Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy

+10
WilliamsonAngel
gettheminNOVEMBER
Hunterforjobs
tristen303
exhaustedandtired/1208
steveninspokane
lam
freds
mistermunster
gonzofl
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  Empty Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy

Post by gonzofl Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  Empty Re: Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy

Post by mistermunster Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Well, this didn't say much. I just heard on MSNBC that this SPEECH will include "HELP" for those who HAVE BEEN unemployed FOR THE LONGEST period. No details but it's going to be interesting.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  Empty Re: Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy

Post by gonzofl Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I agree mistermunster,the article is a bit vague(as I'm sure it was intended to be). I guess we will just have to wait and see,we should all be pretty use to that by now. Patent reform and trade bills are not gong to cut the mustard....he better have a REAL idea or this plan to will be DOA.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by freds Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Today on TV the statement was when Congress returns from break in September long term employment will be addressed.

freds

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Well if long term unemployment is really addressed then I guess I will have to dance in the street or something. Odds are I am pretty safe with not doing a dance.

I have waited much much to long for this to be a realty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:03 pm

To those in congress; long term unemployment = 6 months to 99 weeks.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:06 pm

steveninspokane wrote:To those in congress; long term unemployment = 6 months to 99 weeks.

To Obama
Remember in Dec and he went along with tea party and got repubs. to sign off on extension dates? He said he is helping the long term unemployed! Meaning those running out of 26 weeks. Obama is a player and a con artist!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 pm

As for unveiling his jobs plan! Would this be the 6th or 8th time in past two or three years he hasunveiled his jobs plan! Sorry, He made speeches 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,11,12,13 and count on . Hes speeches is always unveiling something that never shows up! He is now playing to the tea party for those who are tea party critics! told his dems they need to adapt to change and new cuts n spending and entitlement programs .. Hello! He is now a repub. in dem. desguise! I love it when the dems. on here says the repub. party blocks everythin! Hell they do!!! They pass everyone of his plans that are in line with tea party and agendas.. R U Kidding!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 pm

He's better at speeches then policy so lets keep him busy doing that as opposed to actually leading.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm

OK I liked Obama, I thought he was the hope for this dying nation but he was a school nurse who put a bandaid on it and now that bandaid is coming off. Why now, we waited for him for three years to addres the job crisis. Why wait so long. Guess its better late than never.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

I know I say some harsh things but when he is at his town halls and makes these speeches again and again he honestly thinks people believe them. But it is the same rhetoric over and over. The only thing I see different about him is when he makes these speeches I honestly believe he knows he is grasping at straws and he also if you watch him has a demeanor of he doesn't believe them himself! Its so obivious! He is failed as a world leader when he lets Iran scate and also he says nothing about Syria killing thousands of citizens but yet he goes to Libya and acheives nothing! But yet wants to save their citizens lives!!! Waco and failed foreign policies and no plans or working policies here in the US! I also say this I BET he tries and gets Hillary as his VEEP, thinking that will save his butt!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:OK I liked Obama, I thought he was the hope for this dying nation but he was a school nurse who put a bandaid on it and now that bandaid is coming off. Why now, we waited for him for three years to addres the job crisis. Why wait so long. Guess its better late than never.

what amazes me is he made these speeches at the town halls this week and he says " I am going to work on creating jobs". Hello! I thought you already did that, where are the jobs????????? Then he makes speeches by saying this is America and we are the best at what we do, and all the great acheivement speeches because we are Americans, HELLO Mr. Pres. yep, your right, Americans have done a better job then YOU !!! That part you have right! Vote him out in 2012. Put Pat pulsen in as pres.. put the three stooges in office at least we can laught then! send him on a hot air baloon ride they won't need fuel, he has enough hot air!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Well that 19th century Cowboy from Texas IS FAR WORST and a LOOSE cannon. I think this nation has had ENOUGH of COWBOY thinking. So far it's led us to ruin.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:52 pm

tristen303 wrote:He's better at speeches then policy so lets keep him busy doing that as opposed to actually leading.

Like how? How is Obama going to work with the tea party and the GOP? Suspect

They don't want to do anything to help. No

Not only that, they won't even CALL HIM PREZ! He is a muslim, marxist,commie and so on. Its SICK!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:28 pm

Compromise is how (he's learning to do that), he needs to remember that the last election dictated the nations terms, not his. The sooner he figures out how to stop spending and it's drilled into his head that borrowing is not the same as GDP (borrowed money is not revenue) the better for all of us.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 pm

tristen303 wrote:Compromise is how (he's learning to do that), he needs to remember that the last election dictated the nations terms, not his. The sooner he figures out how to stop spending and it's drilled into his head that borrowing is not the same as GDP (borrowed money is not revenue) the better for all of us.

