Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Desparate and at the end of my rope EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Desparate and at the end of my rope

4 posters

Go down

Desparate and at the end of my rope Empty Desparate and at the end of my rope

Post by serhardt25 Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:30 pm

I posted a while back and got some good support from everyone. However, life is going very bad for me at this time since I cannot find a job to save my life. Everything is going to shit including all of my relationships, health, sanity, and my security. I just got cut off from extended EUC and I really don't know what to do next. I suppose that I will return once again to being a thief to survive, but I really do not want to do that. I have literally applied to hundreds of jobs over the last few years and keep drawing blanks, but yet, I have been told that I have an outstanding resume. I just do not understand this at all!! Don't get me started about all the snide comments from other people over the last few years about my inability to obtain gainful employment. I have been called a loser, criminal, addict, white trash, and worse.
All of this has destroyed my self confidence and employers see it a mile away and I know it. I am stupid enough to keep sending out resumes and applications to no avail and I just keep digging a deep discouragement hole for myself. I would not blame my wife if she kicked me out of the house today. My being unemployed and my mood swings have been hell for her and this makes me feel very bad for her. I suppose she would be better off with someone else that can provide a good future for her. I did everything right from the getgo such as serving my country, holding meaningful employment, and earning a four year degree in three years. I guess hard work, motivation, and dedication don't count anymore in these days.
Now, I look to 2014 to being an equally bad year for me and I have lost all hope of ever getting back on my feet since I am 45 years old and I might as well retire and try to go an disability. I am only trying to reach out to someone and not be accused of being a whiner or a crybaby. I am just looking for support from someone who is understanding and most of all, non-judgmental.

serhardt25

Back to top Go down

Desparate and at the end of my rope Empty Re: Desparate and at the end of my rope

Post by elvis44102 Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't know where uou are in the euc extensions but there is a good chance congress will authorize a 3 month renewal.

Do not let others define you, you know you are worthwhile.
For what its worth, I am a recovering substance abuser, and all the economic crap of the last few years has not led me to return to THAT.
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Desparate and at the end of my rope Empty Re: Desparate and at the end of my rope

Post by 503Depressed Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:29 am

There are still a few of us online....many have taken to facebook, and an unemployment group on LinkedIn. It is very discouraging, but somehow we have to find a solution, most likely by creating our own.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:44 am

The main thing is to not forget who you are, in this crappy environment we find ourselves in THROUGH NO FAULT OF OUR OWN! You DID do everything right. It's just that in the years leading up to the economic collapse, a group of useful idiots decided who got to stay and who didn't. That's why many (including those useful idiots) are still gainfully employed, and others aren't.

Use the beginning of 2014 as a fresh start and try to forget about what happened in the past. In the past 5 years, few companies were hiring. THIS is the bottom-line reason nobody hired you. Those other reasons were just a bunch of BS thrown at you by people who didn't fully understand your situation.

Resolve to be gainfully employed in 2014. And thank you for your service!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by 503Depressed Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:18 am

here's something to chew on: http://libcom.org/history/1930-1939-unemployed-workers-movement

And it is something that we all need to think strongly about reviving....otherwise the idiots who are now in charge won't listen.
503Depressed
503Depressed

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:23 am

Wow, it's infuriating how, at the beginning of the Great Depression, the government lied to the people, ignoring that a disaster had occurred.

The depiction of what went on during that time is eerily reminiscent of the events of today, less (at least so far) the widespread protests and riots of unemployed workers.

And they say we're not in a depression. Yeah, right!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down