Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is

3 posters

Go down

Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is Empty Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is

Post by rhiannonj Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi guys,

Got a notice that my internet will be cut off on Oct. 12. Need to come up with $112. Also got a cancellation notice from State Farm about my car insurance.. $126.50 by Oct. 13.

How do you all handle this stuff? I called them both and they won't work with me. I'm freaking out here! I have someone coming tomorrow to look at the room I have for rent and also found out I'm eligible for EB here in Maryland and filled out the claim online yesterday. But what do I do in the meantime? Verizon is working with me. Just need to keep internet and car insurance. State Farm say after 45 days they'll automatically report to DMV and they'll charge me an additional $150!!

Help.

Rhi

rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is Empty Re: Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Can you try to ask the salvation army or local church for help?

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is Empty Re: Don't know if you all have suggestions... but here it is

Post by rhiannonj Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm

i've tried that. Sad
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Would a family member put you on their insurance?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Get a quote from another car insurance company. You will have your EB before that 45 days is up. You might be surprised to find that there are cheaper carriers than State Farm. I just went through that because my insurance company is moving out of RI and found a slightly cheaper one than I had. AARP works with an insurance company, and they have the best rates. Check that first.

As far as the internet, the charitable organizations don't consider that a necessity, and you won't find help there. If you still have a landline, get dial-up internet until you get your EB. AOL, NetZero all have 30 - 60 day free trials. Cancel when you get your cable back.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks for the info DIR. I'm doing my best to take this one day at a time. Been following OWS everyday. Thanks for the info about Netzero etc. Hoping to get a decent roomie soon.

I've just never been in this situation EVER in my life.

rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by admin911 Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:59 pm

at&t offers stand alone dsl ( dry loop) for around 15$ a month

* Moderated - Direct or Indirect Solicitation *
And if there was a rule for bugging forum administrators, I'd throw that one in too.

thanks
admin911
admin911

http://www.outsourcedorunemployed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm sorry guys. I've never felt so alone and forgotten in my life. My 3 brothers aren't supporting me. Mom's church has disowned me. I will have a roommate within the next week or so and he gave me a deposit to pay for internet. Right now I'm fighting to keep my power on. I applied for Maryland Energy Assistance and filled out all the paper work. Talked to them last Friday and they're saying they can only pay part of the bill. Spoke to SMECO (power company) and they said I'm due to be terminated on Oct. 19!!

I need help!!! So scared.
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by rhiannonj Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Help
rhiannonj
rhiannonj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down