Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students

2 posters

Go down

National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students Empty National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 pm

http://innertubes.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/national-student-walkout-planned-by-madison-wisconsin-high-school-students/

Michael Moore reported at approximately 9:40 EST PM on the Rachel Maddow Show, that High School students in Madison, WI are calling for and organizing national high school students to walk out on Friday, March 11th, at 2:00 PM
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students Empty Re: National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

wow, good for them. However I am sure there will be lots of backlash for doing it. Brave!
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students 34243

Back to top Go down

National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students Empty Re: National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:wow, good for them. However I am sure there will be lots of backlash for doing it. Brave!
National Student Walkout planned by Madison, Wisconsin High School Students 34243

Isn't it great to see students interested in current events? I have heard about many student walk offs since the protesting started in Madison, unfortunately, these are not getting much attention. Below are a couple that I remembered off the top of my head.

From Feb. 17
Student walk-out at Appleton West High School
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/Student-walk-out-at-Appleton-West-High-School

From Feb. 15
Appleton East students show support for teachers
http://www.postcrescent.com/article/20110215/APC0101/302160043/Story-photo-East-students-show-support-for-teachers

Back to top Go down

Post by dmbishop Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 pm

My kids are out of high school. If they were still in...i certainly encourage this as a parent.
Our high school is at the end of my street. I WILL STAND WITH THEM !!1

dmbishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Oh, I just love how Michael Moore seems to always gets his facts mixed up. IN the "call to action" he says mentions "firefighters and police" when they weren't even targeted in this bill to break the unions.

I just wish he could do his research before he opens his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmbishop Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Lets get rid of those pesky child labor laws too!

dmbishop

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm

kemcha wrote:Oh, I just love how Michael Moore seems to always gets his facts mixed up. IN the "call to action" he says mentions "firefighters and police" when they weren't even targeted in this bill to break the unions.

At first they were and then the Walker took them out. They still stood with the rest of the Unions. Look a Jersey FF and police are fighting back there too.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Funny that you mention "child labor". As it so happens, Republicans are trying to get rid of those laws.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 pm

kemcha wrote:Oh, I just love how Michael Moore seems to always gets his facts mixed up. IN the "call to action" he says mentions "firefighters and police" when they weren't even targeted in this bill to break the unions.

Michael Moore has lost his appeal to me.
I used to like his stuff but you are correct in his being uninformed.
Kind of like that Bill murry guy. Hope I spelled his name correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

I have to admit that when he first started doing his documentaries, that I thought he was a new upcoming talented filmmaker. His films since those early days just don't rub me the right away. He seems to have developed a more "in your face" attitude about his documentaries.

I don't know. It just might be me but he seems abrasive ... at least, to me, he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down