Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

+8
mistermunster
Carol in CA
Angelicrisis
Judi58
Jobless_in_Ma
nuttin2lose
troycomic
gettheminNOVEMBER
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! Empty Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:25 pm

@RepBarbaraLee
Rep. Barbara Lee
Looking fwd to mtg with @SpeakerBoehner tmrw AM to discuss aid for long-term unemployed workers

Tweeted from rep Babara Lee and the crew of 42.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! Empty Re: Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Great! I just hope that the discuss what they are going to do, not if they should do.
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! Empty Re: Meeting this Morning for HR 589! Please Take Action NOW!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:36 pm

I hope she has her SWAGGER ON tomorrow! 34343234
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:48 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
@RepBarbaraLee
Rep. Barbara Lee
Looking fwd to mtg with @SpeakerBoehner tmrw AM to discuss aid for long-term unemployed workers

Tweeted from rep Babara Lee and the crew of 42.

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 780423 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 468390 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 895764

nuttin2lose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:58 pm

About time!! Thank God. Lets pray this goes well noow..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by troycomic Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:11 pm

I HATE TO SAY BUT TOMORROW IS OUR LAST CHANCE. IF SHE COMES OUT OF THE MEETING WITH OUT ANYTHING BUT "WE WILL ADD XX WEEKS" WE ARE DONE.

I HATE TO SAY THIS AS WELL, BUT JUST LET US KNOW. I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE LET DOWNS, NO MORE EMPTY PROMISES, NO MORE THE FIGHT HAS JUST BEGUN. BASICALLY I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE HOPE.
ALL THIS THIS IT'S JUST BEEN HOPE FOR THE DOPE
SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP
CAUSE I'M AT THE END OF MY ROPE
NEW JOBS ARN'T THERE TO SCOPE
AND MY GIRL LEFT ME, SO NOTHIN TO GROPE

TOMORROW I JUST WANT AN ANSWER TO MOVE ON.
(sorry if this is too negative I need closure)
troycomic
troycomic

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:10 pm

troycomic wrote:I HATE TO SAY BUT TOMORROW IS OUR LAST CHANCE. IF SHE COMES OUT OF THE MEETING WITH OUT ANYTHING BUT "WE WILL ADD XX WEEKS" WE ARE DONE.

I HATE TO SAY THIS AS WELL, BUT JUST LET US KNOW. I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE LET DOWNS, NO MORE EMPTY PROMISES, NO MORE THE FIGHT HAS JUST BEGUN. BASICALLY I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE HOPE.
SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP

I am right there with you... if she fails to come out with an answer it is over... and yes closure is what is needed false hope is more then I can handle anymore
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Guys N gals, lets remember this is just a meeting to discuss possible offsets and to present it to them. This still has to go through the house and senatate as well.
I don't expect to hear we will be getting xxx weeks tomorrow. That is just unrealistic.
What I would expect to hear is how the meeting went and if there will be any movement on the Bill.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Judi58 wrote:
troycomic wrote:I HATE TO SAY BUT TOMORROW IS OUR LAST CHANCE. IF SHE COMES OUT OF THE MEETING WITH OUT ANYTHING BUT "WE WILL ADD XX WEEKS" WE ARE DONE.

SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP

I am right there with you... if she fails to come out with an answer it is over... and yes closure is what is needed false hope is more then I can handle anymore

I beg to differ the fight is not over until the jobs market is fixed and the banksters are in jail and the middle class finds its voice again. Battles are won one at a time the war is won through many battles.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Judi58 wrote:

SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP

I beg to differ the fight is not over until the jobs market is fixed and the banksters are in jail and the middle class finds its voice again. Battles are won one at a time the war is won through many battles.

I like the way you think, in all reality the American people need to see that money put back into making this country what it is suppose to be.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 895764 Praying 34343234

Hopefully, we will at least get a better feel for where we stand. I am praying with all my might that something good comes out of this!!

Good luck and ongoing prayers everyone!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Judi58 wrote:

SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP

I like the way you think, in all reality the American people need to see that money put back into making this country what it is suppose to be.

That is the bigger picture no one sees.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! Empty It is Official! Meeting tomorrow for HR 589! Please Start Contacting NOW!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:32 pm

UPDATE 4/13/2011:
KEEP H.R.589 ON THE CALENDAR...
Please see our TAKE ACTION page

Rep. Lee’s office has announced that the meeting with Rep. Boehner has been confirmed for Thursday 4/14. There is another budget deadline this week. It is advised that you continue to reach out to Rep. Boehner’s office through the evening requesting bi-partisan support for H.R.589. The calls, faxes, tweets and e-mails are making a difference!

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

New Article focusing on the 99ers and H.R.589:
http://www.theroot.com/views/when-unemployment-runs-out-meet-99ers

All contact information is here! Please email, fax, Tweet tonight and early tomorrow!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1550-contact-information-re-lee-scott-meeting-with-gop-leaders-today
http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1721-important-house-of-representatives-database-contact-sheet-for-hr-589

Please Take Action Now!!

diffrince

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm

We really need to add a demand for a Jobs Plan too.

Peoples Budget not the Richy-riches Budget!! Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 34243
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:40 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:We really need to add a demand for a Jobs Plan too.

Peoples Budget not the Richy-riches Budget!! Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 34243

WPA or CETA would make the most sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 562135 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 137906 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 671705 Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 450627
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Happy dance Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 132551 Happy dance

Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 758924

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Angelicrisis wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Judi58 wrote:

SO JUST SAY NOPE
I'LL SIT AND MOPE
I CAN'T AFFORD SOAP

That is the bigger picture no one sees.

I know and in my opinion the politicians have done a good job of distracting Americans ( Not that it has'nt been that hard...look at how many have given up) and making them way too complacent of what is going on. Nothing does change if the desire to change isn't there. Anyway good post, and I wish everyone the best in general and for tommorow.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 pm

Ditto Jobless_in_Ma and same DesperateIn RI. I will consistantly hope and have faith that the outcome will be good. I can also thank this site, its been a good place to not only vent but has proven to be more intellectually stimulating then anything those overpaid *^&^*&& have produced.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:48 pm

This meeting with Boehner and Lee is not the end of the world.
Some people give up too easy.
Remember that famous saying by JFK and Bobby Kennedy, "When things get tough, the tough get going."

Carol in CA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:04 am

I agree Carol, its a start, and its what we have been hoping and waiting for.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:05 am

Carol in CA wrote:This meeting with Boehner and Lee is not the end of the world.
Some people give up too easy.
Remember that famous saying by JFK and Bobby Kennedy, "When things get tough, the tough get going."

And we will not stop until we get help or they create JOBS! Meeting this Morning for HR 589!  Please Take Action NOW! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:38 am

Regardless, we will NEED help anyway as their track record on job creation has been very limited and VERY slow if NOT non-existent. And any real job creation for the future will still take time. So what do we do until then? how do we survive? It's so damn sad that all these sorry-ass baboons in DC didn't jump on the bus 2 years ago to fix things. Add to all the fighting, dodging, back-peddling etc. they do that has got us to where we are now. Sad Evil or Very Mad
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:57 am

We need to get a Think Tank going and all Brainstorm some good ideas for survival till the jobs come if ever.

Carol in CA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next