Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
January 2021
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar


*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Carol in CA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:10 am

Dear 99ers:

There are currently 75 Democrat co-sponsors of H.R. 589.

And not one Republican has committed to co-sponsor this bill.

Yet in the House of Representatives there are 193 Democrats and 242 Republicans.

So 75 Democrat cosponsors is a drop in the bucket.

So besides contacting our Republican representatives we need to still work on the Democrats as well.

This is our one chance to get extended unemployment benefits for the 99ers.

Lets not blow this chance.

Lets put every effort into contacting both our Democrat and Republican Congressmen and urge them to cosponsor this bill.

And don't forget the Speaker of the House Boehner. www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Remember Reps Barbara Lee and Bobby Scott requested our help to get their bill passed in the House.

Once it passes the House and goes to the Senate it will be a whole new ball game there with the Democrats in the majority in the Senate.

The hardest battle is getting support for this bill in the House were the majority are Republicans.

So please keep contacting your Congressmen.

We must not let up if we want to win this fight for unemployment benefits.

Below is the link to the site that lists the contact info for every Congressman.

Member Web Site Listing (by State) - United States House of ... United States House of Representatives. return to welcome page. 112th Congress, 1st Session Washington, DC 20515 | (202) 224-3121 | TTY: (202) 225-1904 ...

www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml - Cached - Similar

Carol in CA
Member

Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 am

We need everyone to contact their Representative and urge them to demand that Rep. Lee find the offsets for this bill so that it can get passed. Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by tiffg2011 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 am

this is my goal for today Smile

tiffg2011
Member

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:45 am

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 938557

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

HR 589 Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011
Sponsor: Representative Barbara Lee [D-CA]
Co-Sponsors: 75
Referred to the House Ways & Means Committee February 9, 2011


To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=112

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Use our Congress.org widget to find your Senators and Representatives! Just type in your zipcode and all the contact information you need will be available!


Make your voice heard - click on the Pop Vox widget and vote! Legislators and their aides use this tool to listen to what their constituents want!

The number of Co-sponsors is now at 75 - contact your Republican Reps and tell them to sign on!

We will not be forgotten again! Keep contacting today, tomorrow and until they bring it to the Floor!



_________________________________________________________________________________________

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor
Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/

Other important contact information for HR 589 - Make your voices heard!


http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
www.House.gov
www.senate.gov
www.whitehouse.gov
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/Contact/
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 671705

Congress on Twitter:

http://www.arrghpaine.com/house-reps-on-twitter

also....

@SpeakerBoehner John Boehner
@GOPLeader Eric Cantor
@BarackObama President Obama
@NancyPelosi Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
@WhipHoyer Minority Whip Steny Hoyer
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 758924
Contact David Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee at:

http://camp.house.gov/Contact/

You can use the following cities and zip codes:

Traverse City, MI 49684 - 2299 (If address is needed: 121 East Front St.)

Midland, MI 48640 -5105 (If address is needed: 135 Ashman St.)

Republican Representatives from 4 of the 5 States with the Highest Unemployment Rates:
**RI is in the Top 5 - Both Reps are Democrats**

http://www.gop.gov/member/dean-heller

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/CA

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/FL

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/MI

Information and Articles regarding HR 589 from the Crew of 42

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4399
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4962
http://lee.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=57&parentid=35&sectiontree=&itemid=23073
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4447
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4878

Additional Information:


See this thread for the current list of HR 589 Co-sponsors:
https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t181p60-99ers-need-your-help-today-tommorrow-and-until-hr589-is-passed#5276

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243


Last edited by DesperateInRI on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:16 pm

OMG !!! I have made my voice so heard that I lost my voice! This is becoming a JOKE!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 73

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:24 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:OMG !!! I have made my voice so heard that I lost my voice! This is becoming a JOKE!

Have you voted your opinion using our PopVox tool yet? This information goes directly to Congress to let them know what the American people think are the important issues of the day.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by superstevies on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Can we vote more than once on PopVox???? I thought about doing it over and over but figure that it only counts once.

I'm gett'n tempted to get out the phone book and start making things up....LOL (this is a joke..not being serious)
superstevies
superstevies
Member

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-23
Location : Rncho Cucamga, CA

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Everyone please participate it very well could be our last chance.

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions. *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 780423
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 46
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Popvox, cast your votes please. I am contacting every Democrat who is not yet a co-sponsor. I am contacting every Republican, telling our story and asking for support.

I know some are tired and hoarse, but this is a cause worthy of being tired and hoarse. It's help for our future. We need benefits and we need JOBS!!

Please help.

Thank you Carol for the update *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:44 am

DesperateInRI wrote:HR 589 Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011
Sponsor: Representative Barbara Lee [D-CA]
Co-Sponsors: 75
Referred to the House Ways & Means Committee February 9, 2011


To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=112

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Use our Congress.org widget to find your Senators and Representatives! Just type in your zipcode and all the contact information you need will be available!


