Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state?

+3
invisiblecitizen
Hunterforjobs
DesperateInRI
7 posters

Go down

What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? Empty What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state?

Post by DesperateInRI Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

In less than a week, harmful automatic cuts — known as the sequester —
take effect, threatening hundreds of thousands of jobs, and cutting
vital services for children, seniors, people with mental illness and our
men and women in uniform.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/22/what-sequester#states

At the bottom of this White House report, individual states are listed. Check to see what services will be cut in your state if Congress doesn't act (and this time, I don't think they will).
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? Empty Re: What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state?

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:19 pm

I wont worry to much about this. This is Obama's way of finally cracking the whip on recalcitrant republicans who stood against him ever since he was first elected back then. The sequester will not happen.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state? Empty Re: What Is the Sequester? How will the cuts affect your state?

Post by invisiblecitizen Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

I hope you are right because in Maryland people are beginning to get a little bonkers. Also, heard on the news that Congress will start to leave DC for their Districts around 3:00 pm Thursday. Personally, my ears are beginning to stand up.

invisiblecitizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 pm

I was wrong, I was so sure the GOP mainly Boehner would come to an agreement but they seem to relish in holding America hostage. Obviously, they work for the rich. I wonder if President Obama could use his executive power and stop the sequester. It would piss of the GOP but the world may be saved.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 am

I finally got my claim approved after 6 weeks of anguish just to get a message saying that if you are getting extended benefits your benefits will be cut by 10% after April 1st in NY. I haven't rec'd a check yet so it doesn't affect me but i have a smaller ( and getting smaller) window of time to try and secure some kind of job because I think i will be hung out to dry without any way to survive.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by carlch Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I wont worry to much about this. This is Obama's way of finally cracking the whip on recalcitrant republicans who stood against him ever since he was first elected back then. The sequester will not happen.

Hunter, I am worried about this -- and so should those unemployed receiving extensions. I'm in California and the EDD is already updating their website in preparation for 10% cuts on extensions.

On another note, I've been caught in the maze for over two months trying resume my Tier 3 extension under the Deferred New Claim Program after working a 4 month temp job. It's a nightmare and will get worse in some states.

carlch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 am

Sorry blame the republicans.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 am

Well at least someone made out, Bloomberg gained 5 billion dollars
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:Well at least someone made out, Bloomberg gained 5 billion dollars

Yeah, he's an interesting little character. After Solomon Brothers was bought, he became the odd man out (he was a partner there) and was let go. That was in 1981. Then in 1982, right before the longest economic boom this country ever seen, he founded what would later become Bloomberg LP, turning a setback into a win and going from a multi-millionaire to a multi-billionaire! I'm sure he's really in touch with the plight of the middle-class - lol.

I wonder how successful he would have been had he been canned in 2008, but as they say, timing is everything, and we'll never know.

Last edited by jmainframe on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh he's in touch alright. Banning Big Gulps and going after salt in restaurants. I've never heard of a Mayor worrying over the size of a soft drink.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Oh he's in touch alright. Banning Big Gulps and going after salt in restaurants. I've never heard of a Mayor worrying over the size of a soft drink.

Yeah, there are still people in Staten Island and the Rockaways living in tents after Sandy. When he attended a St. Patrick's Day parade in the Rockaways the other day, the people lining the street booed him.

And the sodas (or sugary drinks), his solution is, just buy 2 16oz containers. Well, that's a ripoff, because whenever you buy a larger container of anything, you get a quantity discount, so by buying 2 16 oz containers at, say $2 a piece, you're paying more than if you bought 1 32 oz container at, say $3 a piece, and that difference adds up quickly!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down