow ="s double dip recession

You said that right. Even if the shutdown only last a few days or doesn't happen at all, we still are headed into a double dip recession with gas prices on the rise. Here in Chicago some stations are already at $4.50/gal. Some of my neihbors are talking about carpooling just to go buy milk.

Last edited by 4got10 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

4got10

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:22 am

4got10 wrote:
Agent Smith wrote:

I wonder if the lack of participation of most 99ers is because some of them are republicans. Let’s face it, most if not all the unemployment forums typically lean left while bashing and insulting republicans, just saying!

These comments are amazing. What lack of participation? Sit back? WTH! IMO, 99ers have been at the forefront of this fight! We have been the most involved and have logged massive amounts of time lobbying for us all---for months. These gross generalizations are insulting and obviously uninformed and I am frankly shocked to find such comments here.

HR589 Meeting Update: Is the meeting still on? NO!! Cancelled due to Shutdown!! - Page 2 34243
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next