Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Are unemployment rates really going down? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Are unemployment rates really going down?

4 posters

Go down

Are unemployment rates really going down? Empty Are unemployment rates really going down?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:59 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Are unemployment rates really going down? Empty Re: Are unemployment rates really going down?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am

Are unemployment rates really going down? 98897 NO! Around here, they are going UP! I see it with my own eyes!

Back to top Go down

Are unemployment rates really going down? Empty Re: Are unemployment rates really going down?

Post by chopthis91 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 am

Donald Trump was on Letterman tonight and said unemployment is 21% plus he said America is no longer a leader in the world (like anyone with half a brain couldn't figure that one out!!). He said it's a shame that this is happening while in the meantime he's rolling around in his billions.

So, in my opinion most everything the government is telling us is a lie or it's so distorted and jumbled you don't know what parts to believe or not believe. Can't trust anyone in our government to tell us the straight truth and the sad part is none of them have any answers to this national tragedy.

BLeep
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:06 am

Unemployment rates are calculated differently than they have been in the past for political purposes. Once an individual exhausts all available benefits, he/she is no longer considered unemployed!! Also, these statistics do not consider the people who weren't eligible for benefits in the first place nor do they have any way of telling how many people are underemployed, i.e., either unable to obtain full time and/or overqualified but working to keep a roof over their head. In addition, many independent contractors are not eligible for the program. Apparently, they do polling to figure out other labor statistics - anyone here ever been polled? I've never been and I doubt any of us have - we've become dust in the wind. It doesn't look good for the U.S. to report unemployment realistically.

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 am

sbraney wrote:Unemployment rates are calculated differently than they have been in the past for political purposes. Once an individual exhausts all available benefits, he/she is no longer considered unemployed!! Also, these statistics do not consider the people who weren't eligible for benefits in the first place nor do they have any way of telling how many people are underemployed, i.e., either unable to obtain full time and/or overqualified but working to keep a roof over their head. In addition, many independent contractors are not eligible for the program. Apparently, they do polling to figure out other labor statistics - anyone here ever been polled? I've never been and I doubt any of us have - we've become dust in the wind. It doesn't look good for the U.S. to report unemployment realistically.

Although you bring up some good points,as far as manipulation of the numbers maybe justified, it has been done this way for a long time or maybe to state it clearer it was not this administration that came up with the way unemployment was calculated that has been in place for some time.So in closing the Gov. has been in the manipulation buisness for a long time.

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:18 am

Although you bring up some good points, as far as manipulation of the numbers may be justified, it has been done this way for a long time ... the Gov. has been in the manipulation business for a long time.

I agree with you - don't know when it got started, but do know that it was used in the last administration as well - I'm sure Clinton tried to make his administration look good too. The three Harvard geniuses that have been responsible for so much corruption and turmoil (Greenspan, Rubin & Summers) were instrumental in formulating his economic agenda. They're all such a bunch of corrupt gangsters it is beyond belief. It's also interesting that recent administrations also spend billions on marketing firms to spew their filth or as they say, spin their snake oil. Take a gander at this: http://www.shadowstats.com/

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down