Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

+8
Worrier
Maggie Mae
ET
Sunrise
cps70
gonzofl
jj
chopthis91
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 Empty Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by chopthis91 Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

That's right ...the Republican led Florida legislature is proposing even more restrictions to those who (in the future) will lose there jobs in the current, very dismal Florida job market. How? By reducing state funded benefits (first time filings) from 26 to 20 weeks, require skills testing to qualify, and forcing someone to take a job that pays LESS than the benefits would. These restrictions are being considered in a state where the unemployment rate is 12% and benefit amounts are already some of the lowest in the country. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THOSE ALREADY ON UI.

NO other state in the union has a state funded 20 weeks (they are all 26). NO other state requires skills testing. FEW states pay as low as Florida does already. This is all coming from that criminal Governor Rick Scott and with a Republican majority in the legislature this proposal could really happen.

http://l.wbx.me/l/?p=1&instId=96fe2678-90a4-4f3a-b33b-274faca0728e&token=4a7f83446b3665c16d8fdd53d9756f3e8eac1b180000012e883d3247&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2Fnews%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26fd%3DR%26usg%3DAFQjCNGmhWA3Ge7e-irWBSuZGxwHLbXCog%26url%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.sun-sentinel.com%2Fbusiness%2Fcareers%2Fask-marcia%2Fsfl-unemployment-benefits-bill-this-week%2C0%2C2785985.story

Last edited by chopthis91 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by Maggie Mae Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:31 am

When I had a flight into Miami, gosh, some 15 years ago. I felt weird that the intercom at the airport was first announced in Spanish, them English? I was in a panic as I thought I landed in the wrong place! Very Happy
Maggie Mae
Maggie Mae

Back to top Go down

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 Empty Re: Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American

Post by Worrier Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 am

Maggie Mae wrote:When I had a flight into Miami, gosh, some 15 years ago. I felt weird that the intercom at the airport was first announced in Spanish, them English? I was in a panic as I thought I landed in the wrong place! Very Happy

You have got to be kidding right?
Worrier
Worrier

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:35 am

Why are the people in this country so worried about hearing Spanish or any other language they don't understand?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:26 am

1.1 million Floridians are officially unemployed which equates to 11.9% unemployment. if you add in the under employed,the marginally employed and the ones that have given up,it equates to 20% unemployed. These are Florida AWI's latest figures. Years ago it was stated that Florida would be one of the last states to recover from this unemployment tsunami....but yet the GOP legislature and the teabag gov. want to shave off 6 weeks of income. Do they have any inkling on how that 6 weeks of benefits will generate in lost revenue to the state and to the business's in the state? Forget the job creation excuse,that is an absolute lie. Business's will sit on any savings like a chicken on it's egg.

If you figure the average weekly benefits of those 1.1 million unemployed....let's use $245 as an average figure,take that by 6 weeks times $245 and you get $1450. Now take that time 1.1 million. My Dollar Store calculator won't compute that high,but revenue loss looks to be over a billion dollars. My total could be wrong,but none the less,the lost money would keep many of the unemployed in Ramen Noodles for a long time.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:45 pm

gonzofl wrote:1.1 million Floridians are officially unemployed which equates to 11.9% unemployment. if you add in the under employed,the marginally employed and the ones that have given up,it equates to 20% unemployed. These are Florida AWI's latest figures. Years ago it was stated that Florida would be one of the last states to recover from this unemployment tsunami....but yet the GOP legislature and the teabag gov. want to shave off 6 weeks of income. Do they have any inkling on how that 6 weeks of benefits will generate in lost revenue to the state and to the business's in the state? Forget the job creation excuse,that is an absolute lie. Business's will sit on any savings like a chicken on it's egg.

If you figure the average weekly benefits of those 1.1 million unemployed....let's use $245 as an average figure,take that by 6 weeks times $245 and you get $1450. Now take that time 1.1 million. My Dollar Store calculator won't compute that high,but revenue loss looks to be over a billion dollars. My total could be wrong,but none the less,the lost money would keep many of the unemployed in Ramen Noodles for a long time.

