Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment burnout - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment burnout

+27
Judi58
mscpateach
Tamy70
couth11
suri
Tawanda
lendmeflight2
wausauguy
MissRi
Arania
endlessPAIN
irishmalou
helpinghand
NY Lady
JoanB
delko
americatheneedy
js123
Sunrise
superstevies
rainer123
nfpexec
laine25
lizalphonso
503Depressed
Jobless_in_Ma
phjohan
31 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Unemployment burnout - Page 4 Empty Unemployment burnout

Post by phjohan Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

First topic message reminder :

The title says the symptom and there appears no help for recovery. There is help for AA, drugs, gamblers, however not for job seekers burnout. Even the career center appears ignorant to the problem. What do you think? No

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Unemployment burnout - Page 4 Empty Re: Unemployment burnout

Post by americatheneedy Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Sorry Arania, love the name.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Arania Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Thanks. Smile

Arania

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 pm

@Arania - I wonder what the record is? Certainly creating burnout.

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arania Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Pardon me for being blunt, phjohan, but I don't give a rat's burp what the record is. I've been looking for a job for about two years now; do you really think I'm counting rejections?

Arania

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:51 pm

@Arania - no I do not think of counting rejections. FYI - I have been out of a full time position since Aug 2007 and have gone through burnout. Rejections, after a while we just get used to them. However, no pun intended on the record.

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arania Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm

Speak for yourself. I do not get used to rejections.

Arania

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRi Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:42 pm

^ I agree. I never get any call backs so I feel with every new application I've already been rejected. As the days and weeks go on with no calls it just reaffirms that I'm not getting a call and I've been screened out.

MissRi

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Speaking of burnout - after multiple rejections, we get burnout. However, after burnout is unchartered territory finding some means to recover.

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 am

I know this is not what any of you need, a job, all I can offer you is a thank you for sharing. Just reading the short posts, I now don't feel so alone. I really appreciate the posts because I sometimes feel a bit put down with some of the being told to be positive, etc. It's very different right now in the job hunting, it seems employers are generally hiring those already employed, and most employers in turn DO NOT replace person in the the job that the person leaves.

I still apply for jobs, only a few a week now though. I feel guilty on one hand, but the reality is that for some reason, or maybe no real reason, I still remain unemployed.

I lost my job the end of March 2009 and all I have had has been a couple part time jobs. I have no paying job right now.

It's been a rough road, seems like things just don't come together.

But, again I am saying thank you for sharing, it matters.

Take Care

Last edited by wausauguy on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:49 am

wausauguy wrote:I know this is not what any of you need, a job, but thank you for sharing. Just reading the short posts, I now don't feel so alone.

I still apply for jobs, only a few a week now though. I feel guilty on one hand, but the reality is that for some reason, or maybe no real reason, I still remain unemployed.

I lost my job the end of March 2009 and all I have had has been a couple part time jobs. I have no paying job right now.

It's been a rough road, seems like things just don't come together.

But, again I am saying thank you for sharing, it matters.

Take Care

We dont need jobs? This is why we are all here. We all need jobs.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:29 am

I apologize if my post made it sound as if we do not need jobs. The point I was trying to make is that I feel like I can't say anything that you all have not already heard, and a thank you for your posts seems trite. We all need jobs, we want to be hired. I am so tired of applying... calling and being basically told, we will contact you.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 pm

If it was NOT for the need of income, with the mess of Coporate America today, I really would care less if I never went back. With no equity building and zero loyalty, what is really rewarding today about working for Corp America? Other than a paycheck to survive on. Which certainly is critical. Pretty pathetic its come to this.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Surprisingly, a recruiter and a hiring manager asked, "why do you want to work?" To both I explained briefly, economics. I could have stated, "you know some banks are not willing to lend loans at 0% or do not like to be robbed. A bad adventure."

There is something to think about. There exists a graph called a job line and a people line. At one point, the will be more jobs than people. This is a Bureau of Labor Statistic. The year will be 2012. FYI.

FYI: Althougth not receiving income, a person is qualified for WIA through the career center. If done early enough, another good way toward extending benefits. Check out the career center and ask for WIA or Training Benefits and use the benefits to your advantage. Good luck.

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 pm

phjohan wrote:Surprisingly, a recruiter and a hiring manager asked, "why do you want to work?" To both I explained briefly, economics. I could have stated, "you know some banks are not willing to lend loans at 0% or do not like to be robbed. A bad adventure."

There is something to think about. There exists a graph called a job line and a people line. At one point, the will be more jobs than people. This is a Bureau of Labor Statistic. The year will be 2012. FYI.

FYI: Althougth not receiving income, a person is qualified for WIA through the career center. If done early enough, another good way toward extending benefits. Check out the career center and ask for WIA or Training Benefits and use the benefits to your advantage. Good luck.

