Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

+9
polpol3
truth
Judi58
TR11005
mistermunster
Hunterforjobs
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
stillnutty
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance Empty Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 am

As Speaker Bohener said yesterday: “We got 98% of what we wanted.” Though everyone talks a big game about representing the “little guy” in Washington, it’s hard to find where the “little guy” is represented in this debt deal. Unless something is added or changed at the 11th hour, there is no provision for unemployment benefits of any kind I can find.

http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/debt-deal-no-unemployment-insurance/

Back to top Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am

Looks like 0 for 3 for the people. And a clean sweep for the Repugs.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am

Pres. signed off on it too!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 am

Once again the unemployed are shafted. So what exactly did the Dems get out of this deal?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Pres. signed off on it too!
Not yet. It still has to be voted on in Congress. It is going to be close.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am

Desp. does this also mean that all extensions are over! For anyone that is newly unemployed do not get the tiers? I think some may get the 26 original weeks and maybe the 20 week EB. but the tiers 1-4 are gone! Correct?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 am

He is going to SIGN! He said he is disappointed that taxes and entitlement reform was not in it! Hum! He really wanted the entitlement cuts and reform.. Right, he really cares! He is playing to the tea party covertly! R U Kidding!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:He is going to SIGN! He said he is disappointed that taxes and entitlement reform was not in it! Hum! He really wanted the entitlement cuts and reform.. Right, he really cares! He is playing to the tea party covertly! R U Kidding!

Please remember WHO brought raising the debt ceiling to a crisis! Never before has a President been up against what Obama just went through.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

Heard one network say this weeks jobs numbers are going to be terrible! They better be paying attention to unemployed and unemployment!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:25 am

I didnt expect anything for UE.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:31 am

In mid-July, Senate Majority Leader Reid implied that extending unemployment benefits would be part of the debt compromise. Nothing was mentioned in the version the leaders have agreed to.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t3050-harry-reid-extended-unemployment-potential-part-of-grand-bargain-on-debt-ceiling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Right but what they say and what they do are two different things.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:He is going to SIGN! He said he is disappointed that taxes and entitlement reform was not in it! Hum! He really wanted the entitlement cuts and reform.. Right, he really cares! He is playing to the tea party covertly! R U Kidding!

Please remember WHO brought raising the debt ceiling to a crisis! Never before has a President been up against what Obama just went through.

This country has been jacked by low brow school bullies, what MORE can be said.

Reminds me of the character "DEEBO" from the movie Friday. Except it's Bohner and his GANG riding around the hood on a beach cruiser 'JACKING" people. "WHAT YOU GOT?" "PAY UP" affraid
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 pm

bhoenr

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:I didnt expect anything for UE.

Of Course not why would they care now?? we are and have been pawns in the game..
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Let the REVOLUTION against the ELITE BEGIN!!!!! Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 pm

mistermunster wrote:Let the REVOLUTION against the ELITE BEGIN!!!!! Twisted Evil
I'm right behind you, mistermunster! For what they did to this country, and its people this month, they all deserve to go....NOW!
perturd

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm

I m never sure where to Post things. Watching Jesse Jackson Jr on the floor of the House, by his own admission paraphrasing Dr Martin Luther Kings Jr s I Have A dream speech to what happened today. That we should have a dream still and 1 day we will rise. Thank you Mr Jackson, but I don t know if I ve ever had less faith, or felt worse about our future than today.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:03 pm

That is French style. Let the Heads Roll! Pitchfork in hand.

You think demonstrations will begin soon! This time the rich houses need to burn down. This will be where the job creation will at. Burn Baby Burn.

I am not for violence, but what will it take them to realize that the TPers game is up.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

The MORE I listen to Richard Wolff, the MORE I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL_S5h5N4bc&NR=1

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Starting in January, there will be huge numbers of people added to the ranks of us exhaustees. How long will the GOP/Tea Party be able to ignore us? It's going to be a race with the clock, but I think that eventually we will be impossible to ignore.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 pm

How nice that Boehner got 98% of what he wanted. Meanwhile, we unemployed got 0% of what we NEED to survive until we land one of those jobs that Boehner's tax cuts for the supposed "job creators" were going to create. Where are those jobs? I haven't seen them. It's been seven months and still counting.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Truth no disrespect, but January? Many of us here have been out of bennies since March 2010. No one has cared about us, why would they care how many join us? We are simply collateral damage on the war on the have nots.

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:01 pm

stillnutty, Truth is right. As our numbers escalate, they will not be able to ignore us. Think about it. If you don't personally know someone who is a 99er, you have to seek the information out in conversation. Then you have to educate people on the subject of 99ers. I know many unemployed people in NJ with a rate of 9.3-9.7%(depends on which paper you read) that admit they, even being long term unemployed didn't know about the 99ers. The more of us there are, the easier it is to get groups together. You can start with counties in each state and then all the states. The bigger our numbers, the louder our voices become. Not that any of us want to wait that long. You said you were March 2010, I was May 2010 and some on the forum were Jan/Feb 2010. We are tired, scared and sick of waiting, I know I am, but we need louder voices and sadly bigger numbers to get noticed.
Sadly, squeaky wheels get oiled and lot's of squeaky wheels will get oiled quicker, especially if they are LOUD squeaky wheels. Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:18 pm

MaryKay wrote:stillnutty, Truth is right. As our numbers escalate, they will not be able to ignore us. Think about it. If you don't personally know someone who is a 99er, you have to seek the information out in conversation. Then you have to educate people on the subject of 99ers. I know many unemployed people in NJ with a rate of 9.3-9.7%(depends on which paper you read) that admit they, even being long term unemployed didn't know about the 99ers. The more of us there are, the easier it is to get groups together. You can start with counties in each state and then all the states. The bigger our numbers, the louder our voices become. Not that any of us want to wait that long. You said you were March 2010, I was May 2010 and some on the forum were Jan/Feb 2010. We are tired, scared and sick of waiting, I know I am, but we need louder voices and sadly bigger numbers to get noticed.
Sadly, squeaky wheels get oiled and lot's of squeaky wheels will get oiled quicker, especially if they are LOUD squeaky wheels. Debt Deal: NO Unemployment Insurance 34243
MK PM ED YOU

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next