Make your voice heard - click on the Pop Vox widget and vote! Legislators and their aides use this tool to listen to what their constituents want!

The number of Co-sponsors is now at 75 - contact your Republican Reps and tell them to sign on!

We will not be forgotten again! Keep contacting today, tomorrow and until they bring it to the Floor!



_________________________________________________________________________________________

Contact Information for Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor
Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/

Other important contact information for HR 589 - Make your voices heard!


http://www.democraticleader.gov/contact Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader
www.House.gov
www.senate.gov
www.whitehouse.gov
http://waysandmeans.house.gov/Contact/
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 671705

Congress on Twitter:

http://www.arrghpaine.com/house-reps-on-twitter

also....

@SpeakerBoehner John Boehner
@GOPLeader Eric Cantor
@BarackObama President Obama
@NancyPelosi Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
@WhipHoyer Minority Whip Steny Hoyer
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 758924
Contact David Camp, Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee at:

http://camp.house.gov/Contact/

You can use the following cities and zip codes:

Traverse City, MI 49684 - 2299 (If address is needed: 121 East Front St.)

Midland, MI 48640 -5105 (If address is needed: 135 Ashman St.)

Republican Representatives from 4 of the 5 States with the Highest Unemployment Rates:
**RI is in the Top 5 - Both Reps are Democrats**

http://www.gop.gov/member/dean-heller

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/CA

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/FL

http://www.gop.gov/contact/members/MI

Information and Articles regarding HR 589 from the Crew of 42

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4399
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4962
http://lee.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=57&parentid=35&sectiontree=&itemid=23073
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4447
http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4878

Additional Information:


See this thread for the current list of HR 589 Co-sponsors:
https://unemployed-friends.forumotion.com/t181p60-99ers-need-your-help-today-tommorrow-and-until-hr589-is-passed#5276

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=589&congress=

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Ue_rib12

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

***NOTE***


This week the House of Representatives are holding "District Work Sessions". They are not on "break"! District Work Sessions give Congress an opportunity to return to their home districts and be available for the people they represent. Don't stop contacting them this week! Email and call their local office, make an appointment to meet with them or their Case Aides! Watch for events hosted by your Representatives in your district and attend! This week is a perfect opportunity to speak to your Representative personally! Take advantage of it!

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 450627 *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 66067 *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 671705
*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, because HR 589 is dying a slow death and seems to be losing priority in Senator Lee's issue bin... http://lee.congressnewsletter.net/common/mailings/index.cfm?sniv=2100070170.200256.126.2

Can you afford to lose?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:59 pm

This is an article dated 3/10/2011....some of you may have already seen it. It shows that Rep Lee IS still working on the bill and needs our help to get Republicans such as Rep. Dave Camp to give the bill the attention it needs. We must keep contacting him, Speaker Boehner, etc.

"Rep. Lee believes that time is of the essence to help millions of America’s neediest and most vulnerable workers who are experiencing a true state of emergency. She remains committed to exhausting every available option to pass emergency benefits for the long-term unemployed as quickly as possible and is hopeful that Republicans agree to meet with her and Rep. Bobby Scott to discuss how to finance these benefits," said her spokesman Joel Payne.

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/03/republican_leaders_have_yet_to_respond_t.html


Last edited by Sick & Tired on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add link to article)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by tiffg2011 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:15 pm

i have requested a meeting with my rep. hopefully it will be next week.

tiffg2011
Member

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-03-15

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:19 pm

tiffg2011 wrote:i have requested a meeting with my rep. hopefully it will be next week.

Excellent!! Good luck *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 938557

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:This is an article dated 3/10/2011....some of you may have already seen it. It shows that Rep Lee IS still working on the bill and needs our help to get Republicans such as Rep. Dave Camp to give the bill the attention it needs. We must keep contacting him, Speaker Boehner, etc.

"Rep. Lee believes that time is of the essence to help millions of America’s neediest and most vulnerable workers who are experiencing a true state of emergency. She remains committed to exhausting every available option to pass emergency benefits for the long-term unemployed as quickly as possible and is hopeful that Republicans agree to meet with her and Rep. Bobby Scott to discuss how to finance these benefits," said her spokesman Joel Payne.

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/03/republican_leaders_have_yet_to_respond_t.html

Rep. Lee, what action or progress has been made since March 10th?
Rep. Lee, why are so many democrats yet to sign on?
Rep. Lee, is there a time limitation for Rep. Camp to respond to your request and requests in general?

