Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help!

+5
wantjob
rxfranimal
mistermunster
Jobless_in_Ma
gettheminNOVEMBER
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Empty Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help!

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

THURSDAY: Lee, Boehner, Scott, Cantor to Meet on H.R.589 99ers #unemployment extension bill http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5219 #99ers #99er #WH

***Please see below for Urgent Action to be taken and conact information!***
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Empty Re: Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info getthem!!

Back to top Go down

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Empty Re: Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help!

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Very important part of this article. To those who read and were discouraged by the CBC meeting with Obama.

Nabors tossed out a number last Wednesday as the five CBC members met
with the President that reached $20 billion is somewhat of a surprise.
Regardless, if Reps. Lee, who is on House Appropriations and Scott, who
is a former member of the Budget Committee and will soon present the CBC
budget on the floor of the House, can find a way to pay for the bill,
Nabors estimate could be rendered moot.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Maybe now that Obama is against it the GOP will be for it. Send messages to the GOP if they pass this bill the unemployment rate will go up and make Obama look bad.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:49 pm

I hope Lee brings a bat and cracks some sense into GOPer noggins. Razz
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 pm

can't knock sense into an empty head mm. ...if they only had a brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm on it, too, Desp.

Thanks so much for posting that getthem. Made me feel a little better about the whole thing.

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by wantjob Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 895764 I said last week that I won't fax or email any more letters but with this news I am going to send out hundreds of letters just to get Boehner, Cantor and the senators sick of me until Thursday.

wantjob
wantjob

Back to top Go down

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Empty Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 pm

The following is the latest statement from the Crew of 42, the website of the Congressional Black Caucus. Reps. Lee and Scott will meet with Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor on Thursday, April 7 to discuss HR 589.

Please continue to contact everyone involved in that meeting, including the CBC, Boehner, Cantor, President Obama and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan. Keep the emails, faxes and tweets going through Thursday! We can't stop. With many states now cutting EB, more and more unemployed Americans will be without benefits. HR 589 must be brought to the Floor and passed without any further delay.

With a Federal Government shutdown looming, it is the right time to ask for a compromise on this legislation that will affect millions of Americans.

Please take time out of your day between now and Thursday to contact the individuals listed below. Don't assume everyone else is going to. We need EVERYONE to participate in order to get this through.
Again, Unemployed-Friends2.org cannot stress enough the importance of a strong, united effort beginning now until Thursday.

This is it, folks.... IT IS UP TO YOU!

In the middle of an ongoing budget battle and with the black unemployment rate at 16.8%, Reps. Lee and Scott will attempt to make a case for their legislation to the House GOP leadership this Thursday. Meanwhile, the House GOP Budget team, lead by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, is set to announce the de facto elimination of Medicare and Medicaid on Tuesday.

One of the major questions regarding H.R.589 is: How much it will cost.
The bill has not been officially scored and no one I’ve talked to seems to know exactly how much the bill costs. That White House Legislative Liason Rob Nabors tossed out a number last Wednesday as the five CBC members met with the President that reached $20 billion is somewhat of a surprise. Regardless, if Reps. Lee, who is on House Appropriations and Scott, who is a former member of the Budget Committee and will soon present the CBC budget on the floor of the House, can find a way to pay for the bill, Nabors estimate could be rendered moot.
The meeting between Reps. Lee and Scott with Cantor and Boehner is set to happen the day before the government could shutdown — at least for a weekend — if a deal is not reached to fund the government for longer than a few weeks. The issue of an unemployment extensions represents the first time House leadership has given an audience to an issue involving the poor and disadvantaged.

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5219

Contact Information: Call, Email or Fax

Speaker John Boehner:
http://www.speaker.gov/Contact/
Leader Eric Cantor:
http://www.majorityleader.gov/Contact/
President Barack Obama
http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
Congressional Black Caucus - Leave a Comment
House Budget Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan:
https://paulryan.house.gov/Contact/Email.htm

Use these addresses for Rep. Ryan email contact:

20 South Main St. Janesville, WI 53545-3959
5455 Sheridan Road Kenosha, WI 53140-3734
216 6th St. Racine, WI 53403-1214

Suggested Letter as a member of the American 99er Union:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t1275-breaking-news-march-24-news-from-the-99er-union-update-on-hr589
Tweet:
Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Images19
@SpeakerBoehner John Boehner
@GOPLeader Eric Cantor
@BarackObama
@RepPaulRyan House Budget Committee Chairman

Facebook Contacts:Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! Faceb14
Speaker John Boehner
https://www.facebook.com/johnboehner

Leader Eric Cantor

https://www.facebook.com/ericcantor

Official FB Page for House Republicans

https://www.facebook.com/republicanconference

Official Whitehouse FB Page

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse

https://www.facebook.com/reppaulryan

*"Like" the page, post your comment and "Unlike" if you wish.

