Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!!

+3
lendmeflight2
Jobless_in_Ma
gettheminNOVEMBER
7 posters

Go down

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! Empty Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm

They met with House Speaker John Boehner on unemployment insurance extensions for the 99ers, those who have already run out on benefits. The meeting occurred in the Speaker’s Boehner’s office started this morning at 10:30AM and ended at about 11. Arthur Delaney of Huffington Post and asked them questions as they exited… I rolled video as they left…

At the beginning of the video, you can hear Rep. Scott say that the GOP Leaders agree and understand this is an EMERGENCY!!!

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5414

Back to top Go down

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! Empty Re: Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I just watched the video and am feeling a bit more positive. I don't know about anyone else, but I do think it will happen!!!

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! 895764

Back to top Go down

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! Empty Re: Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 pm

They just tweeted they will find out details today and Friday.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:They just tweeted they will find out details today and Friday.

Looks good to me! At least Cantor and Boehner acknowledged they are aware and agree it is an EMERGENCY!!!!

Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! 468390

NOW FIND A WAY TO PAY FOR IT, DAM IT!! WE HAVE SUFFERED LONG ENOUGH!!!!!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:57 pm

I couldn't hear it very well...I heard them say that Boehner and Cantor realize the urgency but I also get the impression that they want it paid for.

I think we need to push them to find a way to pay for it. They mentioned that they need to decide if its time for the rules to change or if they should leave it as emergency...

From what I was able to hear of it, I feel very positive that they will work something out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:I couldn't hear it very well...I heard them say that Boehner and Cantor realize the urgency but I also get the impression that they want it paid for.

I think we need to push them to find a way to pay for it. They mentioned that they need to decide if its time for the rules to change or if they should leave it as emergency...

From what I was able to hear of it, I feel very positive that they will work something out.

In the 70's recession when Carter was President, there were 138 weeks (or in that area) of extended benefits. There was a break in between - it wasn't 138 weeks of consecutive benefits, I can't remember, but I think it was drawn out over several years with breaks in between. Our situation now isn't unprecedented so I am hopeful they will refer back to what they did almost 40 years ago and do it again! There were awesome jobs programs that were put into place at that time also, CETA was one of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:37 pm

This is very positive news in my opinion.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

It is amazing to me that the GOP could even win this argument.

Either there are no jobs because of the democrats so more weeks are needed OR there are jobs so the democrat plan was a success.

They can't have it both ways.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:24 pm

This just came in

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/gop-leaders-chat-unemployment-video_n_849189.html

Everything I read in

Some four million people will exhaust their unemployment benefits this year, according to a White House estimate. Yet the Lee-Scott bill is not likely to become law anytime soon, as deficit reduction has become Washington's top priority. No Democratic leaders have suggested they would support "paying for" extra benefits with budget cuts, and the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus suggested in a meeting with President Obama that the bill would be too costly.

Nevertheless, Lee and Scott pledged to plod on.

Why does Arthur Delaney always interject a NEGATIVE comment in his articles?. There's always a "BUT" in them. Not "Anytime soon", well that sure doesn't sound urgent to me. Was this meeting just a nicety from the GOPers? Sorry I'm too skeptical anymore. Their track record for BAD things, far outweighs ANY good things they have done. Judge them on their deeds, not words.

Last edited by mistermunster on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm

At least they are not giving up. Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! 457196 You know what boehner is thinking. I have to convince the teaparty to want this.??
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:35 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

At least they are not giving up. Meeting Over with GOP Leaders!!- Crew of 42 Update!!!! 457196 You know what boehner is thinking. I have to convince the teaparty to want this.??

To convince a bagger, HAHAHAHAHA! pale Well yeah, at least they are not giving up. We shall see. I just have this feeling July at the earliest if any.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Actually hes thinking this will make Obama look bad, but thats not his fault either. Things are not better, the unemployment rate is a bogus number, we all know that and they do too now.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain Droppings Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:47 pm

HuffPost article encouraging overall ... I agree w/ Herman that Arthur needs to look on the bright side of life ... http://bit.ly/1PZFft

Very Happy
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Well I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna continue pestering. I don't want Bonehead & Can't Do to think that this meeting placated us.

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:27 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
There were awesome jobs programs that were put into place at that time also, CETA was one of them.

I remember CETA. Talk about a trip down memory lane. I have a vague recollection of it and may have even had a CETA job.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down