Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida

2 posters

Go down

Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  Empty Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida

Post by Eden316 Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:39 am

Hello everyone

Please help if you can. I was laid off from my job on January 17, 2011 and can no longer continue paying my rent after April. The rentals around here are very expensive and I can't swing it without having a job, my unemployment is not enough to make ends meet.

I was recently offered low cost living accomodations of no rent by one of my friends who is a widowed member of my church and lives in NY but also owns a home in Florida in exchange for maintaining the place.

The place is in a safe area and close to transit. It has 2 bedrooms and I would have the master bedroom and private bathroom to live alone and when she comes to Florida, she still have a place to snowbird in.

I would just be responsible for all of the bills and my food and feel I can swing this on my current unemployment while I look for work. This is the first time I have had to live like this without a job. I am not sure what the unemployment rules are in Florida and need feedback before making a decision as this is a big move for me.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice.

Eden316

Back to top Go down

Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  Empty Re: Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 am

Welcome, Eden!

There would be no change in your unemployment benefits if you go to Florida. The state of NY will still be paying you according to their unemployment laws. Unfortunately, even though you are moving to a state where Tier 4 is available, and perhaps longer EB, you would not qualify for that because you were employed in NY. Florida may have more education and training courses you would be eligible for due to the high ue rate.

I don't think any of us here ever expected to be in the positions we are now. Good luck with your move and I hope you find a job soon!

Back to top Go down

Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  Empty Please help with unemployment when moving

Post by Eden316 Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Thank you so much, God Bless you!

Eden316

Back to top Go down

Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida  Empty Re: Please help with unemployment when moving from NY to Florida

Post by Eden316 Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 pm

I just read this today on NY state website and wanted to check if anyone knows if this is actually a fact regarding Tier V.

Tier 4 (6 weeks) - Because New York's three-month average unemployment rate is 8.5%, Tier 4 benefits will be available beginning June 4, 2012. To qualify, you must: .

•Have filed an initial claim for regular unemployment by 4/4/2011
•Exhaust all available weeks of Tier 3 EUC by 9/2/12

http://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/extendedbenefits.shtm
\

Eden316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 am

According to the NY state's website, benefits are actually being cut even further in June. They are in the process of updating their site:

New York may provide up to 93 weeks of UI benefits (26 weeks of regular UI + a maximum of 67 weeks of additional federal benefits). The 67 weeks of additional benefits are in two programs.

Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) - Up to 47 weeks of benefits. EUC is payable only through 12/30/12
Extended Benefits (EB) - Up to 20 weeks of benefits. For most claimants, EB is payable only through 6/3/12

You can claim these benefits the usual way.
http://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/ExtendedBenefits.shtm

Back to top Go down

Post by ibotter Wed May 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Has Eden checked in to say the move has been completed? It is going to be a huge culture shock to say the least, I would think. I currently am in Florida and did not realize that what was considered a hillbilly state I lived in most of my life was so "liberal" until I ended up here, lol. It is a good place for the homeless since the winters aren't too bad, though.
ibotter
ibotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down