112th Congress House Schedule:

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t842-112th-congress-2011-house-of-representatives-legislative-calendar

Note: We have just under two weeks to get this done before they leave for a two week break!

Take Action NOW!

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Not stopping. Will continue straight through until the bill is signed. Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:28 pm

A day thick with irony: as we mourn a man who spoke for the disadvantaged, we hear that helping the #99ers is"cost prohibitive"
My tweet to that twit Obama
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 pm

#99ers made it in the top ten hashtags again just so you know.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:56 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:#99ers made it in the top ten hashtags again just so you know.

I tweeted your tweet to all on the list above.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:#99ers made it in the top ten hashtags again just so you know.

I tweeted your tweet to all on the list above.

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 468390 Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 34243
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 pm

cheers As small of a thing this may seem to some people, it really isnt small at all. People pay attention to twitter and this will definitely draw attention

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 am

Working straight through until we get help. Thursday's meeting. Today Whitehouse meeting Harry Reid, John Boehner and the President.

Get our voices heard. Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 pm

i'm in - anyone else I should contact? I faxed Boehner, Obama, Cantor & Reid.
Let me know. Gotta use these typing fingers for something :-)

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 pm

rxfranimal wrote:i'm in - anyone else I should contact? I faxed Boehner, Obama, Cantor & Reid.
Let me know. Gotta use these typing fingers for something :-)

Congressional Black Caucus - Leave a Comment for CBC Chairman Emmanuel Cleaver

........and

One of our biggest obstacles:

https://paulryan.house.gov/Contact/Email.htm

Use these addresses for Rep. Ryan email contact:

20 South Main St. Janesville, WI 53545-3959
5455 Sheridan Road Kenosha, WI 53140-3734
216 6th St. Racine, WI 53403-1214

Thank you for supporting the 99ers!!

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 pm

okey dokey - I'm on it Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 137906

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Are Lee & Scott just going to walk away and say nothing when they are told TOO COSTLY???

They Otta take some of US (99'ers) with them to the meeting and televise it.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

We have to keep fighting. We don't know that they will walk away. We don't know the entire content of the meeting or how that was said. It was one article. We can't afford not to fight.

Everyone saw Paul Ryan's news conference, if we stop fighting now, we will wind up with no SS, no medicaire/medicaid and if they have their way, we'll all be left with nothing.

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 34243

Last edited by MaryKay on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm

MaryKay wrote:We have to keep fighting. We don't know that they will walk away. We don't know the entire content of the meeting or how that was said. It was on article. We can't afford not to fight.

Everyone say Paul Ryan's news conference, if we stop fighting now, we will wind up with no SS, no medicaire/medicaid and if they have their way, we'll all be left with nothing.

Lee & Scott to Meet with GOP Leaders Thursday - Please Read! We need YOUR help! 34243

MaryKay, I never said I was giving up...I was just stating that I feel like our work is done in VEIN sometimes. Don't you worry, I will fight. But I don't always think they are helping to really help, sometimes it's to help themselves.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

ss, I wasn't directing that at you at all. I would never think you would give up. I agree that Paul Ryan (Eddie Munster all grown up) is out for Paul Ryan and he is appeasing his base and his contributors. I also think that budget for fantasy land he delivered today, with everyone standing behind him nodding, has just fired up the Dems. That budget is going nowhere. It would never get past the Senate, it would get vetoed by the President.

So, sorry ss, didn't mean to offend you. I also corrected my typos in that post, boy my typing was bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainer123 Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed about the meeting tomorrow.I have been sending emails like crazy (have been for months) but I am not encouraged

rainer123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next