Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

+4
Rose
Dazed&Confused
PamelaJo
mistermunster
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania Empty Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by mistermunster Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:49 pm

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania Empty Re: Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Some Republicans in Arizona have said they don't want to coddle the unemployed with federal deficit spending even if it doesn't affect the state's budget. Brewer said Republicans should put the federal budget deficit ahead of their jobless constituents.

"I understand that some legislators have concerns about the extension of unemployment aid," she said. "They worry about the federal deficit. So do I. But you don‟t balance the federal budget by turning your back on Arizonans in their time of need. That‟s not principled fiscal conservatism. It's just cruel. And we are better than this."

It is extremely cruel!! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania Empty Re: Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 pm

I applaud her on this, but don't honestly trust her completely. She is looking out for herself as well. Until now, reallly to be fair, until Cong. Giffords shooting, she was not a fan of unemployment, a huge Republican support straight across the board and a semi-tea partier. She does seem to have mellowed, but I think with the housing and unemployment situation in AZ being awful, she has come around, but again I think it's about how she will fare in all of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I urge everyone in PA and AZ to get on the emails and calls. This is just the way the Republicans will win this, us staying silent. As of Friday in PA it seemed a sure thing. Today they didn't vote on it. Don't go silent, it won't help the 99ers, but we need to make sure we help those about to trigger off due to "funny accounting" get the help they need too.

EMAIL AND CALL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Jan really began to be a shining star when she asked the President to send us troops to help protect the borders. We were having constant violence and lost a well known wonderful rancher who had actually been very much a humanitarian towards the people who were left in the desert by human trafficing. He was shot in cold blood one morning, it was just aweful for all the folks in southern az. But, Gabby's shooting has mellowed her as well, so you are right on that notel.

I have e-mailed Gabby's office, and signed all the petitions regarding EB in AZ. I also am not eligible to receive it, but know of folks who need it deparately. Thx again Mary Kay for your efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Geez, I need to work on my spelling, or slow down my typing speed. Maybe, not have a beer in the afternoon would be good to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 pm

It's okay disgusted, I do that all the time and then read it and think you all must think not only did I flunk spelling but have more than one beer. lol.

Thank you for your efforts disgusted. We all must stick together.

Back to top Go down

Post by PamelaJo Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Spent most of the morning emailing those in Harrisburg, PA. Hope they bring this to a vote soon and get some help to those who still have EB remaining on their UC claims. All replies indicate they "are working on it" but they need to move on it now.
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 pm

It will be okay for Pennsylvania, but they will wait until the last minute just to torture us. I want outta here, they just don't stop. Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 pm

I hope you are right dazed for all our PA friends. I do not trust your Governor. He would have been mine, but as a 99er, I had to move in with a friend and now live in NJ. I worked 38 years in PA and that is where I was collecting my UI. As of Friday, it was ready for signature, now today, no vote. I urge all Pa Members to keep up the calls and emails. Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania 562135

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

My friend just got 4 new forms today and he is just receiving EB. So I take that as a good sign for people on EB in PA. No more tier 4 or Hub knocks the number of weeks down quite a bit in a tough economy. PA is so big that certain areas of PA are way better off than others.

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 am

Very true, some counties are really hurting while other are relatively unscathed. They are continuing to send out the forms, but until the Governor signs it's not a guarantee of funds. I am hoping and still emailing and calling and will continue to do so. If and when he signs, they will begin to deposit the monies due. If they don't, there will be no payments made. They are instructing everyone to continue to send in their forms for processing until the vote is taken and the bill is signed.
But, unfortunately, the forms are not a guarantee that you will be paid unless it is passed and signed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:25 am

today the 14th Pocono News

Reference: Really we need all out war and overhaul this government, CNN said last week true unemployed (including all U's 39 million, do you believe this 39 million

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110614/NEWS90/106140314
Before you read this, let it be know that some of these reporters don't know what they are talking about.

Bookmark and Share
By Darwyyn Deyo and Eric Boehm
PA INDEPENDENT
June 14, 2011

HARRISBURG — Legislation to extend unemployment benefits to 45,000 Pennsylvanians who lost their extended federal benefits Friday is on hold in the state House, as lawmakers try to balance the cost of the bill with the state's $3.5 billion debt in unemployment compensation from the federal government.

Though the federal deadline to extend unemployment benefits passed on June 11, the measure waiting in the state House would be retroactive to maintain benefits for the 45,000 unemployed Pennsylvanians. The legislation also aims to restrict eligibility for unemployment benefits based on several factors to save some benefit costs, but it does not address the state's debt.

Several Republican lawmakers Monday said they were torn between the two sides of the issue.

"We have to get something done to extend the benefits. Everyone agrees on that," said state Rep. Kate Harper, R-Montgomery. "But we also have to do something to pay back the $3.5 billion debt to the federal government."

Harper was one of 30 Republicans — mostly from the southeast part of the state — to cross the aisle and vote to kill an earlier proposal, which would have addressed the unemployment debt with tougher restrictions on eligibility. That group is key to reaching an agreement on the issue.

Only California and Michigan have borrowed more from the federal government than Pennsylvania to cover unemployment compensation benefits during the recent recession.

But unemployment in Pennsylvania is down from a 15-year high of 8.8 percent in April 2010 to 7.5 in April 2011, according to the federal Department of Labor. As a result, the federal government told the state that the 13 weeks of federal extended benefits would expire this month.

While the state House bill would extend benefits to those losing their federal benefits, it also would require recipients to be actively seeking a new job. Another provision would prevent those who received more than $11,000 in severance pay from collecting state unemployment benefits.

Currently, there are no limits on collecting severance pay and no mandatory work-search requirement.

However, claimants are limited to 18 weeks of unemployment benefits, unless they had worked more than 18 consecutive weeks, in which case they are eligible for 26 weeks of benefits from the state.

The bill would increase the minimum amount of benefits per week from $35 to $70. To qualify for unemployment, the beneficiary would have to earn more than $116 per week, up from the current $50.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 am

It also further amazes me that when Tennessee realized they needed to pass the fix, it got done in 1 (ONE) day. I suppose the average $317 check in PA is just to much to hope for. Although MA has the highest benefits available, I think PA is next, but not for long. Rise up NOW.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:18 am

This is so upsetting how these politicans are playing with our lives like this. I cannot believe here in PA that they have not passed this fix yet. They had pretty much agreed to this in early May, then thay just forgot about it till the week EB was expiring. I still think that they will pass the EB fix, but who knows how much time they will take in doing it. It's so scary how so many of them have no compassion for their fellow man and woman.

I tell you I really want to see HR589 passed, not just because I may need it, but so many others that have been without any income for so long. I gotta say though that if all these state polticans are fighting to destory even the benefits that we were already agreed to receive I am beginning to think 589 will never even get a chance to be debated.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 am

I live in AZ and now will be without benefits due to the constant bickering in our legislature. 15,000 will lose their benefits. Our economy here is already suffering and this will no doubt hurt our economy more as people won't be able to put food on the table. I am really so sick of our politicians. I will continue with calls, emails, etc all day today.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:06 am

Thank you laine25. You don't want to give up now. 99erville is not a place you want to go, believe me. I am continuing to email and call for the extended benefits for all unemployed, not just the 99ers.

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Showdowns In Arizona And Pennsylvania Empty House Vote to Come Today???

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

House to vote on 2nd consideration of SB 1030 today (I hope)

HOUSE CALENDAR
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA
SESSION OF 2011-2012
HOUSE CONVENES AT 11:00 A.M. E.D.S.T.
TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011

SECOND CONSIDERATION
LABOR AND INDUSTRY BILL

SENATE

An Act amending the act of December 5, 1936 (2nd Sp.Sess., 1937 P.L.2897, No.1), known as the Unemployment Compensation Law, further providing for definitions and for relief from charges and for establishment and maintenance of employer's reserve accounts; providing for automatic relief from charges; further providing for qualifications required to secure compensation, for ineligibility for compensation, for rate and amount of compensation, for definitions and for rules of procedure; and providing for shared-work program and for applicability.(Senator GORDNER)--Labor & Industry, June 13, 2011

At least this is what the House Calendar says.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/SC/HC/0/RC/CAL.HTM
Do a search on above link "1030"

Dazed

Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks for the update Dazed. I tell you I cannot find any info on this issue outside of this forum and an odd news article here and their. Nothing really current on what the status of the bill is. I would have thought they would have passed it yesterday.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm

KYW Radio in the Phila area is reporting they are still working on this, has not been finalized apparently. I strongly urge all PA residents to keep vocal on this. It's not a done deal as many stations and papers were reporting.

Back to top Go down

Post by c62ta68 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

thanks for the updates

c62ta68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:32 pm

We are hoping Brewer will call another "Special Session", it closed last night, and EB did not pass. Same as everywhere, they were concerned for our AZ business, rates to go up. She had stated that there would be no increase on the businesses due to the change in the law (one word is all the change would have been), just plain evil meaness is what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:21 pm

We also have to deal with Russell Pearce here in AZ...there is a recall petition that is getting a lot of signatures. He is in the legislature and voted against unemployment eb extension. Agree with disgusted withgovt that this is just plain meaness. This is so unfair and heartless.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:43 pm

PA legislatures work in Harrisburg Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, they usually leave early on Wednesday. I read a article that they will stay until Friday if need be to pass this bill. All are for it. Just a couple blips. 100,000 people losing EB is not 100,000 people losing EB it is 100,000 FAMILIES LOSING EB. I don't think that will go over to good, I could be wrong but I'd have my body in Harrisburg so fast. They screwed us out of 6 weeks, probably won't get Hub (7 weeks) because all these people are falling off the rolls. Now I ask you if they are falling off the rolls, they still exist as unemployed and wanting a job. Therefore, I protest losing that additional 13 weeks of unemployment of 'Tier 3 and HuB. I just don't get their understanding we are still in a recession. CNN says there are 39 million Americans unemployed (including all those U 3, 6 9, 13, etc) 39 million Americans out of work, this is worse than the great depression, I was glad when CNN reported that with the 9.1 unemployment rate. The US government ought to take their pants off for all to see, not just Weiner.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Atctz Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:51 pm

I could not agree with you more Dazed. I cannot understand the mentality a lot of our politicans have. I too think this will pass just due to the republican support, but to make us wait and delay payments while they just talk, and talk, and talk with no sense of urgency is unforgivable. I am very grateful for all the benefits I have received thus far, and I am not in as bad a position as some are. However there are many, many families who right now may not have the EB check for food this week due to their delay tatics. Just unforgivable to behave this way tword your fellow man.
Atctz
Atctz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next