Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

+6
mistermunster
gettheminNOVEMBER
lendmeflight2
americatheneedy
exhaustedandtired/1208
carl98430
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia Empty Re: Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

Post by carl98430 Thu May 19, 2011 11:37 am

The president is announcing $2 billion in aid to Egypt and Tunisia. Someone please remind him that there are people in this country suffering as well. Will the Republicans call the Egyptians and Tunisians lazy? deadbeats? Doubt it. Sometimes I wonder about our government's priorities. I worked for YEARS, paid my taxes and contributed to the economy. When it comes time for temporary assistance, they play games in Washington as if people like us are afterthoughts. This is pathetic. Congratulations to the Egyptians and Tunisians.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia Empty US to send billions to Libya and Tunisia

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm

hey! let alone aid to Pakistan and Libya and God knows whom else!
You don't have to worry about Gov's priorities ,we are not a priority! We will not be a priority until election time. Even then they no longer fear the unemployed making any difference in any elections. Yrs ago a pres. candidate would bow to the unemployed and both parties would make their speeches around the unemployed. Now its unions or tea partiers!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia Empty Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 1:11 pm

President Barack Obama will announce plans Thursday to funnel billions of dollars in economic aid to Egypt and Tunisia as part of a broader effort to inject democracy into the Middle East and North Africa.

Obama will unveil a massive package of economic measures, including up to $1 billion in debt relief and another $1 billion in loan guarantees, during a speech on U.S.-Middle East policy set for Thursday morning at the State Department. Other pieces of the package include a new trade partnership with the region and a fund for stimulating regional private sector investments.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18/obama-middle-east-speech-billions-aid_n_863927.html

Back to top Go down

Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia Empty Re: Obama Middle East Speech: President Will Announce Billions In Economic Aid to Egypt, Tunisia

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 2:03 pm

I got up this morning, first thing I heard on the tube was this BS. People it is time for a revolution. What in the blank blank is this President thinking, how can he justify this stuff. I would never have thought in a million years that when the Country is broke, he would be stupid enough to actually announce this.

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Thu May 19, 2011 4:07 pm

While they cut benefits, sickening!!!!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Well, here we go again.

Foreign aid to promote democracy is something that this country has always done. Every president has done it and there have always been needy people in this country. This time it's us.

The difference between helping us and helping other countries is that to help us the president requires congressional approval but he can spend foreign aid money without it.

I know a lot of people won't understand that but "them's the facts".

The other side of this story, if you actually read it, is that $1 billion is in debt relief which is not actual money.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Lets see. two analogies:
1. Its about who is president now. Ok, so the others now a part of history but what matters is who is in charge now. because it will be because of his actions that will affect us in the immediate future!
2. We are neglected and the president is a man of great power and influence. Therefore if his priorities are elsewhere and his interest that best serve him are not with Americans and millions in need, then as a result we will continue to suffer.
3.Foreign aid is in his discretionary budget. And once his budget is approved he can use it as he feels. Also little congress can do after it has been passed except to complain but to alter how or where the money is spent will be another to add to a bill or create a new bill and hope the current president signs off on it!
If it ain't actual money why is Pakistan filling out claims to receive money and also so far they have requested 40 billion in us aid. It must be real money? Because it is going for things other than what they have said it is being used for!!! So if it isn't actual money why do so many want it from us???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

So what did Egypt do to get this aid? I sent President Obama some tweets. When he pisses me off he becomes President Obama! He still has my vote unless he kills my dog because the alternative is well, WORSE!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Thats if there is an alternative!!!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 pm

1208 it isn't just a matter of what we like and don't like, the US is a major player in the world. Aid to other countries will continue from all countries and it has to. Yes, we are hurting here, you can thank Congress and the Senate for that, even local government. You have never heard the President say he would not support us. He has never been given a bill that supports us.

We cannot take the attitude that because the unemployed are hurting that all aid stops. You would then see a massive depression and it would not be just here. We have to stop thinking that the world only revolves around us. We function in the world and it also has to continue. It doesn't make any of us happy but it is the way the world works, cutting aid, watching parts of the world destroy themselves will hurt us in ways that are far above many of our pay grades to try and stop. We need to focus on the problems we need help with and let the proper people decide who get what from us and why. Also, a big part of the speech dealt with how the aid is changing, who needs to be responsible for themselves and why. How the parts of the world are changing and also the humanitarian aspects of the countries receiving aid were told that certain behavior will not be tolerated.