Rep. Camp, why have you not responded to Rep. Lee?
Rep. Camp, what date can we expect your response to Rep. Lee?
Rep. Camp, is someone holding you back from this response or is this
lack of response entirely your decision and do you know what daily
consequences this lack of duty has had?
Rep. Camp, what criteria do you use to determine the swiftness of your responses?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 am

X Guess you way is the better way of asking questions. I guess the important thing is the answers! I am sure they will all be the same!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 73

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Really? on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:02 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:X Guess you way is the better way of asking questions. I guess the important thing is the answers! I am sure they will all be the same!

I would be glad to hear some answers or just anything on this. Indifference speaks volumes, loudly!
Really?
Really?
Member

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:42 am

Please all Members, contact all Democrats who have not co-sponsored. Contact all Republicans urging them to help. Send the 99er letter, send our letter with the signatures, get more signatures, tell them your story.

This is not a time to give up. Most news is in Libya and Japan, we are still here. Make your voices heard. We've been doing it, we have to keep doing it. Contact your States' Reps. and Senators if you can't do more. Write your Governor. Do whatever you can. *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by fred15 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:10 pm

We need to convey to the Democratic co-sponsors (specifically Reps Lee and Scott) that they must determine specific offsets (unused stimulus funds, cuts from other parts of the budget, etc.) and present them to Ways and Means, Republican House leadership, and other members of Congress. Republicans in both the House and Senate have adamantly and repeatedly stated that any unemployment extension needs to be offset. This proclamation was even made prior to being voted as the majority in the House and with the results of the November election, they undoubtedly feel it is their mandate to control deficit spending by not imposing additional, unpaid costs. Yes, I am ware of the illogic of extending the lower incremental percentages of the highest marginal tax rate as well as the multiplier effect of the unemployment extension providing the country more money as explained by expert economists.

The letter written a week or two ago by Rep Lee that may or may not have been received by Speaker Boehner (how is that possible?) was a good start, but it is necessary to take the next step taking further initiative by enumerating offsets. This will force the Republicans to make a definitive statement on supporting these extensions without hiding behind their mantra of not supporting this bill because of the paygo feature. Remember, there was a necessary compromise in extending the first 4 tiers through 2011 by agreeing to the tax extension in December. In addition, bills such as S 3706 could not overcome filibuster in a majority Democratic Senate because the Republicans refused to accept the additional weeks in the form of emergency spending.

The Dems are not the party in power in the House anymore. They have to make some concessions to get this life saving piece of legislation through and this must be communicated to them during "constituent week" so HR 589 can be viably discussed on the floor next week.


Last edited by fred15 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar, clarity)

fred15
Member

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 pm

X wrote:Yes, because HR 589 is dying a slow death and seems to be losing priority in Senator Lee's issue bin... http://lee.congressnewsletter.net/common/mailings/index.cfm?sniv=2100070170.200256.126.2

Can you afford to lose?



Maybe this is the way I should have answered or commented! But now I have a ton of strikes.. Woe is me!

exhaustedandtired/1208
Member

Posts : 863
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 73

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Kathy on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 pm

What I wonder is why Lee cant just get on the phone and call Boehner to follow up on her letter.

Boehner will probably use the excuse "I havent seen the letter yet" for as long as he can milk it. Our government has gotten really good at ignoring what they dont want to deal with.

Maybe we should all call Boehner's office and tell him to read the freaking letter!
Kathy
Kathy
Member

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:44 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
X wrote:Yes, because HR 589 is dying a slow death and seems to be losing priority in Senator Lee's issue bin... http://lee.congressnewsletter.net/common/mailings/index.cfm?sniv=2100070170.200256.126.2

Can you afford to lose?



Maybe this is the way I should have answered or commented! But now I have a ton of strikes.. Woe is me!

1208, I only suggested a few questions. The main approach, I believe by now, would be short and simple. They all know the background by now and there's not a real need to expand on what's been covered over and over.

I'm sure whatever you've asked in the past is fine. I'm not sure what the strikes are you mention, but thank you for anything you can do. This coming week is so important that we shake their tree to prepare for the next week.

1208, thank you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:45 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
X wrote:Yes, because HR 589 is dying a slow death and seems to be losing priority in Senator Lee's issue bin... http://lee.congressnewsletter.net/common/mailings/index.cfm?sniv=2100070170.200256.126.2

Can you afford to lose?



Maybe this is the way I should have answered or commented! But now I have a ton of strikes.. Woe is me!

1208, take positive steps, not negative. The questions X suggested posing to the Reps. were perfect. Email them with your questions, tell them we need this now, ask them what they are waiting for. Sitting back and being negative is not going to move this bill forward. There is contact information in the original posts in order for you to write to everyone involved to get this bill passed. Every letter, phone call or tweet helps. Please direct your frustrations to them. They need to hear it. We are all as frustrated and impatient as you are, but we direct it to our legislators, not our members.

Please help us. We all have something to gain from this! *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! 34243

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

*Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589! Empty Re: *Update 3/18/11* New Action Needed by 99ers to help pass H.R. 589!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum