Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

+9
polpol3
truth
Judi58
TR11005
mistermunster
Hunterforjobs
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
stillnutty
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 Empty Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 am

First topic message reminder :

As Speaker Bohener said yesterday: “We got 98% of what we wanted.” Though everyone talks a big game about representing the “little guy” in Washington, it’s hard to find where the “little guy” is represented in this debt deal. Unless something is added or changed at the 11th hour, there is no provision for unemployment benefits of any kind I can find.

http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/debt-deal-no-unemployment-insurance/

Back to top Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 Empty Re: Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Unemployed Ignored In Debt Ceiling Deal

Under the so-called grand bargain President Obama tried to strike with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), federal unemployment benefits would have been extended beyond January 2012, when they are set to expire.

But those negotiations collapsed in July. On Sunday, congressional leaders and the administration crafted a not-so-grand bargain that will cut spending without raising taxes or preserving stimulus programs like federal unemployment insurance.

Asked Sunday night why spending to help the unemployed had been left out of the deal, a White House official said, "because it had to be part of a bigger deal to be part of this."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/unemployed-debt-ceiling-deal_n_914801.html

Back to top Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance - Page 2 Empty Re: Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 am

dont get it
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:05 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
Unemployed Ignored In Debt Ceiling Deal

Under the so-called grand bargain President Obama tried to strike with House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), federal unemployment benefits would have been extended beyond January 2012, when they are set to expire.

But those negotiations collapsed in July. On Sunday, congressional leaders and the administration crafted a not-so-grand bargain that will cut spending without raising taxes or preserving stimulus programs like federal unemployment insurance.

Asked Sunday night why spending to help the unemployed had been left out of the deal, a White House official said, "because it had to be part of a bigger deal to be part of this."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/unemployed-debt-ceiling-deal_n_914801.html

Those comments just BLOW my mind. The 2 years is ENOUGH crowd is STILL kicking sad to say.
The problem with America is all the Hayseed inbreads out there who just think you SNAP your fingers and JOBS just come flying out your butt waving flags. Until these backwater COLD WAR morons of the past 50 years KEEP thinking the commies are STILL out to get them this nation will NEVER be enlightened. Capitalism is a FRAUD and a FAILURE for 98% of us and THEY cannot see it but are still ignorantly waving that stupid little flag on a stick made in China and bought at WALMART.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:44 am

now why didn't obama push it....i mean he's pres...why bow down to the speaker of the house who is below the Pres. I just don't get it.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 am

stillnutty,

You're right. It will be sooner than January, but we exhaustees will still be in a survival race with the clock. I think that it will be late October when millions more unemployed realize (or reluctantly admit to themeslves) that there will be no new extensions beyond the end of the year unless action is taken. As a sign, things should really pick up greatly in in this forum in October, mark my words. The media will wake up (somewhat) to our plight. Then, Congress will be in an uproar over unemployment aid once again, and the primary candidates will be forced to address the issue.

I don't see a significant number of jobs opening up by then, so the ranks of us current exhaustees will be swelled by huge numbers of very worried soon-to-be exhaustees. We have to somehow hang in there for a few months, sad to say. Then, we'll have to get aggressive and flex our new-found muscle. Tent cities anyone? We HAVE TO win this one.

Much as I'd like to see something done sooner (and I'm not going to stop with the e-mails and petition signing), we have Congressional vacations coming up, and I think that Congress is simply too burned out to tackle another issue that's going to be a blood-bath.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:08 am

no one is going to touch unemployment! Especially the pres. he wants to get reelected.

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by polpol3 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 am

Get everyone of those pieces of garbage out,starting with the king coward obama!!!!! Do not forget when voting comes along!

polpol3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 am

Who do you replace Obama with? Not too many options out there I see so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Who do you replace Obama with? Not too many options out there I see so far.

Thats ALWAYS the "same" tired old line. Obama has proved to be WEAK and WEAK willed ...so JUST throw him out, but NOT realizing that there is a multi-headed demon on the other side that WILL DO far worst, just look at the madness it's caused so far. This blind faith in RThugs and the baggers is INSANE.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Obama has no backbone...he caved.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm

99ers is too old now, like a one and half years past. When do you stop being called unemployed? Perhaps we should be called the Untouchables. Nobody wants to touch us anymore. Were Voodoo!

They say they want to help the unemployed, but do they? The rich got theirs, so the HELL with us.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

We are called chronic unemployed, discouraged workers, and in closed quarters by Washington and employers, lepers.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I knew that unemployment beneifts would never be a part of this deal!
No one cares about the 99er's and those that are currently receiving unemployment benefits will soon be a 99er. I am very sure it is an unspoken plan to kill off those of us who are 40 and older. Get rid of that group and unemployment goes way down and suddenly jobs will appear again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I didn't expect any more weeks added for exhaustees. In hindsite, it hasn't been an option for over 1 year now. Hopefully there will still be extensions for those who haven't exhausted all their weeks yet.