I hear you gonzofl but fortunately the "good news" out of this CRIME is that it will not apply to people already receiving benefits including EUC and EB. For those who are laid off or fired in the future though this bill takes effect. Also...it is going to be more difficult to qualify for benefits (don't have the details on that but I'm sure it will be bad). Additionally...Scott and the Republican dominated legislative body are going after teachers full tilt. Now they are planning to go after the unions!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/republican-led-florida-legislature-going-after-unions/1156536

Florida is rapidly becoming Un-American - Page 2 681285
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Your right Chopthis,that is the only bit of good news. I pity the future Floridians who apply for benefits. From what I understand,in regards to making it harder for the unemployed to receive benefits,the state will more or less flip flop the burden of proof to the employee in cases of "misconduct" which is by far employers favorite reasoning behind any termination. At a 22% application for UC benefit approval rate,I can't imagine how much harder this will make it.....but I'm sure the horror stories will be forth coming.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 pm

gonzofl wrote:Your right Chopthis,that is the only bit of good news. I pity the future Floridians who apply for benefits. From what I understand,in regards to making it harder for the unemployed to receive benefits,the state will more or less flip flop the burden of proof to the employee in cases of "misconduct" which is by far employers favorite reasoning behind any termination. At a 22% application for UC benefit approval rate,I can't imagine how much harder this will make it.....but I'm sure the horror stories will be forth coming.

In my situation I was fired for being "rude" and was refused benefits because of misconduct HOWEVER...I hired an attorney and after discussing the case he said in no way was it misconduct and eventually I won in the hearing. I also appealed to COBRA for the ARRA reduction which I had been denied and won that also. Talk about stressful!!

Back to misconduct. Companies are easy to claim misconduct but by law they need to be careful as the law states that stealing, fighting, insubordination, purposely damaging property, sexual harassment, or breaking other known company policies are considered misconduct.

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

I was also discharged for misconduct. The true legal definition of misconduct,which AWI has to use,is difficult for employers to prove and of course left them with that burden. I had to go through 2 appeals,one via a 3 way phone conference and won,of course the jerk I had worked for appealed it again,and I won again. He declined to take it to the last level because that would have cost him money.

Misconduct is the most recognized claim that employers use against employees. From my research and as a general rule of law,the appeals process in Florida is geared more toward the plaintiff than the appellant. This is probably the way Florida is going to try and make it more difficult to gain UC benefits.....they will shift the burden of proof. Will this be legal? Time will tell....no law is a law till it's put through the tests of the court system. Allot of eyes will be on Florida in regards to this bill. If it flies here,I expect more states will be jumping on the band wagon. When will the states and the feds realize they are going after the wrong group of people? They go after the weak and poor because they do not have the resources to fight back....Bastards!!
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 pm

We can't fight the establishment by ourselves but in numbers we may be able to make some headway. Unfortunately for us in Florida there isn't even a recall law to remove Scott and other Republicans from office. This makes no sense to me at all. This state is so backwards!!! They just had the criminal Rick Scott on tv. He's down here in S FL talking about cutting state programs (programs that aid the middle class and poor of course). He said the state needs to be run like a business! You can't run government like a business! I can honestly say that I HATE this man! What do we do?
There is a movement to IMPEACH this crook....

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/impeach-florida-governor-rick-scott/
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

chopthis91 wrote:We can't fight the establishment by ourselves but in numbers we may be able to make some headway. Unfortunately for us in Florida there isn't even a recall law to remove Scott and other Republicans from office. This makes no sense to me at all. This state is so backwards!!! They just had the criminal Rick Scott on tv. He's down here in S FL talking about cutting state programs (programs that aid the middle class and poor of course). He said the state needs to be run like a business! You can't run government like a business! I can honestly say that I HATE this man! What do we do?

I truly hope that the people of Florida succeed in removing this man.

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:30 pm

chopthis91 wrote:We can't fight the establishment by ourselves but in numbers we may be able to make some headway. Unfortunately for us in Florida there isn't even a recall law to remove Scott and other Republicans from office. This makes no sense to me at all. This state is so backwards!!! They just had the criminal Rick Scott on tv. He's down here in S FL talking about cutting state programs (programs that aid the middle class and poor of course). He said the state needs to be run like a business! You can't run government like a business! I can honestly say that I HATE this man! What do we do?

If Scott runs the state like he did HCA,we don't have a prayer. The largest fraud fine in U.S. history was levied against HCA when this Moonbat was at the helm of HCA.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Why are the people in this country so worried about hearing Spanish or any other language they don't understand?

Duh? BECAUSE MAYBE THIS IS AMERICA Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Worrier wrote:
Maggie Mae wrote:When I had a flight into Miami, gosh, some 15 years ago. I felt weird that the intercom at the airport was first announced in Spanish, them English? I was in a panic as I thought I landed in the wrong place! Very Happy

You have got to be kidding right?

