Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 Empty For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

In keeping with many of the news shows, The Daily Rundown, The Best New Thing in the World Today (Chuck Todd and Rachael Maddow respectively), I give you Our Daily Rant.

From time to time, we have been offended and hurt by a snarky remark from one of our elected officials. While the 99ers Advocating Threads are not for Dem vs. Rep, we can tweet the offending party, i.e. Our Daily Rant.

This thread wasn't completed last week, but Senator Jeff Sessions made what I thought was a rather snarky, hurtful and uninformed comment about the fact that Food Stamps have tripled in the last 5 years, what is that about the Senator remarked. Well, in my very wordy fashion he received an email, with my entire story from June 2008 (lay off date) to present. I explained to him how I am not alone and if he ever bothered to pay attention, that the lack of action in Congress and the Senate are costing the states the additional burden of medicaid and food stamps as it is the only life raft the 99ers can get, and it's not available in every state. My only hope is that he was as mind numbingly bored reading my story as I am when he is speaking on the floor and I get to see him on cspan.

The point, when we feel the need to correct them on a subject or right a wrong, we do a twitter attack and let them know about it.

So all members, when you hear of something that deserves the daily rant, by all means, tweet, but post it hear so we can help.

It may not change anything, but if it makes us all feel better, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!.

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 Empty Re: For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:25 pm

This rant is actually from Saturday night. We should be more like the Chinese according to the gospel of Mrs. Bachmann. They don't have food stamps. ???????? Yes, and we have to ban products here in the US that they mfg due to, well let's see, lead in toothpaste, inferior food products. Oh, and let's not forget, they don't think second born children are acceptable and we won't get into the female child rules in the land of the Great Wall. This is a Presidential Candidate and a Mother and Foster Mother of 23!!!!

That's my daily rant.

P.S. Hire a professional team Mrs. Bachmann, it's time. You just can't wing it anymore.

Back to top Go down

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 Empty Re: For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 am

Please all members, we need everyone to help. If the Super Committee takes over next week, there is a very good chance no one will get any additional help. The 99ers aren't even on anyones list, except the Progressive Caucus and CBC, so get loud and get loud often. For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:52 am

Despite the American sentiment that Jobs and the Economy are the number 1 and 2 items people want addressed, our Congress will once again try to ram their Balanced Budget Agenda down our throats.

Do we need one, yes, more than we need a Jobs/Infrastructure/Benefits bill, no. Congress not only closes their ears to economists, they close their ears and eyes to the people who put them in office. Time for this to stop. Time is now for action on Jobs, Benefits and the Economy. For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:01 am

For the 99ers ~ Our Daily Rant! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 am

Yes Mary Kay, indeed. Despite things that have come and gone, I find today that it's like "kissing and hugging" are the number 1 and 2 items people want redressed and conified.

Do we need one? Yes we do!

Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 am

Good Morning friends. Off to Dad's.

We have had many additional requests for stories. The topics are scrolling to the left.

In addition, please read the topic on Barbara Lee and HR589. She needs a thank you and a tweet. Please send the 99ers letter to:
@RepBarbaraLee.

While you are at it, on the complete list of contacts, the last two pages have the listing of the Super Committee, Democrats Refusing to Support the American Jobs Act and Republican Who Didn't Sign the Grover Norquist Pledge. When I return tomorrow, that's who I am targeting specifically.

Two more things on the to do list:

All members of CBC and Progressive Caucus. The complete list shows Party, Committees etc. It's easy to pick them out. Keith Ellison and Raul Grijalva, Progressive Caucus.

As always, the President and Vice President need to get the letter too.
@BarackObama @VP.

I know I am asking alot, but it's less time consuming than all 20 pages and I need help. I cannot do this alone and I've said many times, one voice won't get noticed nearly as well as many.

It's our fight to win or lose. I will be back and ready to "go to the mattress" tomorrow. I cannot be here today. Hope you understand and can help me out.

Much love to all.

mk

And my daily rant for the day is:

With millions of unemployed, exhaustees, underemployed citizens and no clear pathway out, what does Congress do with our tax money, they vote on gun control. We could all fill pages on this nonsense, so I will leave it a gun control. For or against, is this really the time for this utter nonsense. Just how screwed up are the priorities on Capitol Hill.

VERY!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 am

Back to work today. We had some positive news with HR589 on the floor yesterday. Please all, get loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2