If the dems are to get anything out of this debt ceiling deal, they'd better get everyone in congress to concentrate on JOBS, getting all of us back to work!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Be of good cheer!!! He is going to ask for more stimulus for infrastructure . construction jobs again! Boy he sure has the answers.. Specific money for specific use but no plan for a GROWING economy! He is useless ! You cannot create jobs by throwing money to target spots. Like roads, rail bridges! he only talked about putting construction people to work Ok hey thats great! Now the one's who got laid off may go back to work. But what about the other 13 million.. He is foolish and very divisive with NO plan! No Fix! .... No mention about unemployment extensions!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I get angrier as I type! He absolutely has no plan for total economical growth! This whole economy must grow to create jobs! Giving billions to union jobs doesn't fix the economy, it targets money and jobs for roads and construction.He knows what he is doing! Taking care of union jobs by throwing money at them and cutting middle class and rich tax credits. he has a plan and it will work for him... For all the rest of us unemployed, Hey, Get a job! ! Its Screw the other unemployed who are not construction workers! ..If he gets in in 2012, don't complain or whine anymore! Don't worry, be happy!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Sorry, the PROBLEM is NO ONE in DC will put the THUMBSCREWS to Wall Street, Corporations and the wealthy. CLOSE ALL THEIR LOOPHOLES etc. Pull out on ALL that free trade import BS. As long AS NOTHING is done in these areas. NOTHING WILL IMPROVE. All this SHOVEL ready BS is just that. BS and lip service. Evil or Very Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 pm

We do need our infrastructure rebuilt BIG TIME. Shovel ready jobs will help some...not to mention, that this just might put my husband back to work for a while. Crying or Very sad

at this point, anything is better than ZERO.

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:I get angrier as I type! He absolutely has no plan for total economical growth! This whole economy must grow to create jobs! Giving billions to union jobs doesn't fix the economy, it targets money and jobs for roads and construction.He knows what he is doing! Taking care of union jobs by throwing money at them and cutting middle class and rich tax credits. he has a plan and it will work for him... For all the rest of us unemployed, Hey, Get a job! ! Its Screw the other unemployed who are not construction workers! ..If he gets in in 2012, don't complain or whine anymore! Don't worry, be happy!

What's the plan his opponents offer? How about the Ryan/House Republican plan: more tax cuts for the wealthy offset by cuts to Medicare. Does that sound like a good plan? Please name a potential Republican replacement for Pres. Obama who has a plan that is going to be helpful to the unemployed, to seniors, and/or to the middle class. How many times do we have to see that the GOP has two goals: maintaining the historic low tax rates on the very rich and shredding the already inadequate safety net?

By the way, when is the last time we heard a Republican say anything about us unemployed? At least they seem to have stopped suggesting that we're lazy, drug addicted, bums, who should get off the couch and get a job.They simply ignore us. They campaigned on "jobs, jobs, jobs", but all we've heard from the GOP is "cuts, cuts, cuts", and "no taxes (on the rich), no taxes (on the rich), no taxes (on the rich)".

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

stillnutty wrote:http://moneywatch.bnet.com/investing/news/stocks-now-down-for-year-as-economic-concerns-grow/6269898/

Even the fat cats on Wall Street don t like this deal.

Wow, I thought the gluttens on Wall Street would love this news. The only good thing about this drop is that crude probably took a dump too! Send those speculators packing!! I hope they lose their shirts the way they keep trying to run up the price of crude and screwing up our economy. You want a scapegoat for the economic mess we're in, look no further! IMHO
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:We do need our infrastructure rebuilt BIG TIME. Shovel ready jobs will help some...not to mention, that this just might put my husband back to work for a while. Crying or Very sad

at this point, anything is better than ZERO.

They just focus ON ONE thing thinking that IT will be the END ALL to fix EVERYTHING. It won't, this problem is caused by MANY out of control things that they SEEM not to want to address. They have NO vision and are accustom in just passing the buck with band-aid fixes. The Dems have NO GUTS in finding ways to REALLY make things work, unlike Repugs who have GUTS in moving things THAT will DO more damage to us all.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Stock plunge today because continued terrible economic news, but now govt's hands are tied. Chance of double dip now better than 50-50. affraid affraid affraid

Robert Reich
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm

The Fed still thinks they can be of some help. How much lower can they push interest rates? I've always thought that the Fed is able to slow or even eliminate excessive growth with high interest rates, but the converse doesn't seem to work. Low rates don't help in a recession because people and businesses are too worried about the futrue to borrow, invest, and spend. The Fed cannot create demand.

The bogus GOP deficit "crisis" (Yes, Pres. Obama, it has been a "manufactured crisis") has painted the country into a corner. We are in grave danger.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 am

Thats why I also think they will not renew the tiers for newly unemployed people. Because to hold down spending! Also Obama says he is going to concentrate on jobs(again), Isn't his speeches running out of steam without results?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2