Hey I am all for it but the tea party have proven they will not compromise. Evil or Very Mad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 pm

The tea party are fasicists and very much the fringe watch how fast the normal right vets them out. They and the hard left should go start their own country elsewhere

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 pm

tristen303 wrote:The tea party are fasicists and very much the fringe watch how fast the normal right vets them out. They and the hard left should go start their own country elsewhere

They threatened Boehner, problem is they have LOADS OF CASH. If you don't fall in line they challenge you. It will be interesting to see if the GOP can control them.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 pm

tristen303 wrote:Compromise is how (he's learning to do that), he needs to remember that the last election dictated the nations terms, not his. The sooner he figures out how to stop spending and it's drilled into his head that borrowing is not the same as GDP (borrowed money is not revenue) the better for all of us.

GOPers DO NOT deserve ANY MORE Compromise. They have ALREADY got TOO MUCH compromise due to their terrorist tactics.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:53 pm

I think, to the GOP, the ends justify the means. Sacrifices (particularly on the backs of others instead of their own) must be made for the desired outcome.

While they held the nation hostage with their refusal to compromise on debt bills, I don't think they're "terrorists" so much as extremists, Machiavellianists, and even villains (in the ends justify the means sort of way).
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbie111 Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:53 am

Call me cynical but I find the timing of the Presidents forthcoming speech a little suspicious. The impending Labor Day holiday would be the perfect time for demonstrations to call attention to our employment woes. Having the date of the proposed speech occur after that day would tend to diffuse any criticism at that time.

bobbie111

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 am

It's either ALL or NOTHING at this point. If he does NOTHING and doesn't take a bat to the GOPers then he deserves to lose next year. It's should be "NO MORE Mr. Nice Guy" and stick to what he is currently saying on the road.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm

My I remind you the the other side also held the debt issue hostage with their continued statements about what bill was "dead on arrival".
In the end they needed the debt increased for more spending the right wanted the credit extension ended one way or another.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:28 pm

If we want to see Obama have enough power to make the changes he speaks so eloquently of, we need to rise up and make some changes ourselves:

Let's start here:
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  500px-112USHouseStructure.svg

This is a map of the house of representatives for this year from Wikipedia. There are 242 republican seats and 193 democrat seats. THE REPUBLICAN HOUSE BLOCKS OBAMA ON PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING. These are the people who refused to compromise, these are the people who pressed the issue on instead of agreeing upon a plan before the last moment. These are the people responsible for the fuss that got the attention of the Republican owned Stanford and Poor, whose ratings change screwed the stock market.

Now I know some brainwashed goon or devil's advocate is going to point out that the house is a reflection of the "majority". To that I'm going to tell you a little story about some crazy Texas Democrats (they do exist) in the distant past of 2003. (The source of this is memory from the news when it happened and Wikipedia.)

Now way back in 2002, for the first time in 130 years, Texas' state legislature was won by Republicans. At the time, Texas democrats held 17 seats in the US House of Representatives while Republicans only held 15. The republicans didn't like this very much, so they got together and redistricted Texas, altering voting districts to target Democrat districts, arranging their borders to try and make them into Republican districts.

This practice, it's called Gerrymandering, it's the process of setting electoral districts in attempt to establish a political advantage for a a particular part or group by manipulating boundaries to create partisan, incumbent-protected districts.

Well those crazy Texas democrats, being unable to stop the republicans from passing the changes, did the only thing they could think of. They fled the state to prevent the quorum required to pass the gerrymander-redistricting, they did this for both the Texas house of Representatives (The Killer Ds) -and- the Texas State Senate (Texas Eleven).

An extra session had to be called during 2003 to pass the bill through the Texas house and the Texas Eleven hid in New Mexico for 46 days before one of them returned (and then the bill was passed).

In 2004, the balance of Democrats to Republicans in the US House went from 17-15 to 11-21, respectively (favoring republicans).

The most obvious bit of the Gerrymandering was identified (district 23, right here in central Texas) and overturned by the supreme court in 2006, but the smaller, less obvious tweaks were overlooked. The supreme court justices said that states are free to redistrict however often they like (this means this could happen in your state too).

Here is an example showing the Travis County (Austin) districts changes between 2002 and 2004.
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  I3v2b4

Here's an overall map showing the results of the changes:
 Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy  Tx_gerrymander

See the difference? This isn't majority rules, this is manipulation by the political parties, it can happen in any state at any time, and its likelihood of happening now are high due to the recent census giving state governments an excuse to redistrict before the election.

Pretty scary. Consider this: Winner takes all elections.
Who wins a district? Whoever gets the most votes or whoever wins the most sub-districts?

Can a city sub-district contain 10,000 people while a rural one only contain 100? Does that mean that the vote of each member of that 100 is 100 times more important than those in the city? Is there a tyranny by that 100, who have less access to free flowing information, who are too far detached from the majority of society to see what's going on? (Who vote for who appeals to their religious platforms?)

Who is really ruling America?
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:33 pm

mistermunster wrote:It's either ALL or NOTHING at this point. If he does NOTHING and doesn't take a bat to the GOPers then he deserves to lose next year. It's should be "NO MORE Mr. Nice Guy" and stick to what he is currently saying on the road.

he is such a nice guy that he has a 26% support and that means 76% say he stinks! Take a bat to them too!?

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next