Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
PA EB Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

PA EB Question

+5
marsbars19335
cablab
Rose
PamelaJo
Atctz
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PA EB Question - Page 2 Empty PA EB Question

Post by Atctz Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can answer a question I have on PA State EB.

I know that with PA unemployment at 7.5% State EB will trigger off on June 11th. I also know that their is legislation that will give PA a three year look back so that the 13 week regular EB will continue past the June 11th deadline. I have looked and looked and cannot find any information on where this bill now sits. I know that a state republican's bill to continue the EB but to cut other unempoyment benfits was shut down and rejected, but that's all I can find. No info on if this bill will be debated and we will continue EB past June 11th. Does anyone know what the current PA EB three year look back legislation status is ? Many thanks for reading.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

PA EB Question - Page 2 Empty Re: PA EB Question

Post by PamelaJo Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 am

UPDATE REGARDING PA EB:

I just received a letter (mailed on June 7th) from the PA Dept. of L&I informing me that ALL EXTENDED BENEFITS PAYMENTS IN PA END ON JUNE 11, 2011.

The letter also states that "as a result of a drop in PA's unemployment rate for the three-month period ending in April 2011, the state no longer qualifies for the extended benefits program."

In addition, "If you are among those with a remaining balance in their extended benefits, those benefits cannot be paid after June 11. 2011."

Finally, they add "If further extensions become available, the department will notify you and all individuals who may qualify for them."

So, that's the latest news direct from Harrisburg.

There is also a note at the bottom of the letter which says we can get info about programs which are available for those who have exhausted all benefits by going online to :

www.HereToHelp.pa.gov

Sorry the news is not good and that those in the General Assembly did not act to adopt the 3-Year Look-Back. They may still be working on that, and I assure you that I will continue to contact the lawmakers and do everything I can to call attention to the matter. I urge all of you to do the same. We must continue to fight, as the employment situation in PA is not really as "optimistic" as our leaders believe it to be...or, I should say, as "optimistic" as they would have the public believe. They know things are not good, but as has been the trend throughout the country, our leaders seem to want to gloss over the facts. Denial can only get them through for so long. I believe they will have to acknowledge the crisis very soon. I would like to think that will cause them to realize they MUST act on passing these bills!

Pamela Jo
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:34 am

DesperateInRI sent this link from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette from June 8th. This looks to be a good sign. As I said earlier I think they will pass this probably next week, but their will be a delay for everyone on EB in getting payments.

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t2619-house-panel-oks-changes-to-unemployment-rules#28525.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes3511 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't know if this helps, but I was issued a payment today and I'm on hup. They also sent me 4 more claim forms I think it's just a mistake on their end.

agnes3511

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:36 pm

I am on regular EB and I also got a payment made today. They also sent me 4 more weeks of forms in the mail yesterday. I am honestly confused as to what to do now. If I mail in my claim form tommorow I wonder if they will just discard it, or keep it on file if and when this bill passes? Calling the UC service center is a waste of time, they know less about this stuff then we do. I am just hoping they pass the bill for the three year look back on Monday.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes3511 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:41 pm

I called the uc service center and was told the 3 yr. look back if passed will only include eb and not hup, so if your on hup your uc benefits are done.

agnes3511

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks for the info agnes, I just started regular EB so I still should have like 10 weeks left or so. I'm amazed you got someone to tell you that. When I called last week, the guy I talked to told me he had no idea about three year look backs and seemed very annoyed at the thought EB being continued.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Atctz wrote:I am on regular EB and I also got a payment made today. They also sent me 4 more weeks of forms in the mail yesterday. I am honestly confused as to what to do now. If I mail in my claim form tommorow I wonder if they will just discard it, or keep it on file if and when this bill passes? Calling the UC service center is a waste of time, they know less about this stuff then we do. I am just hoping they pass the bill for the three year look back on Monday.

You should keep claiming until the bill passes. I believe they did that in NC and when EB was reinstated, those that had continued certifying after EB was shut off got their checks without having to call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks DRI, I was not sure if they would just throw out any forms received after the 11th.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes3511 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:01 pm

When i called yesterday a very nice lady talked to me, she also said they were on mandatory overtime thurs. and fri. to try to get as many payments out as possible by the 11th and i apreciated that because mine are usually not pocessed until the tues. after i send it.

agnes3511

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 pm

It's hit or miss with those centers. I have has some wonderful reps who really went all out to help me, and answer any question, and I have had some that make you feel like your a worthless slug leeching off the state.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:10 pm

I had good ones too Atctz. As far as I can remember, you should keep claiming, they will process and hold until the bill is signed and then start releasing checks. I am pretty sure, they have bumped people in to different depts. to hand the crush of unemployment claims. It's all processed and deposited, but the Federal Benefits are administered by different people than the EB or HUP EB, they are administered by the state. The only way the call center reps can answer questions is if you claim has been processed and logged then they can help you. If it has not, you are instructed to give it at least 10 days before calling.

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:15 pm

what is the difference between federal benefits EB AND HUP EB? I'm confused please help

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:18 pm

c62ta68 wrote:what is the difference between federal benefits EB AND HUP EB? I'm confused please help

EB is the 13 weeks of state extended benefits. HUP provides and additional 7 weeks in periods of high unemployment. I believe "high unemployment" is considered to be a state ue rate of 8% or higher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 pm

You collect federal for the first 26 weeks and then move to the tiers. When that expires you are entitled to EB, which is state extended benefits (in some states) if unemployment remains really high as it has then you can (in some state) move over to HUP (high unemployment period) EB, which is also state extended benefits. That applies to PA, I am not totally familiar with all of the states, some don't even grant 26 weeks, much less 99 weeks. The 99 weeks does include the EB and HUP EB. Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:23 pm

thank you so much ! I'm on EB I mail in forms every week so what is the federal benefits is it something different? I just hope they mail my next 4 claim forms I have 9 weeks left Im in PA

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 pm

As of right now, PA, if reinstated, is eligible for EB only. Because the state's unemployment rate is 7.5%, HUP will not be extended. Hopefully they will pass the bill quickly in order to receive the full 13 weeks of EB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks for the Help Marykay and DRI.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:30 pm

This is where I am confused. I was told by the one supervisor at the UE office that Hub will be back if the lookback is passed. She said the only thing that is gone is tier 4.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by agnes3511 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:58 am

I spoke to them also and hup will not be reinstated as part of the lookback only eb.

agnes3511

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:47 pm

My friend has one claim form left should he mail that today its for the week ending June 11th thats his last claim form will he get paid for that week?

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for the Help Marykay and DRI you 2 know more than most people at the uc office if they get a chance to answer the phones I know they only know what they are told by their bosses

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by lagoonc Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm so glad to find this thread....would the EB three year look back apply only to those who are already receiving EB? I am almost through my Tier 3 federal unemployment, will I still be eligible for EB if the three year lookback occurs?

lagoonc

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Yes you would be eligible.The three year look back would keep the 13 week EB in place. Those still on it , and those that will be needing it after the tier exhaustion would benefit. The only thing that will not continue is the 7 week HUB payments since our unemployment level went below 8%.We just have to see when they will get the bill passed.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:37 pm

thanks Atctz for all your quick replies it helps God Bless I have an interview today @ 2 its far away but I need to work I will keep everybody posted wish me good luck

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:54 pm

No problem c62ta68, Good luck in your interview!
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next