Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore?

3 posters

Go down

Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? Empty Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore?

Post by Marian Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I've gone through my own personal Hell over the past two months since my UI benefits were cut earlier than expected thanks to the new inhumane law...

Now, however, I am attempting to do some negotiating with two possible job offers. Is it possible? Do jobs offer any benefits anymore?

Other than this I've been pulling myself together with odd jobs; babysitting, housesitting, pet care, elder listening (literally just listening) and more little things...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? Empty Re: Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore?

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 am

I wish you the best. Having a job offer is an awesome feat in this economy. I've also been trying to
Keep it together working odd jobs, mainly painting. I was let
Go few weeks ago and was on 1099 so doubt I'll be able to collect.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore? Empty Re: Is It Possible To Negotiate Anymore?

Post by Marian Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks!

Good luck to you too!

I had an offer to do Nanny work and to keep a 1099...the mother was really fickle so decided against that one. At present, it looks like I will probably teach in a school and do part time Nanny work...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Great. Keep us posted.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Thank you!

I'm trying to negotiate what really are "basic" benefits... We'll see if I get any... The scary thing is that you can negotiate yourself out of a job offer if not very careful these days...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Marian, great to see you. I hope everything works out for you with teaching and nannying.

Please stay in touch, we all miss seeing you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Thank you!

It's a little discouraging trying to negotiate with potential employers these days.... Nanny work actually pays better than does teaching--if you can find a family to work with...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Marian, good luck with the negotiating, so sad that a person has to for basic benefits. I laugh when I see that the school districts want the applicant to pay for the FBI background check, and the required health certificates for various strains of virus that you must be up to date on. All this you must accept to do even before you get an interview. And, you have to pay in close to a mandatory 9 percent to the state pension fund. As an older applicant, your out of the pocket is basically going to take you several pay checks to gain on it. Anyway, good luck again to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you! Yes, not to mention all of the certifications that need to be updated every few years... It's rough and then when they won't even pay for a few sick days or National holidays? Jeez!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:29 am

Congratulations Marian, and best of luck with the rest of the hiring process. I hope you get the best offer you can possibly get.

Yeah, it's a total disgrace what's going on now. In such an employer's market, everything is being questioned, including whether companies should pay their employees healthcare, or even pay them for sick days, personal days, or holidays. Why should they? They feel there's pleanty of candidates, and no need to be competitive with other employers.

Corporate America has broken the public trust, both with its consumers and with its employees. Let's just pray that this economy eventually rights itself and forces these companies to again offer basic benefits to it's employees, AND TO START HIRING AGAIN!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:51 am

Thank you!

Yep, it's awful!

Finally, I was able to negotiate and at least get sick days and vacation time. I don't get health benefits and the job pays much less than I've made in years, but it's close to home (less gas money) and the school owner is nice. Thankfully, I can also babysit which does pay well...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down