Wont catch me in Miami, California or anywhere near the border.
And, its getting worse. In 10 years all these Anchor Babies will be able to vote

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

rgreen001 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Why are the people in this country so worried about hearing Spanish or any other language they don't understand?

Oh, right I forgot. We are all stupid and can only speak one language. Got it, why did I even ask?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:41 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
rgreen001 wrote:

Oh, right I forgot. We are all stupid and can only speak one language. Got it, why did I even ask?

the point was that when landing the language was spanish, not english.
I thought english was the United States Language. Hell, why not greet us in German when we land so that we can understand what is being said? Shocked
But I get where you are coming from. This is America

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Scott continues his assault on Florida. This time anyone with a criminal record may never be able to vote...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erika-wood/turning-back-the-clock-in_b_834239.html

Evil or Very Mad

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Florida is our own version of "1984" by George Orwell.
Soon Gov. Scott and his cronies will be dressed as Neo-Nazis, he looks like a skin head anyway. Hopefully, the Jewish community is up in arms with his crap by now.
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I twittered this article. If anything, the civil rights groups that exist, will rally around this issue. I would think, immediately. This is a major setback of huge proportions.
ET
ET

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:52 pm

ET wrote:Florida is our own version of "1984" by George Orwell.
Soon Gov. Scott and his cronies will be dressed as Neo-Nazis, he looks like a skin head anyway. Hopefully, the Jewish community is up in arms with his crap by now.

I'm sorry you don't have options to get out of this state ET. I'm at my wits end living here. The state will go down the tubes if Scott isn't removed from office but I just don't see that happening. Unfortunately, it seems that all of the Republican politicians in the entire country have plotted to destroy the middle class and poor at every turn. Obama is too passive and not confronting the issues. Sometimes I wonder if he is one of THEM.

To President Obama: "If you can't stand the heat...get out of the kitchen!"

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:10 am

chopthis91 wrote:Scott continues his assault on Florida. This time anyone with a criminal record may never be able to vote...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erika-wood/turning-back-the-clock-in_b_834239.html

Evil or Very Mad

This is an outrage! What will they think of next? I cant believe this. This is completely insane.

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 am

Sick & Tired wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:Scott continues his assault on Florida. This time anyone with a criminal record may never be able to vote...

Evil or Very Mad

This is an outrage! What will they think of next? I cant believe this. This is completely insane.

I'm positive Scott and his Republican buddies have a lot more in store for Florida and none of it is good. Seems to be a national trend for the Republicans in general.

Frustrated
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:05 am

This is something that most definitely will go to the courts. He may think he is King Richard, but he cannot make a declaration, though I am sure he will try. I wish I could remember this, but this was a tactic that was tried before and failed. With all you read and hear about this man, how did he get elected?

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 am

MaryKay wrote:This is something that most definitely will go to the courts. He may think he is King Richard, but he cannot make a declaration, though I am sure he will try. I wish I could remember this, but this was a tactic that was tried before and failed. With all you read and hear about this man, how did he get elected?

Reasons why Scott got elected:

-Spent $74M of his "own" money during his campaign (money stolen from Medicare)
-Registered Republicans voted along party lines ignoring his criminal history
-Voter apathy among Democrats (not showing up at the polls)
-Uninformed voters who didn't research Scott's past (older voters)
-Tea Party voters
-Alex Sink's (Dem candidate) poorly run campaign (didn't do enough to expose Scott's past)
-Sink did not demand a recount of the election that Scott only won by 62,000 votes
-Rigged voting machines??? Remember the 2000 and 2004 elections?? (unknown)

At this point it doesn't matter because he is the governor. Now we have to clean up this mess and it is going to be very difficult because there is NO recall law in place for Florida. He is either going to have to be stopped by his own party, a combination of his own party and the Democrats or voter petitions demanding that he is impeached or that he resigns. I'm not optimistic about any of these at this point.

pouty

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Another article that will make your blood boil!

http://fcir.org/2011/03/07/care-rick-scott-doesnt-have-to-care/

Still another which reveals that the chances for impeachment are slim at best. Includes this unbelievable Scott comment!

State Rep. Rick Kriseman flashes back to a recent appearance by Scott at a St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce function.

“He said it was easy for people to contact him — as long as they agreed with him,” Kriseman said. “He said, ‘If you don’t agree with me, don’t bother calling me.’ I’ve been in public service for 10 years. The arrogance of a comment like that is … amazing. Even conservatives and Republicans are turned off by that.”

http://fcir.org/2011/03/01/rick-kriseman-has-become-face-of-recall/

MAD
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:12 pm

This guy has to go.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum