Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Frustrated and Depressed  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Frustrated and Depressed

+2
MaryKay
keriwalczak
6 posters

Go down

Frustrated and Depressed  Empty Frustrated and Depressed

Post by keriwalczak Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 am

I can't live with any more cliches, "have a little faith," "what's meant to be will be"...etc the list goes on..

I try to life with the prospective-"there is always someone other there that has it worse," but that isn't even keeping me optimistic these days.

This hard time finding a job will without a doubt be the death of me! I've been up since 3am worrying, barely sleep these days, anxiety depression has kicked in fully for weeks now.. I been on thousands of interviews/phones calls and haven't found a job yet, feel like a loser. I have a degree that doesn't seem to get me anywhere, a good resume but doesn't seem to be good enough. What does it take to get a decent job these days! I am starting to give up on life, I worked so hard for what!?

Me: 25, BS Degree in Paralegal Studies, Single Mom to a 2 year old son. I was considering Masters or Law School but don't want to go further into debt for something that may not even pay off.

I have been working since I was the age 11 - cleaning houses, working summers dog grooming, file clerk in medical office, and I have worked full-time since I was 18- I am never not had a job. Has a serious spinal surgery and didn't even let that deter me from pursuing my life and career, to get to the point to wonder why I am here is devastating- I don't feel sorry for myself at all I am frustrated more than anything.

No having a job to me is not having air to breathe. The only thing keeping me from giving up is my son.

Last edited by keriwalczak on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:23 am; edited 2 times in total

keriwalczak

Back to top Go down

Frustrated and Depressed  Empty Re: Frustrated and Depressed

Post by MaryKay Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:08 am

keri, welcome to the forum.

We all know how heavy this weighs on you and at times words are empty, we know. But, please understand, your son needs you and people shouldn't tell you to give up or not have faith, it would be cruel. It's true, it is like having the oxygen sucked out of you and some days are harder than others. You have a place to go now where people who are in your situation can listen and truly understand.

Your son is the best reason to keep on going.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am

Welcome, Keri! We all know where you're at (another cliche, I suppose). Keep coming here to vent, even though we may not have the answers for you. Just knowing that you are not alone, and there are millions of us out there, is what has boosted my moral! I really thought there was something wrong with me, until I joined this forum...now I know it's not me! And knowing that there are others like me, gives me the added incentive to keep pushing forward, and refusing to let the state of our government win! There will a light at the end of the tunnel, some day...and we will all be able to tell our stories.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by keriwalczak Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I couldn't imagine my son growing up without me, I would never let that happen. Thank you both- I will pray and keep on pushing through it! When you are feeling down there 2 choice to stay down or keep climbing- I am a climber!! I am grateful for this website and for your warm words and encouragement.
Thanks a million.

keriwalczak

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:23 pm

welcome to the forum.....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Frustrated and Depressed  Empty Welcome Keri

Post by Sandra5yearsunemployed Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:02 am

MarilynL wrote:Welcome, Keri! We all know where you're at (another cliche, I suppose). Keep coming here to vent, even though we may not have the answers for you. Just knowing that you are not alone, and there are millions of us out there, is what has boosted my moral! I really thought there was something wrong with me, until I joined this forum...now I know it's not me! And knowing that there are others like me, gives me the added incentive to keep pushing forward, and refusing to let the state of our government win! There will a light at the end of the tunnel, some day...and we will all be able to tell our stories.

YES Keri. . . she is right. If you want to vent, then go ahead and vent by all means! I'd do it on here instead of Facebook. I'm so thankful I found this forum by chance!

I was venting way too much on Facebook and with that - people know your real name and who you are. Not good to vent on Facebook! On here, people don't know your real name unless you care to share it. This is a great place to get it all out AND to get feedback from others in situations like you.

I'm new to this forum so I haven't looked around too much other than the venting area. . .but I'm sure you could also find stuff about the state of our nation and how WE THE PEOPLE are not the problem. It is our government! Not sure how long you have been unemployed for, but no matter if you have been looking for 5.5 years like me or just ran out of unemployment last month. . . this place is great for saying what you need to say. Even if you don't have your own internet, you can at least spend an hour a day at a local library to log on and get it out. I've been angry in the past (I"m talking 15 years ago) at a certain few people in my life and I started a journal for that anger. If you can't get online, may be you could write your anger out in a book? I know I've gone back to that journal and it is amazing seeing how mad I was. But you can do this also for depression. Remember, frustration is a form of anger. And anger is a surface emotions. The pain, hurt, shame, guilt, jealousy and FEAR is all at the root of the anger tree. And how would NOT be afraid of losing their home (or their mind) for not finding a job due to the poor economy?

I hope you feel better soon

Last edited by Sandra5yearsunemployed on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Saying Hello)
Sandra5yearsunemployed
Sandra5yearsunemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by AnotherMiddleAgedMan Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:25 am

To keriwalczak,
Do I ever feel your pain and frustration! I too have been up at 3:00 am in the morning worried and depressed about my job situation. I too am sick and tired of the cliches people give!! Just try to give those cliches to them when they are going through the same thing, they wouldn't like it.
You are 25? I am 52. How about that. LOL I feel your pain. It's 3.5 years of unemployment for me.
PS: It's better to vent on an anonymous unemployment groups where you can hide your real name rather than vent on Facebook.

keriwalczak wrote:I can't live with any more cliches, "have a little faith," "what's meant to be will be"...etc the list goes on..

I try to life with the prospective-"there is always someone other there that has it worse," but that isn't even keeping me optimistic these days.

This hard time finding a job will without a doubt be the death of me! I've been up since 3am worrying, barely sleep these days, anxiety depression has kicked in fully for weeks now.. I been on thousands of interviews/phones calls and haven't found a job yet, feel like a loser. I have a degree that doesn't seem to get me anywhere, a good resume but doesn't seem to be good enough. What does it take to get a decent job these days! I am starting to give up on life, I worked so hard for what!?

Me: 25, BS Degree in Paralegal Studies, Single Mom to a 2 year old son. I was considering Masters or Law School but don't want to go further into debt for something that may not even pay off.

I have been working since I was the age 11 - cleaning houses, working summers dog grooming, file clerk in medical office, and I have worked full-time since I was 18- I am never not had a job. Has a serious spinal surgery and didn't even let that deter me from pursuing my life and career, to get to the point to wonder why I am here is devastating- I don't feel sorry for myself at all I am frustrated more than anything.

No having a job to me is not having air to breathe. The only thing keeping me from giving up is my son.

AnotherMiddleAgedMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down