I am a 99er and along with many here have been fighting daily for us to get the help we need, it doesn't mean I think that no one else should get aid, particularly when it could have massive consequences for all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu May 19, 2011 6:03 pm

The Aid is to preserve Democracy in the middle east I get that, but he is ignoring the real problem here and the Damn Republicans are taking away our Democracy here at home as I type this!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

MaryKay wrote:1208 it isn't just a matter of what we like and don't like, the US is a major player in the world. Aid to other countries will continue from all countries and it has to. Yes, we are hurting here, you can thank Congress and the Senate for that, even local government. You have never heard the President say he would not support us. He has never been given a bill that supports us.

We cannot take the attitude that because the unemployed are hurting that all aid stops. You would then see a massive depression and it would not be just here. We have to stop thinking that the world only revolves around us. We function in the world and it also has to continue. It doesn't make any of us happy but it is the way the world works, cutting aid, watching parts of the world destroy themselves will hurt us in ways that are far above many of our pay grades to try and stop. We need to focus on the problems we need help with and let the proper people decide who get what from us and why. Also, a big part of the speech dealt with how the aid is changing, who needs to be responsible for themselves and why. How the parts of the world are changing and also the humanitarian aspects of the countries receiving aid were told that certain behavior will not be tolerated.

I am a 99er and along with many here have been fighting daily for us to get the help we need, it doesn't mean I think that no one else should get aid, particularly when it could have massive consequences for all of us.

Marykay: I have no issue with your feelings or opinions at all. But mine are, BS aid.. The US is the major contributor to all the countries also it is expected from all the countries we contribute to we owe them.. We work and slave most of the common man. The middle class and the poor are sacrificed so we can send aid to other countries. This is the 21st century and other countries that rob from us "GOES TO THE GOVERNMENTS" to use and pocket and hoard.. Look at Sadam Hussein, he had billions stored and we contributed billions to him. All he had to do is play along with us but he got stupid. Now as for Egypt, Libya, and the Palestinians and more. Money is sent to them BUT you know what??? It goes for arms and fighting Israel and even us, the US.... The governments we send to do not GIVE it to the needy, they steal it and hold us hostage for millions more. They demand we send them money or else and we comply for fear of something starting or better give to us in the name of our starving!! Tell you what MaryKay,, give me facts and Proof of who actually receives the money and how it is used. Thats your balance of power and also global POO!!!!! I'LL tell you what.. Global isn't dependent on our money thats for Governments we give to to rob and steal it and hoard it.. The thing we give that goes to supporting them IS OUR JOBS!!!! Those go overseas by the thousands... Thats your aid!!! And its screw you unemployed.. You are lazy and drinkers and bums. The president is a co partner wth the repubs. he ignores us because it isn't good for his reelection image.. The repubs. battle is for their rich friends. We are in a sewer pit and they are covering us over so we cannot be seen or heard!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, that's a typical conservative mentality, "If part of it is bad, then all of it is bad".

Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the money goes to starving people is impossible and you know that.

It's actually funny because all the examples that you always use of money from America going to foreign dictators, like Saddam Hussein, were given by republican presidents.

You are the only person I know that can use examples of bad things that republicans have done and use it against a democratic president that has done none of those things.

As I said before, half of the money is debt relief anyway. Debt relief, by definition, is excusing debt that they owe us. So there is my proof that a lot of it is not actual money.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 6:40 pm

You know its sad to liken our plight to this example: But I liken our situation to being overboard in an ocean and yelling for help and our wonderful leaders (both sides including U NO who) throws us a life ring and boy they look good but no one notices the rings are filled with weights!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu May 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Can we cut Pakistan off please? They just lie to us and use the money to build bombs to face at India. OUTSOURCE THAT INDIA YOU SHOULD BE PISSED!!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu May 19, 2011 6:50 pm

I don't maybe I am just a "kool aid drinker" but those republican life rings look a lot more weighted from where I sit.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Yep, you are right!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I don't maybe I am just a "kool aid drinker" but those republican life rings look a lot more weighted from where I sit.

Oh well. Its just a question of which ring is more weighted. really don't matter unless you are the overthrown person in the water!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by carl98430 Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 pm

Lendmeflight, "debt forgiveness" might not be actual money (and I agree with you there), but there could also be debt forgiveness for the states. That's what Senator Durbin's legislation proposes, in a way, as a means of allowing states to better handle repayment of their loans to the federal government for UI programs. Let's see what kind of support Durbin's legislation gets in both houses, particularly given that it would essentially render 1745 unnecessary and irrelevant.

I have no problem with foreign aid, in general. But please tell me when Britain, France, Germany (or collectively, the European Union) holds a press conference or otherwise announces billions of dollars in aid to Africa, the Middle East, etc., or provides for debt forgiveness. We don't have to be the economic burden bearers of the world. I worked hard and paid my taxes and contributed to this economy, yet I have to beg and write letters, and tweet and fax to beg my government to extend temporary assistance to me, an American citizen. I have 27 years of full-time, uninterrupted professional work experience, but even if I had only worked for 2 years, there should be something in place FOR ME from MY COUNTRY, as a measure of temporary aid.

The folks in Washington need to show more respect for Americans who built this country and made it what it is. I applaud the people who stood up against their regimes over there, but none of those people punched a single time clock over here or had their parents, grandparents or sons or daughters die in battle defending the United States. Foreign aid is necessary, but help your own first and help others in conjunction with your allies. That way you spread the cost. We're the "let Mikey do it" country in the international system. Militarily, I can understand why, but economically, let China or the EU give the bulk of the aid to Egypt and Tunisia and everybody else. Damn, we can't even get 14 weeks of extended benefits.

carl98430

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 7:06 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Well, that's a typical conservative mentality, "If part of it is bad, then all of it is bad".

Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the money goes to starving people is impossible and you know that.

It's actually funny because all the examples that you always use of money from America going to foreign dictators, like Saddam Hussein, were given by republican presidents.

You are the only person I know that can use examples of bad things that republicans have done and use it against a democratic president that has done none of those things.

As I said before, half of the money is debt relief anyway. Debt relief, by definition, is excusing debt that they owe us. So there is my proof that a lot of it is not actual money.

Ok, Lendme, you know we are just sparring! But 1. to use the repubs. and say I am the only person to use bad things the repubs. have done and use it against the president... Lendme, Surely you can do better than that! What a cop out! If its bad its the repubs. if its the president its using the repubs. bad things against the president. That is like saying he has no flaws.. Give me a break!! Nuf said about that! But Hello! Pakistan fills out claims as other countries and they justify their claim for billions by saying they are or were looking for Bin Laden, or they are seeking out terrorist or support the US. Then we look at the claim and pres. says OK sent thm 100 billion... Then they use it for their build up arsenal.. Give me a break. The other countries that we contribute to, come on! Countries that get money like Egypt, are now run by the military! Who do you think gets the bulk of the money! Saudi Arabia, they look in our faces and we sent them arms and money while they are the richest country... and others.. You are right Sadam.. Yep. that was even before bush.. that was carter and clinton and nixon and others. I agree with that part. but we are held hostage or even give to terrorist sponsored folks to be used against us.. I bet 70 or 80% of the money doesn't reach the true needy! Even at that we send them our money because we are a rich nation. so we can take the rich money and send to other countries and yet we can't the tax and take from the rich to support our own unemployed... Also because we are America we owe all the other countries.. Because their governments do not want an economy or capitalist style.. they take from the US and keep the money for their use and demand more. The only thing they take for the people is OUR JOBS!!!! We're screwed from both ends!!!! Hello! But you are my friend... we are just sparring...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 pm

I asked a few 99ers that have been on the Ed show and in the papers why the 99ers are not getting help. They all say its all because the unemployed are not loud enough?

That might change??
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 pm

I believe that to be true getthem. we are definitely not loud enough due to the fact that not enough of the unemployed are speaking up. I do believe that with states cutting back benefits already in place that people will start though. They to will be "99ers" even though they may not get all 99 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 7:21 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Well, that's a typical conservative mentality, "If part of it is bad, then all of it is bad".

