Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

+45
wornout
elvis44102
las44
broketrucker
TR11005
KeeptheFaith
exhaustedandtired/1208
zphtar
arbeitslos
IAMFedUp
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Tomoko
mscpateach
anyoldname
lendmeflight2
462Tech
couth11
casheyes
c62ta68
New_Wave_Princess
hello
admin911
wartrace
LilMsMisses
suri
Jobless_in_Ma
troycomic
MissRi
irishmalou
503Depressed
Sunrise
laine25
JoanB
lizalphonso
nfpexec
Kulkulkan
unemployedandroid
chopthis91
Tiers for Fears
cousinsal
08pacollegegrad
MoInSTL
gettheminNOVEMBER
americatheneedy
Hunterforjobs
49 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 Empty This week Job Hunting

Post by Hunterforjobs Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seemed to be a popular thread in the last UFF so I think we should continue it here.

Applied for three jobs this week including old company see vent, and have not heard from anyone of them.

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes, and I'm a nervous wreck.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 Empty Re: UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories!

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 pm

The interview today left me eh. He asked me questions but kept looking at his cell phone and it gave me the impression he just wanted this over. Oh well the job search contintues.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I forgot to mention I have another interview tomorrow.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:I forgot to mention I have another interview tomorrow.

Good luck! I hope you are hired on the spot. Let us know! UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:18 am

thanks I hope so too.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Well onto my third job interview this week.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:Well onto my third job interview this week.

UF2's job prospect thread. Share your stories! - Page 2 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 am

Hunter, keep the faith. I am happy you are at least getting interviews. Some of us haven't had three call backs to get to the interview stage.

We'll keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer. Please post and let us know how you make out. We're cheeing for you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Well, it went. It was a long relaxing interview the typical ending, "I have fifiteen other applicants I'll need to interview, I'll keep in touch." Speech.

Job search continues.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:38 pm

NO furter job interviews this week. Another slump.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Personally my head isnt even into the job hunt anymore. I cant remember what it was like to wake up and rush out to catch the subway to get to work. I'm back in school and it distracts me from the fact that I think my last interview was in January. I sent a bunch of resumes out last week and have more to go this week but have little hope that they will garner any response. I barely get rejection emails anymore!
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by lizalphonso Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Sent out nine resumes Monday morning, no response as of yet.

lizalphonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Thanks Unemployedandroid,

The job interview left me indifferent. Had the interview. I am then told she is looking for one full time and two part time people. The store wont be opne for 6-8 weeks and she' going to reconnect with no shows.

I told her I was interested in the job and was willing to wait--I'm not going to --and left it at that.

So I don't know if she was impressed with me or not. They don't have their permits yet.

We'll see. Sigh the job search contintues.

Just heard from this job today. Didn't get it. She chose somone else and would like to keep my resume for further consideration. I know thats a polite way of circular file. I really didn't expect to get it because of the way the interview was handled so I wasn't too disappointed.

Well thats the update on the first interview in March.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Sorry you didn't get it Hunter. Sad

My phone rang today--it was a recruiter saying "why didn't you show up for your interview today??!!!" I said "What interview?!" He said "Oh, I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number." Click.

MAD

Gaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:34 pm

JoanB wrote:Sorry you didn't get it Hunter. Sad

My phone rang today--it was a recruiter saying "why didn't you show up for your interview today??!!!" I said "What interview?!" He said "Oh, I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number." Click.

Seriously this is so awful and downright cruel. I don't know how I would have reacted b/c my emotions are all exposed these days and I couldnt handle that roller coaster of emotions.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Seriously this is so awful and downright cruel. I don't know how I would have reacted b/c my emotions are all exposed these days and I couldnt handle that roller coaster of emotions..

I think it truly it was a mistake...it was an out-of-state recruiter and he did sound, um, confused...I'll just leave it at that. But still maddening.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 am

Set out 9 resumes this past week and three this week no takers. Going through a dry spell.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 am

It has been a dry spell for me since December. I had more interviews that month than the whole 3 years I have been unemployed. I thought for sure things would pick up at the beginning of the year.....WRONG! One phone interview last week and that is it.

I apply for everything I see, even if I am only remotely qualified and NOTHING. Lately, all the top career sites have been mostly work at home scams. The telemarketing industry must be picking up, those are the only phone calls I've been getting in response to my applications.

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:57 am

I've even had an HR person call me twice for the same job. She called me to ask about my resume when I had already interviewed for the job and was turned down. I told her I had already interviewed for the position.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 am

Good news for me! I have an interview for a 12-24 month job, good pay, close to home (like bicycle close but too hilly for my out of shape, fat, old body). But I have to spend between now and Thursday learning how to do something I don't know how to do so that I can truthfully say I know how to do it.

So get off of here and go study, Joan! OK!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 am

Good luck, Joan! You can do it!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:10 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Good luck, Joan! You can do it!

Oh jeeze I hope you're right--had a major setback today downloading the wrong software and working with that for hours only to find that it wasn't the right thing, So then I found the right one, but can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. Keep getting error messages that don't help tell me what's wrong.

Just trying to show them that I can do what the job posting says they want. I know I'm kvetching, but at least this feels like I can do something for a change, you know? So often, I feel like going in with spit and a prayer--at least this time I feel like I can study and show them what I learned. They didn't say to do this, but it seemed like a good idea to try to show them. Well, it did seem. Not so sure now. scratch
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm

I'm a coward, I froze when i called about a job and hung up when the person said hello. I have no idea why. Maybe I'm used to emailing resumes and if lucky enough to get called in for an interview. I'm going to try again but I just can't believe it.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 am

Had an interview with an off-price retailer for a supervisor position last week, no love yet.

Really infuriated by application for similar position at JCPenney, failed the moronic personality test! What, I can't do the job I've been doing for twenty years? If not, retailers, I should just die instead? I won;t give you that satisfaction!
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:32 am

Hunterforjobs wrote:I'm a coward, I froze when i called about a job and hung up when the person said hello. I have no idea why. Maybe I'm used to emailing resumes and if lucky enough to get called in for an interview. I'm going to try again but I just can't believe it.

I know how you feel. At my last interview, I could feel my beaten down, desperate attitude coming through and tried my best to smile and give all the right answers. Even as I sat in the interview I felt so hopeless and wondered why I was even going through the motions - I knew I wasn't going to get it. It is really hard to stay positive and focused when you know that over 100 other applicants have applied for the same low-paying position.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next