Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

+8
Worrier
Maggie Mae
ET
Sunrise
cps70
gonzofl
jj
chopthis91
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 Empty Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's right ...the Republican led Florida legislature is proposing even more restrictions to those who (in the future) will lose there jobs in the current, very dismal Florida job market. How? By reducing state funded benefits (first time filings) from 26 to 20 weeks, require skills testing to qualify, and forcing someone to take a job that pays LESS than the benefits would. These restrictions are being considered in a state where the unemployment rate is 12% and benefit amounts are already some of the lowest in the country. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE ALREADY ON UI.

NO other state in the union has a state funded 20 weeks (they are all 26). NO other state requires skills testing. FEW states pay as low as Florida does already. This is all coming from that criminal Governor Rick Scott and with a Republican majority in the legislature this proposal could really happen.

http://l.wbx.me/l/?p=1&instId=96fe2678-90a4-4f3a-b33b-274faca0728e&token=4a7f83446b3665c16d8fdd53d9756f3e8eac1b180000012e883d3247&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26fd%3DR%26usg%3DAFQjCNGmhWA3Ge7e-irWBSuZGxwHLbXCog%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.sun-sentinel.com%2Fbusiness%2Fcareers%2Fask-marcia%2Fsfl-unemployment-benefits-bill-this-week%2C0%2C2785985.story

Last edited by chopthis91 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Injeun wrote:Sounds like this attack against Governor Scott is more partisan than thoughtfull. Maybe from disgruntled Alex Sink supporters? I mean when everything that a new Governor does is immediately felled upon, criticized and condemned...and the Governor himself is called a criminal. It doesn't sound like a reasoned response. It sounds like sour grapes from a lost election. Granted, unemployment issues affect us regardless of our party affiliation. But I don't see how a reduction in length of benefits makes the Governor out to get us. Now if one said that he or she thinks that the Governor should raise the unemployment tax for businessmen instead of shorteneing unemployment benefits, that would be a logical debate. And it is a matter of judgment. But to call the Governor a criminal, and impugn his character so as to somehow discredit his judgment is a sleight of hand more indicative of criminality than name calling.

I thought people were referring to his business dealings when they mentioned criminal activity. His company was involved in health care and was, I believe, accused of overcharging. Someone who is more in the know can fill in the blanks. Legitimate accusations of wrongful business dealings are not partisan.

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 4 Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:14 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:At least Rep. Weiner has a spine! Did you see the video of the day today? It is great! He should be giving President Obama some lessons on how to speak to the Republicans, who walk all over him.

This guy is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. He was on the John Stewart show last week. It was a good interview.

I don't normally keep track of names of many politicians, but my favorites currently, Rep. Weiner, Sherrod Brown and Feingold (he wasn't re-elected, but he's still a favorite).

Back to top Go down

Post by Injeun Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:03 am

JaneWI wrote:
Injeun wrote:Sounds like this attack against Governor Scott is more partisan than thoughtfull. Maybe from disgruntled Alex Sink supporters? I mean when everything that a new Governor does is immediately felled upon, criticized and condemned...and the Governor himself is called a criminal. It doesn't sound like a reasoned response. It sounds like sour grapes from a lost election. Granted, unemployment issues affect us regardless of our party affiliation. But I don't see how a reduction in length of benefits makes the Governor out to get us. Now if one said that he or she thinks that the Governor should raise the unemployment tax for businessmen instead of shorteneing unemployment benefits, that would be a logical debate. And it is a matter of judgment. But to call the Governor a criminal, and impugn his character so as to somehow discredit his judgment is a sleight of hand more indicative of criminality than name calling.

I thought people were referring to his business dealings when they mentioned criminal activity. His company was involved in health care and was, I believe, accused of overcharging. Someone who is more in the know can fill in the blanks. Legitimate accusations of wrongful business dealings are not partisan.

Well there's no charge, no crime and no conviction. Nevertheless, his political adversaries accuse him anyway as if that were enough to discredit his judgment on the issue of, for instance, unemployment insurance without their ever having addressed the actual issue themselves. So they make an unsubstantiated accusation and then ignore the issue at hand. It's pure partisan. Wanna bet they voted for Alex Sink? BTW I think Sink would have made a good Governor too.....different but good. I almost voted for her because I liked her position on illegal immigration.
Injeun
Injeun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 am

Injeun wrote:Well there's no charge, no crime and no conviction. Nevertheless, his political adversaries accuse him anyway as if that were enough to discredit his judgment on the issue of, for instance, unemployment insurance without their ever having addressed the actual issue themselves. So they make an unsubstantiated accusation and then ignore the issue at hand. It's pure partisan. Wanna bet they voted for Alex Sink? BTW I think Sink would have made a good Governor too.....different but good. I almost voted for her because I liked her position on illegal immigration.

Rick Scott wasn't personally charged with a crime. He resigned from this company in 1997 during the middle of the investigation. Three executives were charged with criminal activity. Two were convicted and later overturned. The company he started did plead guilty to 14 felonies.

"Fraud allegations dominate new Democat ad attacking Rick Scott
Scott resigned in the middle of the federal investigation in July 1997. Scott said he wanted to fight the federal government accusations; the corporate board of Columbia/HCA wanted to settle, and did. In 2000, the company pleaded guilty to at least 14 corporate felonies and agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines and civil damages and penalties. The company agreed to further settlements in 2002, paying an additional $881 million in fines."

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2010/oct/12/florida-democratic-party/fraud-allegations-dominate-new-democat-ad-attackin/

Back to top Go down

Post by Injeun Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 am

JaneWI wrote:
Injeun wrote:Well there's no charge, no crime and no conviction. Nevertheless, his political adversaries accuse him anyway as if that were enough to discredit his judgment on the issue of, for instance, unemployment insurance without their ever having addressed the actual issue themselves. So they make an unsubstantiated accusation and then ignore the issue at hand. It's pure partisan. Wanna bet they voted for Alex Sink? BTW I think Sink would have made a good Governor too.....different but good. I almost voted for her because I liked her position on illegal immigration.

Rick Scott wasn't personally charged with a crime. He resigned from this company in 1997 during the middle of the investigation. Three executives were charged with criminal activity. Two were convicted and later overturned. The company he started did plead guilty to 14 felonies.

"Fraud allegations dominate new Democat ad attacking Rick Scott
Scott resigned in the middle of the federal investigation in July 1997. Scott said he wanted to fight the federal government accusations; the corporate board of Columbia/HCA wanted to settle, and did. In 2000, the company pleaded guilty to at least 14 corporate felonies and agreed to pay $840 million in criminal fines and civil damages and penalties. The company agreed to further settlements in 2002, paying an additional $881 million in fines."

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2010/oct/12/florida-democratic-party/fraud-allegations-dominate-new-democat-ad-attackin/

With all those bombs going off, some remain furious that Scott made it thru. I'm more concerned with who the President is, than I am with who the Governor isn't.
Injeun
Injeun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4