Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
I am in shock and desvistated EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
I am in shock and desvistated EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
I am in shock and desvistated EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I am in shock and desvistated

2 posters

Go down

I am in shock and desvistated Empty I am in shock and desvistated

Post by tmess813 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

I am not really sure what to do or say at this point.....
In July 08 my husband was laid off.......the day we got back from our honeymoon.....3 months later I was pregnant. Months before we started to struggle since he was in construction but held on....maybe they felt sorry for him knowing he was getting married.....

We dealt with the good and bad.....almost lost our home....unable to find work he has been Mr Mom and I worked long hours. The company I worked for was sold to an off shore company in India.....I sat thru months of stress and lay offs with no raises. Somehow I held on and just prayed for something better.......all this time I have faxed and emailed in support for the unemployed especially the 99ers....as my husband has been since May of last year.
In November I was offered a job with a great company doing the same work making more money and I got to work from home.....it was more than I wished for.....just received an evaluation and had the highest score of all employees.....they put in for a raise....asked me to be a part of a pilot program they were doing to expand the business in other states....
We were finally coming out of this black hole.....still hoping for help for the 99ers......still faxing and emailing but starting to see the light..........

Until yesterday when I got a call saying the work flow had dropped and they had to lay me off....They said it had nothing to do with performance and hope to be able to call me back at some point......I am really lost....in shock....no sleep....can't eat.....what are we going to do....why does this keep happening to us? The only income now is 1 person on UE....WOW ...I went from being finally able to smile and be happy to wanting to roll over and just give up.....but I can't give up.....our son is our life and we won't let him suffer....

Thank you for bringing this site back....without it I don't know what I would do.....its my only source of info.....

tmess813

Back to top Go down

I am in shock and desvistated Empty Re: I am in shock and desvistated

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry to hear that and its an all to familiar of a story. Our "leaders" on the hill talk a good story on what they are going to do and the economy is getting better. They all need a swift kick in the butt.

Rick Scott from you state is real scum. He made his fortune ripping people off and now wants to cut education at the tune of 1.75 billion and hand 1.6 over to the rich in tax breaks. He is a bum and needs to be recalled.

I hope things get better for you and I will pray for you and your family Praying
Please feel free to come here and vent that is part of the reason why we are here.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 am

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:I hope things get better for you and I will pray for you and your family Praying
Please feel free to come here and vent that is part of the reason why we are here.

X2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:30 am

Hi, tmess813! Sorry to hear about your job loss. I can imagine how devastated you must be. In one way, you have an advantage over the millions of unemployed - right now, you don't have the label of being long term unemployed. Hopefully, it won't take you long to find another job.

Welcome to our family. I know you will find all the prayers an support you need to get through this tough time.

Good luck with your job search. I hope it won't be long until you are back on track in the world of "the employed".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 am

tmess, we are all here. I am sure this hurt deeply and we will all pray for you and your family. Don't give up. We will see this through.

When and if you need us, we are here.

Back to top Go down

Post by tmess813 Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 am

Thank you everyone.....this site has taught me so much since I found it back when my husband was receiving UE and we didn't understand any of it...I didn't post a lot due to being the one that worked in the family but..I have laughed and cried with everyone.....I really woke up to what was going on out there with Al's story and realized how much I needed to fight along with all of you.....
I will continue to fight for 99ers as well as find the strength to pick up the pieces again.....My hope is we all find peace of mind again and a happiness we once knew......

tmess813

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello and welcome, tmess813.
congrats on getting married and the birth of your son. I am so sorry you guys have to start off your honeymoon years in financial distress. This may make your marriage stronger though, if you guys can make it through this you can make it through anything.
My husband is in construction too and has been out of work since sept. 2008. He is finally going back and is just waiting for the project to start. Any day now! construction in Mass. is making a slow comeback, I am not sure about Fla but maybe your hubby will get to back soon?
We are glad you found us...we are here for you!
Ongoing prayers to you and your new family Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down