Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy

2 posters

Go down

State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy Empty State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 pm

They're estimating that as many as 20,000 jobs, maybe even more, stand to be lost every month through the end of this current year:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/26/state-and-local-budget-cu_n_828601.html

Back to top Go down

State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy Empty Re: State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:00 pm

I think it will be many more than 20k jobs.

Freedom, New London issue layoff notices to all teachers

http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20110225/APC0101/302260021/Freedom-New-London-issue-layoff-notices-all-teachers?odyssey=mod

EDIT: I forgot to mention when I initially posted this that my son graduated from New London. They are an excellent school system with teachers that go above the call of duty each and every day.

New London school system covers a lot of the local farming communities as well as the city of New London.

Back to top Go down

State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy Empty Re: State & Local Budget Cuts Hold Back U.S. Economy

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:22 pm

These are just Federal public workers, not total U.S. jobs ... of course, because we're still seeing 400,000+ new jobless claims every week and those figures are giving an indication of how many jobs are still being lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 pm

kemcha wrote:These are just Federal public workers, not total U.S. jobs ... of course, because we're still seeing 400,000+ new jobless claims every week and those figures are giving an indication of how many jobs are still being lost.

The layoffs are not surprising me. The thing that's getting me at this point is how many people are turning a blind eye to the entire mess. Austerity measures do not create greater demand in the overall economy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Before our country even gets to talking about austerity measure, the people will rise up and riot against the government. I think we've started seeing that in what happened in Wisconsin and that it spread to neighboring states.

This is only the beginning and there are going to be even more protests. I'm just waiting for the unemployed to ban together in a similar nature and start protesting against Washington for not passing unemployment compensation for those unemployed Americans who desperately need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm

kemcha wrote:Before our country even gets to talking about austerity measure, the people will rise up and riot against the government. I think we've started seeing that in what happened in Wisconsin and that it spread to neighboring states.

This is only the beginning and there are going to be even more protests. I'm just waiting for the unemployed to ban together in a similar nature and start protesting against Washington for not passing unemployment compensation for those unemployed Americans who desperately need it.

I know I've said this before, so please forgive me for saying it again. I dream of the day when all workers will stand together for the benefit of all workers. All people who depend on a paycheck are in the same boat. The sooner people realize this, the better. We are all on the "same side".

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:20 pm

kemcha wrote:They're estimating that as many as 20,000 jobs, maybe even more, stand to be lost every month through the end of this current year:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/26/state-and-local-budget-cu_n_828601.html

But they will twist it so that they can say"we r creating jobs".."the economy is getting better.."the unemployment rate is dropping"..Just like they have used people dropping out of the work force to manipulate the #'s...

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by keilowkei Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:21 pm

JaneWI wrote:
kemcha wrote:Before our country even gets to talking about austerity measure, the people will rise up and riot against the government. I think we've started seeing that in what happened in Wisconsin and that it spread to neighboring states.

I know I've said this before, so please forgive me for saying it again. I dream of the day when all workers will stand together for the benefit of all workers. All people who depend on a paycheck are in the same boat. The sooner people realize this, the better. We are all on the "same side".

Agreed couldn't have said it better myself..People need to understand whats going on effects everybody..time to unite to make a change..IMO

keilowkei

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

I hope they remember how unchecked government expansion and how one sided political access has created all the problems for the the states, Cities and Federal Government. Maybe next time well be a little smarter with our budgets.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down