I hope that forecast comes true, phjohan. This sounds radically different from anything I've heard in recent memory, though. Do you have a link for that? I would really welcome some good news. Is it a forecast for jobs in the US or globally?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:36 am

@JoanB - I received the information from a networking group where the topic was the hidden job market. Within the presentation, one of the slides mentions the topic. From my research on population demographics, that is - the change in population characteristics, when one combines the change in baby boomers with the effects of birth control, then I presume something will happen. Baby boomer years are from 1946-1964. Birth control took effect at 1964. Thus, adding 40 to the years yields some data.

In any event, check out this person: Mark James; current source.
Presumed info from BLS and change in demographics.

http://www.theboardroomlajolla.org/boardroom/sites/default/files/Flyer_20110208_UncoverHiddenJobMarket_MarkJames.pdf

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 am

I just feel so defeated. So worthless. I spent most of the day at a chamboer of commerce business expo, doing the supposed networking. And my day ended with me exploding to a friend, he partly provoked it, but I am better than this. I think I am beyond burnout.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 am

Just try and take it easy Wausauguy, I know how you feel. We go to these moronic networking meetings and don't find anyone to network with. Unless I want to sell weight loss candy or anti-spyware software on commission then I am better off watching Jerry Springer at home.

Days like these make me want to blow up too, it's not really your fault.

BTW, are you from Wausau Wi? I lived there for a year. I lived in that big Apartment building on Scott St. I can't remember what it was called off the top of my head.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am

Hang in there. Easier said than done. Beyond burnout is correct, however I think we are in unchartered territory.

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 am

lendmeflight At first my mind was blank on the apartments, another sign of being beyond burnout Smile, but duh you are referring to the Landmark Building I am sure, it's still there with the Peking restaurant. They now also have a big hotel downtown with a fancy restaurant "Jefferson Inn." Wausau has had lots of new building, but we have lost so so many jobs. The biggest employers are now $8 hour, and even those seem to be near impossible to get. I dont get into tv, especially not into Springer. I think the only constant is my listening to Coast to Coast am radio with George Noorey.
phjohan I think you are so right, the unemployment situation is very much unchartered territory, wish that offered some security.
As for the networking, I think I did well, I had a few good conversations, but none got to me sneaking a resume in. The business expo was good, but it was really more about
the businesses patting each other on the back, it was made clear at some booths if you don't have a business card, don't come here. Boy, I sure am negative right now. I sure wish I could snap out of this.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 am

Hey Wausauguy,

I was being sarcastic about the springer, I was just comparing it's usefulness to networking for the most part.

You are right, The Landmark. I loved living there and eating at the peking in the lobby. It reminded me of the way things used to be like in 1940's era America. That building is full of crazy people too, it was awesome and always entertaining. I wouldn't move back to Wausau but I do miss the landmark building.

Just stick with us and we will all stick together and try to get through this bro.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Fri May 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Seems to me that something is not adding up with the unemployment statistics. But, all I need is a job, so I will not dwell on the statistics.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Unemployment burnout - Page 4 Empty Battle Fatigue

Post by Tawanda Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

I've expressed extreme burnout myself. I've been unemployed (for full-time, benefited work) since January 2010. I'm so tired of trying to figure out new ways to tell someone downwind (in a black hole?) why I'd be the best one for the job. Additionally, I am sick of my resume' and cover letter, extensive job application with TONS of essay questions not being enough. There are only so many of these things I can stand to fill out.

Anyway, my therapist as likened it to battle fatigue. It's so true too. I know there are those who wonder how I possibly have gone this long with NOTHING (aside from a temp job). I'd love to know the answer too!

I'm now at that time where I am flipping everything on its head and going to get training for 2 mo in the HOPES I can land a $10/hour (less than half of my normal hourly) that is shift work. For some reason my resume' and experience just aren't good enough to even get a foot in the door. Yet one of my biggest pet peeves is people (on Facebook) complaining about their job (at Kaiser Permanente, no less) and how they can't wait for the weekend/yet another vacation/next meal. These people have NO clue what true uncertainty is. Even networking hasn't worked.

Truly unprecedented in my lifetime.

Tawanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Welcome Towanda, If you are the same one I know of, LONG TIME NO SEE.

Do tell? Whats been going on?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Wed May 11, 2011 12:15 am

Tawanda, Thanks for sharing. It is very hard putting out effort, and not seeing a full-time job come to fruition. I do think battle fatigue is really what we are dealing with but a different situation.

I totally understand how the people complaining about small things about their job really does bother me as well. I also think some who have jobs have their own challenges, some people I know are so afraid of losing their job, and especially their benefits. I think it is a little easier to still have a job, but I think their concerns are just as important as those of us without the security of healh insurance etc.

My feeling is that the whole job market is now so mean spirited, and so not about helping people make a life but rather making the people we work for richer. I know this is not a positive view... but I have a right to my opinions.

Take Care

John

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed May 11, 2011 12:57 am

it's really always been that way. It's just obvious now. I have many, many, years experience in retail and I just applied for a part time retail jon paying $8 and hour and never got a call back. They won't get a better deal than me, someone they don't have to train that will work for nothing.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next