Ok, Lendme, you know we are just sparring! But 1. to use the repubs. and say I am the only person to use bad things the repubs. have done and use it against the president... Lendme, Surely you can do better than that! What a cop out! If its bad its the repubs. if its the president its using the repubs. bad things against the president. That is like saying he has no flaws.. Give me a break!! Nuf said about that! But Hello! Pakistan fills out claims as other countries and they justify their claim for billions by saying they are or were looking for Bin Laden, or they are seeking out terrorist or support the US. Then we look at the claim and pres. says OK sent thm 100 billion... Then they use it for their build up arsenal.. Give me a break. The other countries that we contribute to, come on! Countries that get money like Egypt, are now run by the military! Who do you think gets the bulk of the money! Saudi Arabia, they look in our faces and we sent them arms and money while they are the richest country... and others.. You are right Sadam.. Yep. that was even before bush.. that was carter and clinton and nixon and others. I agree with that part. but we are held hostage or even give to terrorist sponsored folks to be used against us.. I bet 70 or 80% of the money doesn't reach the true needy! Even at that we send them our money because we are a rich nation. so we can take the rich money and send to other countries and yet we can't the tax and take from the rich to support our own unemployed... Also because we are America we owe all the other countries.. Because their governments do not want an economy or capitalist style.. they take from the US and keep the money for their use and demand more. The only thing they take for the people is OUR JOBS!!!! We're screwed from both ends!!!! Hello! But you are my friend... we are just sparring...

I just read an article this morning about why it is important for the US to continue doing this. I thought the same way you did 1208 until I read this article. I was naive to how this works. Apparently it is detrimental to the US dollar to continue sending money to other countries. I will try to find the article again, it really clarified things for me and I now see the importance of it. Our dollar is losing value and if we don't continue to do this we will lose big time and things will get unimaginably worse here for us all.

Maybe someone a bit more savvy in this area (I am not lol) can explain it while I look for the article?

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 7:22 pm

You know Getthem!! You know on the old E-F's you and I got into a serious debate and afterwards we shook hands and have got along eversince. I appreciate that! I also agree and get frustrated that even with members help on the forums. MOST do not get active. They are complacant and also et the others in more serious dire straights be the voice and if something good gets done they benefit. Also those unemployed not on any of these or at least active really surprise me. It would be amazing to know of say 15 to 20 million truly out of work and who once had jobs just to be so laid back and not even expressing anger and frustration about not having work and not finding work. I often feel many of these have spouses incomes or secondary incomes and not hurting and just in a HoHum state of mind! Nice to be complacent and really do not care or have a need, but boy it sure hurts the big picture. I guess the politicians can just say the majority of unemployed do not care.. because of laziness and Hohum of many.. If the truly millions hurting collectively got together and said enough is enough boy it would shake them up! As I have said many times, yrs. ago when economies got bad the politicians running for office would panic and pander to the unemployed and be frighten for their political lives.It was totally about unemployed. but now thats why they say the unemployed are lazy and not looking because millions are in a do not care mode. Wow sad day!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:

I just read an article this morning about why it is important for the US to continue doing this. I thought the same way you did 1208 until I read this article. I was naive to how this works. Apparently it is detrimental to the US dollar to continue sending money to other countries. I will try to find the article again, it really clarified things for me and I now see the importance of it. Our dollar is losing value and if we don't continue to do this we will lose big time and things will get unimaginably worse here for us all.

Maybe someone a bit more savvy in this area (I am not lol) can explain it while I look for the article?

Its like this! I say this with respect and truth!1 We are in a new day and age! We criticize other countries and justifiably so. Dictators like Almondgeniejad! And Hassad and more. BUT our political system is so corrupt. Our leaders do the same thing that the tyrany gov's do except they do it more diplomatically. They manipulate they cut programs for the needy and elderly in the name of spending when its for the rich and both sides cater to sectors of society for their election and political survival. Bottom line is>>> NO MORE INTEGRITY!~ Some of our leaders are as corrupt as foreign governments.But they do it is style. You know smiling faces tell lie's... They take us down by means that are in the name of running a government! Thats my take. I still think we have the best system and gov. but it does get corrupt until as lone as we can still have free elections once in a great while we may elect a politician that serves our true interest and gets us back on our feet again. So as long as we can vote our leaders there is always a chance of electing a great leader. But few and far in between!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next