Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

+8
mistermunster
Carol in CA
Angelicrisis
Judi58
Jobless_in_Ma
nuttin2lose
troycomic
gettheminNOVEMBER
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 Empty Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

@RepBarbaraLee
Rep. Barbara Lee
Looking fwd to mtg with @SpeakerBoehner tmrw AM to discuss aid for long-term unemployed workers

Tweeted from rep Babara Lee and the crew of 42.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:33 am

I agree Carol. We also have to find a way to reach out to the newly unemployed and help them prepare for whats to come.

I don't think many of the newly unemployed realize what they are in for. Its hard to imagine being unemployed for 2 yrs or more. They need to know what they could be facing.

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:40 am

I wish they would get it over with and say "no". We don't need to beg anymore, they just keep stringing us along. With the people expecting EB "they did a bate and switch", you are in good company. With the exhaustees and the EB people and sympathizers joining in it will not be a pretty sight. American(s) hate when they are told "no" so with the simple word "no" will come the pissed-off, when Americans get pissed, there is no telling what will happen but I'll bet on pissed-off Americans, any day of the year, not soft emails responded to us with basically pre-written subject letters, it is too soft, and an affront to my mentality. I am tired of a "soft" campaign, hey they have some nasty campaigns, we need a hard campaign. As far as Kent State goess, Nixon ain't around anymore. The fear monger are trying to say, oh remember Kent State where they brought in the military, fired on the students, I can't even imagine this considering what is happening all around the world, can you see Egyptians turning on TV watching the US fire on its citizens. Remember we are not students we are adults. We need a war, we need to get this government out and put in control people that understand the economy cannot be carried on the middle classes back, We need to take control of this country (what we can't replace the government but Egypt can), I will not carry this economy on my back, instead of GE. Tax GE, tax Mr. Rich who will never spend a cent to help this economy recover. Answer, Oh no, they might move. crap, I can't move from this country, tell them they can't, make up a penalty law, we get 50% of your profits, because your company was built on the hard working backs of Americans. Take those stupid TV commercials off TV where everyone is driving a Mercedes and the kids are playing in the pool, this is not representative of middle American anymore. LETS GET REAL!!!! It is time to forget about hr589, and get moving to take our country back and get rid of all those greedy Buttwipes on Capitol Hill. You know they will give us nothing unless we demand it. How many times have you received a raise without asking for it, demanded it, not many. Middle Class America has to wake up, hr 589 is a hinderence at this point, don't kid yourselves, we are trying to soft sell it, and it ain't gonna work, we need to hard sell it. We gotta take to the Capital. I am going to say we can get help from Union members as far as transportation is concerned. If you don't believe me, EB was here, almost gone, gone, gone, went. Think they could have funded your bill on all the money the Feds are saving on EB. Nope. I refuse to waste my time on hr 589, Don't you get it on EB, they knew they would not be spending what they put aside for EB, they had the reports from the Philadelphia Feds, it is a pennies on a dollar. Don't you think the people on or to start EB deserve it before the EXhaustees, I mean you got yours, in the last couple weeks i lost Tier 4, and only through a miracle did I find a single site, just one article that PA said PA would lose EB May 9th. I an a divorced mom with a daughter in college, I am the only income. What am I supposed to do. If they take EB from me do you really think they will give you an additional 14 weeks in Tier 1. An ice cube has a better chance in hell. They had all this planned. I will wait until they tell you no, then I will see a bunch of piss-off Americans and be happy. Dazed

Last edited by Dazed&Confused on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:18 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Hate me if you wish!)
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:42 am

Update from the Crew of 42:
Meeting in the morning… Yesterday morning, House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor have to attend another White House meeting with the President. Why is this important for the 99erst? Because the volatile and completely unpredictable nature of the ongoing budget debate over the next few days can easily interfere with the much anticipated meeting. Suffice to say that Emergency Unemployment Benefit Act authors, Reps. Barbara Lee of California and Rep. Bobby Scott of VA understand they want to push for an emergency designation to fund the bill in these austere times.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5385

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 am

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Guys N gals, lets remember this is just a meeting to discuss possible offsets and to present it to them. This still has to go through the house and senatate as well.
I don't expect to hear we will be getting xxx weeks tomorrow. That is just unrealistic.
What I would expect to hear is how the meeting went and if there will be any movement on the Bill.

JiM... damn straight. I agree totally with you. One thing though... they have indeed had the time to contemplate what the results should be "in principal" but not necessarily how to get there.

Should be interesting. We should indeed provide Senator Lee our support and praise with tweets, etc... galore tomorrow!

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:12 am

http://unemployed99er.blogspot.com/2011/04/still-unemployed-congress-needs-to-get.html

I am starting a blog which comments on daily events as they unfold. Wont be pretty since I have nothing nice to say about any of the politicians or the situation in the US. Anyways, my first blog attempt so any feedback would be appreciated.

hello

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 Empty Please Continue to Take Action!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 am

DesperateInRI wrote:UPDATE 4/13/2011:
KEEP H.R.589 ON THE CALENDAR...
Please see our TAKE ACTION page

Rep. Lee’s office has announced that the meeting with Rep. Boehner has been confirmed for Thursday 4/14. There is another budget deadline this week. It is advised that you continue to reach out to Rep. Boehner’s office through the evening requesting bi-partisan support for H.R.589. The calls, faxes, tweets and e-mails are making a difference!

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

New Article focusing on the 99ers and H.R.589:
http://www.theroot.com/views/when-unemployment-runs-out-meet-99ers

All contact information is here! Please email, fax, Tweet tonight and early tomorrow!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1550-contact-information-re-lee-scott-meeting-with-gop-leaders-today
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1721-important-house-of-representatives-database-contact-sheet-for-hr-589

Please Take Action Now!!

diffrince

backflip

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 am

DesperateInRI wrote:Update from the Crew of 42:
Meeting in the morning… Yesterday morning, House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor have to attend another White House meeting with the President. Why is this important for the 99erst? Because the volatile and completely unpredictable nature of the ongoing budget debate over the next few days can easily interfere with the much anticipated meeting. Suffice to say that Emergency Unemployment Benefit Act authors, Reps. Barbara Lee of California and Rep. Bobby Scott of VA understand they want to push for an emergency designation to fund the bill in these austere times.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5385

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 am

I just found this tweet from Crewof42 sent out about 5 minutes ago...

Crewof42 LaurenVictoria Burke
STILL ON.... 99 Within 24: 99er Lee-Boehner Meeting on Thursday Morning STILL ON...http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5385 #99ers #unemployment

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 481655 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 459299596

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:29 am

I am hoping with everything I have that they will move forward on this bill... I have no cash to get my Maintenance meds(thyroid and hypertension), even with generics. Things are looking pretty dismal- I ran out of benefits late last year, applied yesterday for a part-timne kitchen job at a local tavern- found out this morning they hired a 20 year old...sigh....feeling pretty stretched out and STRESSED OUT!

CLO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:37 am

CLO wrote: I am hoping with everything I have that they will move forward on this bill... I have no cash to get my Maintenance meds(thyroid and hypertension), even with generics. Things are looking pretty dismal- I ran out of benefits late last year, applied yesterday for a part-timne kitchen job at a local tavern- found out this morning they hired a 20 year old...sigh....feeling pretty stretched out and STRESSED OUT!

I know how you feel. I have been without benefits for over a year. It is pretty discouraging when you apply for hundreds of jobs and never get a response. I am out of my hypertension meds too and I am beginning to feel the affects of it. If they would only realize how many of us there are! The majority of us don't qualify for anything but food stamps, and those are on the chopping block. Trying to stay positive, but sometimes it is so hard. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

Crewof42 LaurenVictoria Burke
URGENT: Boehner-Lee-Scott 99er meeting happening NOW in Boehner's office in heart of US Capitol NOW #99ers #99er #unemployment #jobless

BRAND NEW TWEET
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 am

The CBC has an alternative budget proposal which (I believe) includes funding for us, & will be on the floor today. #HR589

Another tweet
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:52 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote: Crewof42 LaurenVictoria Burke
URGENT: Boehner-Lee-Scott 99er meeting happening NOW in Boehner's office in heart of US Capitol NOW #99ers #99er #unemployment #jobless

BRAND NEW TWEET

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 468390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:The CBC has an alternative budget proposal which (I believe) includes funding for us, & will be on the floor today. #HR589

Another tweet

surprise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 am

Praying Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 168630 chier

PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! I pray we hear some sort of good news today..even if its just to tell us that they agreed to work something out. That would make me VERY happy

I CANT STAND THE ANTICIPATION Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! - Page 2 552349450

Back to top Go down

Post by Woof Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Woof
Woof

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:37 pm

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5414

huff post interviewed Rep Lee after the meeting. I dont know what to think i could barely hear it. I'm watching it again now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:38 pm

it seems the speaker realizes its urgency but its all about how its going to be paid for. we shall see....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I suggest we start to bombard Reps Lee & Scott to tell them we want them to do what ever possible. Lee mentions in the interview that it is a matter of if they should change the rules of benefits or continue to offer benefits as emergency spending...I SAY ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!! We need it paid for (obviously) GET HER DONE DAMMIT! They also mentioned job creation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

I dont know if anyone else picked up on the first video when they are trying to get comment from cantor but it sounded to me like he was saying it has to be paid for?? I can barely hear that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 pm

MEETING OVER! LOCKING TOPIC. PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD FOR UPDATE. ALSO PLEASE KEEP CONTACTING!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1749-meeting-over-with-gop-leaders-crew-of-42-update#17739

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum