Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed.

+19
girl16
mawinz2
Kathleen
lollipop
delko
unemployedandroid
Really?
Nuwanda
exhaustedandtired/1208
gettheminNOVEMBER
Dazed&Confused
lendmeflight2
Judi58
NY Lady
Kathy
Brain Droppings
Redpossum
evw59
Jobless_in_Ma
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 Empty How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think we can all agree that being long term unemployed takes its toll on individuals as well as families. How do you deal with all the effects of being long term unemployed?

I beleive this topic could be useful for those who are struggling to deal with the day to day.

Please offer your coping mechanisms and any advice you may have for those who are struggling to hang on.

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 578472
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

This is definitely the most stressful time in my life. If it wasnt for my dog and a support group like we have had, Id of lost it already.
On top of all of this,I'm separated from my wife and a divorce seems imminent.

This is why I created this thread, I want to know how folks deal with all of this.

Thanks for all the feedback by the way.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed.

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:19 am

I try to look forward to something. Right now, I am looking forward to baseball season. It starts march 31st I think and I am looking forward to watching some games until I find work. It keeps me calm.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:53 pm

bounce
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:58 pm

I can't anymore. I give up. It is Saturday night and I am sitting in front of my computer with no where to go. Pretty sorry life.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Get out and volunteer your local ASPCA or shelters need you. If you can't deal with animals there are other projects out there. How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 448292 How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 26336

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:11 pm

one way to deal is not get over zealous about false hype on failed bills introduced that never had a chance! Funny also how dialog has diminished from the cheerleaders! all the let our voices be heard crap!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:one way to deal is not get over zealous about false hype on failed bills introduced that never had a chance! Funny also how dialog has diminished from the cheerleaders! all the let our voices be heard crap!

Way to an!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:17 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:one way to deal is not get over zealous about false hype on failed bills introduced that never had a chance! Funny also how dialog has diminished from the cheerleaders! all the let our voices be heard crap!

I am new here and I don''t want to go to far with this but the only thing I have left is hope. I will keep "cheerleading" until the darn bill is passed. If you want to stop, you can. We are better off without negative people in this battle anyway.

I am sorry administator but I just can't hold it together much longer. Comments like this make people give up. I was in another group that did the same thing and I left. I was hoping to find a more positive attitude here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Here you go again with your negative rants. What does this have to do with how you deal with the anxiety of this horrible situation we are ALL in.

What was the point of making the comment "Funny also how dialog has diminished from the cheerleaders! all the let our voices be heard crap!"

How does that help folks if they are reading this thread looking for ways to minimize anxiety??
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Way to an!

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 86524

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:20 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Way to an!

scratch an??? Is this new slang Im not aware of? Basketball
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Way to an!

How do you deal with the stress and anxiety of being long term unemployed. - Page 2 86524

be an A$$!

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:01 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Way to an!

A$$!

Embarassed Sorry, NOVEMBER. You have a long name, can I call you NOVEMBER?

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:05 pm

tiya wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Way to an!

A$$!

Embarassed Sorry, NOVEMBER. You have a long name, can I call you NOVEMBER?

You can do what ya want that is the beauty of life. Just please vote in November. Very Happy
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuwanda Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:50 pm

I dont have any real methods of dealing with it.. I pretty much just take it as it comes to me. MANNNNN is it tough to do it most of the time... Ive had serious anxiety problems lately. I try to just relax my body and my mind and focus on something positive.

Sometimes it works.

Worth a shot........What the heck right.
Nuwanda
Nuwanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Really? Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 am

Everyone is different but I have found it is critically important for me to keep a routine. If i don't then I end up on the couch feeling sorry for myself and ticked off at the world.
I try to put out resumes and apply for any jobs early in the morning. I walk a couple of miles to the shore midday and in the afternoon I go back to job hunting.
Really?
Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:15 pm

Lots of interesting coping techniques.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployedandroid Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:02 pm

since the weather has warmed up, i'll be back to the garden listening to music. that was always therapeutic when i was working. great way to reach some inner peace.
but i know i'll still be combing the web and roaming the city dropping resumes.
like everyone here, just trying not to mentally beat myself up unnecessarily.
maybe with that Supermoon last night, well see something more positive in our skies.

unemployedandroid
unemployedandroid

http://www.unemployedandroid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Keep the ideas coming folks! Smile
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:35 pm

bounce
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Well, I've tried 'pretending' that's its now the new 'normal' for a 40 year old man to have unstructured time on his hands. It works for a while, but then something always knocks you right off your rocker. Things that if you had a job, would just be a blip on the radar screen. Like the $2000 vet bill I got nailed with this week. We saved one of our sick buddies, a little min pin named Gizmo. But I also grew angry that I am counting and pinching pennies, that I had to even comtemplate any alternative other than to just pay the bill and get the dog nursed back to health.
My Parents have also recently fallen ill. So thats been soaking up alot of time too.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by lollipop Tue May 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Good Afternoon from Dallas Tx. I am dealing with the stress with prayer & Trust & Believing that God will hear My Heart. I have 3 children & a Grandson that needs for me to stay strong.
lollipop
lollipop

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Computers have been my life and identity since the late 1980’s. Job hunting is all online these days and if there aren’t any postings to apply for I read white papers and news or work on my databases of books, movies and job searches. I take classes and also teach at the local libraries. I feel like I am working – just haven’t been able to translate that into a paycheck. Today I wish it were Saturday so I could just do nothing, well posting here is kind of goofing off. It’s a state of mind…
Oh yeah, unemployed for 2 years, since April 2009.
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by mawinz2 Tue May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Whenever I feel anxiety or depression coming on I clean. It is very therapeutic for me and the house has never been so sparkly before! I find if I keep busy doing something physical that I have no time to ponder the downside of all this.

Now that the weather is warming up I will be walking and working in the yard to help me forget that I have been screwed by the government and my last employer.

mawinz2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Tue May 10, 2011 4:00 pm

How the hell can you deal with anything related to being unemployed and in desperate need of the 14 weeks and all they do is play politics and one has to be an bad person to think they give a crap about us. Boehner is holding fast and saying that for every amount of debt ceiling they raise he wants trillions in spending cuts! So who the hell is going to feel it. Those who need it the most! Someone is going to have to get a message across to the repubs. you absolutely cannot keep hurting the unemployed and SS and medicare and needy and ignore the rich. They are worse than Libya's leader. They do not have to shoot us, hell just cut everything we are Dependant on and we are history! We need to vote and take away their power and arrogance. The dems. and Obama have become wimps too.. Stand up for nothing! Guess I just showed how I deal with the stress Hum???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next