Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed.

+2
elvis44102
Sierraman
6 posters

Go down

Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. Empty Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed.

Post by Sierraman Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm

I am still working as a Cashier for Walmart and have been for 6 months and so far, these past 6 months have been the most stressful 6 months of my life, not just because I both go to school and work, but because Walmart is probably the worst job I ever had.

First of all: The entire store is disorganized to a T, we don't have enough people and the company does that intentionally to save money so on some days I am doing other people's jobs and they once put me in electronics despite me having no training in that area and not knowing what to do at all, all that does is screw the customer because it creates bad customer service and most of the time it's not the associate's fault, it's store's penny pinching policies.

Second: It feels like Nazi Germany. I know that is an extreme accusation, but that's how I feel. There is one manager who I absolutely can't stand and she pretty much leads by bullying the cashiers into doing their jobs and treats us like children, one time, I was wearing a green jacket under my blue shirt (Dress code allows you to wear a sweatshirt or jacket of ANY color as long as you wear a blue shirt over it) she stopped me about it and told me i was only allowed to wear white or blue under, i tried calmly explaining what i had seen on the rule book and then she said: "You wanna argue with me". I rest my case. Only at this job, I get yelled at for following the rules.

Third: all cashiers are judged by a system called "Scans per hour", basically the number of items scanned per hour, and recently a manger chastised me for not being up to speed on it even though NOT ONE customer has ever complained I was slow, That's right, the management judges me not on my customer service, not on compliments, not on how helpful I am, but by a STUPID FUCKING NUMBER that only corporate cares about to make them look good.

So basically to sum it up: Walmart sucks because: Under staffing, Treating the employees like adversaries, and only caring about the bottom line.

But hey, "It's a job".

Sierraman

Back to top Go down

Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. Empty Re: Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed.

Post by elvis44102 Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I have a friend who just got a waitress job, and they will send her home early if not busy and they seem to be just generally abusive..

I tell her at least some money is better than NO money and keep looking...

I know when i delivered pizza a few years back, the manager was always under "corporate pressure" to keep the ratio of workers hours to sales "correct" (good old computers) thankfully he was a good all around manager to work for...

some managers barely know how to talk to people let alone treat them with dignity....and THAT really is important
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed. Empty Re: Thought getting a job would be awesome, but it has made me more stressed.

Post by LostRealist91 Sat May 04, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. My boyfriend went through the same thing when he was underemployed at little caesars. They did not judge him on his hard work or if he was on time but on if "customers called in saying he wasn't working". For they knew those people could be enemies of my boyfriend just trying to get him fired. And guess what? it did... they unjustly fired him when most of the managers did not even directly watch him. It was basically corrupt work politics. Thankfully, two weeks after he was unemployed he got lucky and got hired at OSH and is treated way better there. Hopefully you will find a job where they will treat you like a human being. I personally envy you even though you are yelled at because I'm unemployed. If I were you though, I'd keep a voice recorder on when you work so you can keep tabs on what these people say to you and you can take it to HR to prove you're being mistreated.
LostRealist91
LostRealist91

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Sun May 12, 2013 12:56 pm

LostRealist91 wrote:I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. My boyfriend went through the same thing when he was underemployed at little caesars. They did not judge him on his hard work or if he was on time but on if "customers called in saying he wasn't working". For they knew those people could be enemies of my boyfriend just trying to get him fired. And guess what? it did... they unjustly fired him when most of the managers did not even directly watch him. It was basically corrupt work politics. Thankfully, two weeks after he was unemployed he got lucky and got hired at OSH and is treated way better there. Hopefully you will find a job where they will treat you like a human being. I personally envy you even though you are yelled at because I'm unemployed. If I were you though, I'd keep a voice recorder on when you work so you can keep tabs on what these people say to you and you can take it to HR to prove you're being mistreated.

Glad your boyfriend got a better job.

Low wage work, abuse really sadly has become a given.

No

Trust me the bosses are getting abusive even in higher echelon jobs, treating employees like dirt.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by DD Mon May 27, 2013 2:48 pm

It seems to be this way in every retail situation....I know all about the scans per minute scenario, although I was working part time at a different chain.
All I can say is hang in there....workplace bullies suck & I am a true believer in Karma....they will get theirs!!
Keep talking to us:)

DD

DD

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky Mon May 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Yes you will not find lower end managers at Walmart in the cream of the crop, so they need some brainless quantitative methods to measure performance.

Also I am sure returning to work after a long time unemployed is very hard, always remembering what you do not want to go back to (unemployment) while putting up with the work front. Mentally it is something very hard to understand for someone who has not been unemployed like many at your company.

But yes hang in there. Other companies and countries are even worse.
sparky
sparky
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down