Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!!

Go down

Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! Empty Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!!

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Food stamps and the Child Tax Credit have been shown to lift people out of poverty and reduce the severity of poverty.

The U.S. House of Representatives will vote this Thursday on a bill that will increase poverty.
Please tell them to vote NO. (send an email - it will just take a minute.)

The 46 million food stamp/SNAP recipients will lose some or all of their assistance, about 5 million low-income children will lose the Child Tax Credit. And millions of others will lose health care, child care, and even protections from abuse and neglect. That is, if the bill, H.R. 4966, the Sequester Replacement Act of 2012, becomes law.
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/125/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=10371

Back to top Go down

Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! Empty Re: Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!!

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 6:17 pm

affraid Evil or Very Mad

Done sending emails now!

Back to top Go down

Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!! Empty Re: Thursday, May 10 - House Vote to Increase Poverty - Tell Your Representative to Vote NO!!

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

I don't mean I'm done sending emails, that looks wrong lmao..l meant
Done as in consider it done, I'm sending them now Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 pm

This bill doesn't need to get through the Senate as well??/ Man I'm really screwed if they take away my $200 in foodstamps. That is all the help I get and my roomate lets me stay without paying BUT will not buy me food too.

This is just another devastating blow to Struggling Americans.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Just Called Congressman David Driers Offices both in D.C. & my local office & signed the petition. Pretty much a lost cause from my end here Congressman Dreier is against anything that will help anybody. He is pretty much in bed with Boehner.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 7:59 am

superstevies wrote:This bill doesn't need to get through the Senate as well??/ Man I'm really screwed if they take away my $200 in foodstamps. That is all the help I get and my roomate lets me stay without paying BUT will not buy me food too.

This is just another devastating blow to Struggling Americans.
It will have to pass the Senate, but I'm sure there will be no problem getting through the House. I believe this is part of Ryan's Budget. I saw an editorial in the NYT that part of this reduction is restricting the amount of time you are eligible for SNAP.

I would love to know what they are thinking! You can't get by two weeks now on SNAP benefits, yesterday the Senate GOP blocked the student loan interest reduction, beginning in June EUC08 will start phasing out, there is an all out effort to repeal "Obamacare" to prevent us from ever getting healthcare again.........the list goes on! The more they take away, the more power they seem to gain. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OUT AND VOTE IN NOVEMEBER! THIS CONGRESS HAS TO GO - ALL OF THEM!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum