Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Food Prices Soaring ....?? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Food Prices Soaring ....??

3 posters

Go down

Food Prices Soaring ....?? Empty Food Prices Soaring ....??

Post by LeannaAndPerry Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:38 pm

I had to stop off at the grocery store last night and wow. I must say that I should have went grocery shopping and filled the freezer up. Everything is skyrocketing. Even the milk is now $6.00 a gallon. It was just $4.59 two days ago. Such a jump in cost. And the ice cream was going up to. They just haven't made it that far to get it in the computer. So hubby bought two gallons to store in the deep freezer. The workers and managers (who know me well) was telling me to get up there and start stocking up that their price change sheets resulted in many hundred items going up in price last night. I should have went back but I was too tired. I am on my lunch break right now, I might go after work. But thought I would drop in see if anyone else is having food prices shoot higher?

It isn't enough the gas prices are so high we can't afford to do anything but go to work, now we can't afford to go grocery shopping. Such a shame.

Don't they know if we can't afford the gas to get to the grocery store we are going to starve? This is insane~

LeannaAndPerry
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Food Prices Soaring ....?? Empty Re: Food Prices Soaring ....??

Post by Falcon7 Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm

Yea prices are going up a lot, but where exactly do you live, $6.00 a gallon for MILK??
I paid $2.99 in Ohio yesterday highest in a long time.

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm

I went to Krogers with my mom this morning and it was on sale for $1.99. But, this is only the beginning. While Bernanke keeps telling the American People that inflation is not a problem, I'm thankful that the market forces don't listen to Bernanke.

Inflation is going to become a bigger problem and not even Bernanke's flair for sugar coating the issue will be enough to affect the market. Long as Bernanke keeps spending $600 billion dollars every six months to keep Wall Street from sinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Be careful with buying packages that look the same as before but aren't. Namely the number of ounces of product. A good example is ice cream. Used to be a gallon of ice cream was just that but now many companies are selling 3/4 of a gallon charging the same price or higher than before. It's happening with paper products (tp, tissue, paper towels), cereal, crackers, cookies, dairy, and some canned goods. Meat, fresh fruit and vegetables are all increasing in price. The rise in fuel prices is contributing to a lot of the rise but companies are also trying to recoup profits by using deceiving practices meaning the consumer is paying more for less...

BLeep
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by LeannaAndPerry Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:38 pm

I live in Trenton Georgia. I was at a local grocery and it was actually $5.99 But that grocery was up here on this mountain. And the Brand was a National Brand here is Mayfield. The generic branded milk was much cheaper, like 3.99 or so, I think I saw one brand at 4.29 but I've tried those and the milk just doesn't taste right. Luckily we don't have children so we get off cheaper using half gallons at a time. And hubby loves cereal. I told him though, might have to slack off on cereal, he just rolled his eyes. haha

Edited because I added something....

Family lives in Oklahoma and mother keeps telling me that she has never seen prices so high as they are here where I live. She keeps telling me to move. I said momma, we can't afford to move. Anyway.... lol

LeannaAndPerry
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 pm

Companies are just trying to lower how much food, per package, that you receive while paying the same price. They tried this little trick a few years ago, in an effort to squeeze more profits.

I'm just more selective at how I'm using the $200 that I receive every month from the food assistance program. My mom spends $100 during the first week of the month, then she gets her food assistance benefits and uses that $100 the following week. Then, the remaining portion of our benefits, from my $200, we try to stretch it out for the rest of the month.

We've been doing pretty good so I have no complaints.

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Coupon shopping is a biggie for me and if it's not on sale I don't buy it!!!

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm

When gas goes up almost everything goes up!

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

I don't normally use coupons because we usually do our grocery shopping at Krogers or I'll buy some items at Walmart, some light grocery shopping.

Krogers has these discount cards, when you check out, you just scan the card and digital coupons automatically deduct the discount.

Food Prices Soaring ....?? 938557

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:10 pm

chopthis91 wrote:Be careful with buying packages that look the same as before but aren't. Namely the number of ounces of product. A good example is ice cream. Used to be a gallon of ice cream was just that but now many companies are selling 3/4 of a gallon charging the same price or higher than before. It's happening with paper products (tp, tissue, paper towels), cereal, crackers, cookies, dairy, and some canned goods. Meat, fresh fruit and vegetables are all increasing in price. The rise in fuel prices is contributing to a lot of the rise but companies are also trying to recoup profits by using deceiving practices meaning the consumer is paying more for less...

BLeep

You must be thinking of a 1/2 gallon of ice cream (at least I've never seen 3/4 of a gallon of ice cream) the 1/2 gallon went down to 1 3/4 quarts and now it's 1 1/2 quarts.

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by LeannaAndPerry Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Yeah, Our Mayfields Ice Cream is 1.75 quarts. So, I now realize it's not a half gallon anymore. Sad

LeannaAndPerry
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:28 pm

We're kind of cautious on what we spend our funds on, for food ... and budget it pretty accurately. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum