Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m. Watch Here!

+3
ExhaustedinCA
exhaustedandtired/1208
Jobless_in_Ma
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 Empty President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m. Watch Here!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 am

First topic message reminder :

President Obama Speaks on Monthly Job Numbers

The White House

http://www.whitehouse.gov/live

Back to top Go down

President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 Empty Re: President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m. Watch Here!

Post by mj33 Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm

We're in for long fight over next two months before politicians on all 4 sides of isle discuss and debate job creation plans and long term unemployed (589). Realistic to see that mid Sept. before any legitimate discussions will involve us, and until we pound it in their heads enough one-on-one to them, it'll likely be delayed until they care to act on it by October. Our politicians must begin to listen to us.

mj33

Back to top Go down

President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m.  Watch Here! - Page 2 Empty Re: President Obama to address the June economic situation at 10:35 a.m. Watch Here!

Post by mj33 Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:48 pm

IM not sure if that picture is quite fitting enough, at least for some of us our computers are a vital means of communications and important life asset at this point, I couldn't personally imagine not having mine. Perhaps throwing a toaster or light out the window may be even more fitting, lol.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:50 pm

mj33 wrote:IM not sure if that picture is quite fitting enough, at least for some of us our computers are a vital means of communications and important life asset at this point, I couldn't personally imagine not having mine. Perhaps throwing a toaster or light out the window may be even more fitting, lol.
It was done in a moment of rage! I am afraid that one day I will actually be angry enough to do that!
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

So can anyone fill me in on what he mentioned??
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:So can anyone fill me in on what he mentioned??
Same old rhetoric about job creation. In other words - NOTHING!

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:03 pm

I didn't see it but I am guessing "long way to go, bump in the road, not where we wanted to be, disappointing," same old stuff.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 pm

And links on his speech! He just doesn't get it!!! That is he thinks Americans are unintelligent and stupid people and they keep believing his rhetoric and the only one's who believe his shovel ready speeches is he and Biden!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I wouldn't go that far but I think he is just being a typical politician and if we had a republican president he would be saying the exact same thing. This is inherently the problem with Obama, sometimes I can't tell which party he is a member of.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

stansmad wrote:WOW ! He must have a tee time to hurry to ! He left like his pants were on fire. Notice how he stutters so much without a teleprompter ? He avoids any thing that requires much thought. NO BALLS !!!!!!!!!!

Bravo!!! His bull is wearing out. When he made all of his big speeches as anyone knows me on this site criticized his speeches as rhetoric and got mad at me, well maybe I have been right all along! He said tues. that Bush administration lost 4 million jobs before he took over.TRUE ! But he was honest about something and he must not have realized what he was saying but he said and during my administration has also lost 4 million jobs.. What an admission! But we all need to get educated on the new technology and innovation and be shovel ready because in 2015 those will be the jobs of tomorrow!!! There is finally hope for all of us over 55 (64) !!! We can get educated and find a high paying job!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:23 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I wouldn't go that far but I think he is just being a typical politician and if we had a republican president he would be saying the exact same thing. This is inherently the problem with Obama, sometimes I can't tell which party he is a member of.

Lendme, Ok, Maybe I am too harsh on Americans being intellectually stupid and yes he is a politician but I agree with you and NO ONE can deny he is leaning towards repubs. ideologies for his re-election chances but this usually backfires. We'll see. But he is like the wind and hard to figure out, also I believe he has abandoned the (subject) of unemployed! Its a sore spot to directly address the bad. So that's why he makes cheer-leading speeches to avoid the real truth!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Zero again! But a lot of talk!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Zero again! But a lot of talk!
Noticed all we are getting from the "other side" is now is not the time to raise taxes. Disagree with that! NOW IS THE TIME TO STOP THE BUSH TAX CUTS! That would solve the debt crisis and the unemployment crisis!

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:38 pm

He said he created 2 million jobs in 16 mos. Didn't Biden about 12 mons. ago say they created 3 million new jobs back then ??? Hum! Kinda downplaying the figures to reality!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:39 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:I wouldn't go that far but I think he is just being a typical politician and if we had a republican president he would be saying the exact same thing. This is inherently the problem with Obama, sometimes I can't tell which party he is a member of.

Lendme, Ok, Maybe I am too harsh on Americans being intellectually stupid and yes he is a politician but I agree with you and NO ONE can deny he is leaning towards repubs. ideologies for his re-election chances but this usually backfires. We'll see. But he is like the wind and hard to figure out, also I believe he has abandoned the (subject) of unemployed! Its a sore spot to directly address the bad. So that's why he makes cheer-leading speeches to avoid the real truth!

No, you are right, Americans are stupid. They show on a daily basis that they have no knowledge of the world or how the political system works. They supposedly love the constitution but don't really know what it says.

But on Obama, I think that he is trying to be middle of the road and compromise but Americans don't really want that for the most part. The people who voted for him, like me, want him to stand up and fight for their beliefs. Now, he will compromise on social security to get the tax increases he wants and when he runs next fall that platform will be gone. He won't be able to stand on protecting social security. This could cost him the election.

I think he can't be beat, at the moment, by anyone running against him but if he turns that corner he may be in trouble.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Zero again! But a lot of talk!
Noticed all we are getting from the "other side" is now is not the time to raise taxes. Disagree with that! NOW IS THE TIME TO STOP THE BUSH TAX CUTS! That would solve the debt crisis and the unemployment crisis!

Both sides suk!!!! repubs are agenda oriented and dump on the plight of millions of hurting unemployed and SS and seniors and their goal is totally about the president failures and all about them.. But the pres. has no firm agenda and nothing in his plans that even shame the republicans. If he was the caliber he should be, he would stand up and come up with firm plans and let the repubs. fight to kill and look like total failures and a'holes and then people would catch on. But instead he crosses over to them to try to convince Americans he also agrees with repubs. and thinks that will secure his position. Like crossing to the other side. Like Arlan Spector did. switched from Repub. to independent wen he thought that would save his job! Wake up Obama! Better get something done and at least put up a fight even IF the repubs. kill everything he attempts, again Mr. Pres. Americans are smarter than you think!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Lendme, I think my post says what you are. He needs to fight create and remain firm even with all the threats and get respect, but instead he is panicking and trying to apease for his reelection chances. He need to stand firm on GOOD agendas and not Bullshi* agendas and take the risk the repubs. will stall and kill everything but if they are plans Americans see as great plans and repubs. kill everything, then hey, they will put themselves out of office! But he needs to get a pair!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

I agree with that. I feel like he will concede everything and then say "well, it would be a catastrophe if the debt ceiling is not raised". Yeah it would be but there could be a clean bill to raise and the republicans will blink.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2